Parish on BBS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If they end up playing Bolton in the play offs BBS will go into meltdown

If we don't knock them out in the play-offs I pray that it's Bolton just for the sheer amusement factor. Can you imagine the hand-wringing, end of the world fallout on the BBS after either of those possibilities?!

It would be great if we did it for many reasons, one of which being their constant assertion that Dougie was "in it for the long-haul" (before legging it) and Gus is a mercenary who'll be off at the first Prem job (who turned down the job at Reading to stay with us)...

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Has anyone else noticed that Parish has said that he has spent the £10 million from the Zaha sale already?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has anyone else noticed that Parish has said that he has spent the £10 million from the Zaha sale already?

Covering Dobbie's wages over the contract they're giving him won't be cheap.

Glenn's new deal at an alleged 20k a week will also take a fair chunk of the cash.

With the losses they've covered, I suspect there is not much left.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Covering Dobbie's wages over the contract they're giving him won't be cheap.

Glenn's new deal at an alleged 20k a week will also take a fair chunk of the cash.

With the losses they've covered, I suspect there is not much left.

According to Parish in the South London Press today, they will break-even this season with the Zaha money. This is their big push season. It might just work (but hopefully not).

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
According to Parish in the South London Press today, they will break-even this season with the Zaha money. This is their big push season. It might just work (but hopefully not).

This report
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/...usive: Palace chief Parish on club's accounts

Perhaps one of our financial guys can explain what he means by the £2.2mill loss was more like £4 mill really.
Also, last years loss of £9.4m - although that figure was because the remainder of the costs of acquiring the club were written off by the four Palace owners.
Did they lose £9.4mill or the £5.3mill our friends up the road claim it was.
I have to admit I find this accounts stuff confusing.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This report
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/...usive: Palace chief Parish on club's accounts

Perhaps one of our financial guys can explain what he means by the £2.2mill loss was more like £4 mill really.
Also, last years loss of £9.4m - although that figure was because the remainder of the costs of acquiring the club were written off by the four Palace owners.

I'm no expert, but I'm sure I read the £9.4 mill figure included the cost of buying Selhurst, and apparently they wrote off the money for the ground.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This report

I think the £4M difference is what CPFC2010 wrote off as goodwill (honouring multi-season ticket deals , legal costs , stock and inventory etc)

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
This report

I find it confusing aswell. I saw a graph that stated that they were £12 million in debt. It is to their owners and an interest free loan like ours though. But the way they say we are cheating because of Blooms interest free loan is laughable.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I find it confusing aswell. I saw a graph that stated that they were £12 million in debt. It is to their owners and an interest free loan like ours though. But the way they say we are cheating because of Blooms interest free loan is laughable.

I know and they keep on about us not paying interest on the stadium, but Parish says in this article that the football club pay nothing to play there (no rent) which they say will be against FFP rules when talking about us.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
True - but not too different from some of the nonsense on here after we lose.

Feels like I am sticking up for them a bit... which feels dirty.

I have no idea what Parish lookslike or how old he is but he acts a bit like that pikey that won £10million on the lottery and spunked the lot. It is just not professional to trawl the chat rooms for an argument. That is our job! I know the sponsors of one of the championship clubs and they look at the chat rooms but never ever comment, even anonymously. They know it just isn't worth it and will always end in tears.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So do you then read that as a 2 year loss of £11.6mill or a possible £13.6mill loss or not?

I would say The 2 year loss is around £7.5 mill, as recorded.
The owners seem happy enough with the loss, and they are doing what they said from day 1, work in 2 year cycles .
With the losses from other championship clubs mind bogging , I think they are doing quite well,

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I know and they keep on about us not paying interest on the stadium, but Parish says in this article that the football club pay nothing to play there (no rent) which they say will be against FFP rules when talking about us.

They also talk about depreciation on the stadium affecting FFP, but I listened to Albion Roar yesterday with El Presidente talking about our finances, and if I understood correctly it doesn't count toward FFP.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would say The 2 year loss is around £7.5 mill, as recorded.
The owners seem happy enough with the loss, and they are doing what they said from day 1, work in 2 year cycles .
With the losses from other championship clubs mind bogging , I think they are doing quite well,

It looks like the next 2 year cycle is already sorted out by the prospective sale of Williams

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
They also talk about depreciation on the stadium affecting FFP, but I listened to Albion Roar yesterday with El Presidente talking about our finances, and if I understood correctly it doesn't count toward FFP.

He said there's no depreciation because (until very recently) we hadn't finished building it.

The capital cost of the stadium (and training facilities) do not count towards FFP.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I'm certain Parish complained about the four of them stumping up £5m combined to keep the club going.

Another interesting fact in that report, was that the supposed richest of the four, Martin Long cut his investment to £1.6 mill, when the other three put in £3mill each.
The Palace fans ask how long will TB keep covering our debts, well it looks like Mr Long is fading out from theirs.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
He said there's no depreciation because (until very recently) we hadn't finished building it.

The capital cost of the stadium (and training facilities) do not count towards FFP.

Ah, I thought he said that when depreciation come in it gets taken of the profit and loss, but put back on for FFP. Sorry

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we don't knock them out in the play-offs I pray that it's Bolton just for the sheer amusement factor. Can you imagine the hand-wringing, end of the world fallout on the BBS after either of those possibilities?!

It would be great if we did it for many reasons, one of which being their constant assertion that Dougie was "in it for the long-haul" (before legging it) and Gus is a mercenary who'll be off at the first Prem job (who turned down the job at Reading to stay with us)...

This is true, Palace if they hang in, have the potential to be beaten by two teams in the playoffs that would cause enormous angst for their fans. Best case scenario for me is that they get beaten by Bolton in the semis and we beat Bolton in the final. I really would like to avoid playing Palace only because the disappointment if we lost would be much greater than the joy of beating them :shrug:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This is true, Palace if they hang in, have the potential to be beaten by two teams in the playoffs that would cause enormous angst for their fans. Best case scenario for me is that they get beaten by Bolton in the semis and we beat Bolton in the final. I really would like to avoid playing Palace only because the disappointment if we lost would be much greater than the joy of beating them :shrug:

I love the way most of you assume you're in the play offs already !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports