Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew headbutts Meyler

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It's not quite how I'd define a headbutt. Not much more than a touching of heads. It'll get suitably punished in that vein. 3-5 games in the stand I imagine.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
10 game ban? Will he make it back pitch side before the end of the season?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's not quite how I'd define a headbutt. Not much more than a touching of heads. It'll get suitably punished in that vein. 3-5 games in the stand I imagine.

Agreed if we're going by what happens in the real world but we both know that in football circles that alpha-male head shove thing is classified as a headbutt. You're right about the punishment - which is pretty much meaningless in the world of mobile phones and what have you.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
10 game ban? Will he make it back pitch side before the end of the season?

He is the manager which increases the severity - might be lucky to sit pitchside again this season and may even give Ashton the excuse he has reportedly been looking for to get rid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 55m

#nufc boss Alan Pardew: "I tried to push him away with my head, I should not have done that."

That's all right, then.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When the other fella is taller than you the most damage you can do is split his nose open instead of cracking his forehead.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Not on the Yosser Hughes scale, but headbutt by definition. I see he's tried to smarm it off. CAUC.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 55m

#nufc boss Alan Pardew: "I tried to push him away with my head, I should not have done that."

That's all right, then.

I did a similar thing to my wife's best friend. She was bending over naked in front of me. I tried to push her away with my todger but it slipped into her lady bits. I regret it now of course.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
If you've got a subscription to The Times or The Sun you can see it on their highlights packages for the game. It's football gold. Otherwise wait till MotD.....

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It's obviously not a proper headbutt but what an absolute tool. The rape comment on MOTD, the official 'assault', the c word abuse and now this. He acts like a thuggish, idiotic, young fan.

Probably shouldn't expect anything else from someone who's ex Palace, Southampton, West Ham and Reading mind you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here