Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parish on BBS

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I mean, I can't work out if they are saying "yeah, he was great... Seven years ago." Or "talent like that is timeless, he was good then he will be good now"
Ah. Indeed, saying he was great in 2006 is hardly an argument to prove he's not a has been, but I think he is being sincere.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I had to laugh at this old article about the transfer window

PALACE co-chairman Steve Parish says he and manager Ian Holloway will be doing everything they can to bring in at least a couple of new players in the January transfer window coming up.

With the club fighting hard for promotion to the Premier League, Parish feels that some new faces could give the team an extra boost in achieving that and present further options in certain positions.

However, Parish says the club won't be signing anyone for the sake of it and feels any player arriving at Selhurst Park needs to have the right character and attitude to be part of the team rather than thinking about themselves

Steve Parish: January transfer window is about finding the right character for Crystal Palace' | This is Croydon

Lets take a look at those signings

Alex Nimley: signed from Man City until the end of the season and has made two appearances, always injured :nono:

Jacob Butterfield: signed from Norwich and many fans believe him to be the best signing during this window, has returned to Norwich after making 9 appearances but some fans think he was shipped out due to being involved with coach to Brighton issue. He did not play again after that night. :nono:

Jaz Richards: Fans not impressed with him and wanted him out as soon as Ward was fit. LuaLua gave him a real bad time at the Amex :nono:

Stephen Dobbie: Well we all know about him and now the Palace fans are finding the same. Many of them just can't believe they have actually paid money for him :nono:

Kevin Phillips: Probably the best signing in this window scoring 5 goals in 13 appearances. I bet he never came cheap though ???

Aruna Dindane: signed a month ago and after the famous "Holloway will get the best out of him" he is now able to run 600m:ohmy:

So Mr Parish I think you and worzel have done a cracking job

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I just find it cringeworthy that a club chairman at this level of football, decides it's a good idea to argue with fans on an internet message board.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I didn't think the Palace directors could get any more arrogant, condescending or patronising, I was wrong, they seem to excel in this area.

I also love the signature of CPFC2010 - 'We will NOT comment on transfers, player performances, wages, contracts etc ', they then go on to contradict that in almost every post!

Staggeringly poor PR, do they not employ anyone to advise these two bob clowns on PR?

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Post 45 made me laugh. A lot.
Yep, thx for pointing it out. I just read the holloway 'column' they referenced. It's really weird. The whole thing is paragraphs of one sentence. Is it me, or does Croydon Advertiser seem on a par with Brihton and Hove Leader? Or maybe even, Loot!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Post 44 was great. 'Ballantynes gym only in reverse' *snigger*

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I know a fair few CEOs and not many of them have too much time to spend on baiting their CUSTOMERS on social networks. It is not seen as a good idea by most. Parish is clearly a joke of an exec who has no idea what Holloway is up to and, as results continue to fall off the cliff, is causing a massive rift between himself and the supporters with his bellendery.

You often CAN tell a book by its cover and Parishs' hair says all you need to know about his character and opinion of himself.

Long may he continue in his excellent work.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Parish

“We’re not gambling the farm. We’re not getting £75m into debt like Ipswich, or a £55m debt like Cardiff. We’re not going to do that. That is an uncertain future for those clubs.

Don't worry Stevie,they can pay 2p in the pound like your lot did....TWICE.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
:lolol:

"Thanks for your support.

Mate. You stump up the money and it's all yours.

Sometimes I wonder why the **** I bother. This is one of those times."

:lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Cpfc2010
As far as concerns Wilfried we got a price that is the world record from this league to the Prem. Do you think that the player wanted us to turn it down?​

Judging from the comments of palace fans on here, yes, Zaha did want you to turn it down because h lives palace and never wants to leave.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Ho Ho, had to have a little look, love his reply

"Thanks for your support.

Mate. You stump up the money and it's all yours.

Sometimes I wonder why the **** I bother. This is one of those times."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here