Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's soul? Druma, goal music, Ultras, Eagle's flying, Groupon ect.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Which was a made-up nickname that someone came up with out of nowhere in 1974. Before that they'd been the Glaziers, playing in claret and blue (although they still changed the design almost every season).

And what pray did Albion call themselves prior to about 1976? It wasn't "Seagulls", that was something you took after as a retaliation to "Eagles" chants.

Wasn't it a marine mammal of some kind?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Goal music I agree with, but you could only dream of having the atmosphere that we have.
Anyway I am off to read the other thread to see which NSC users are "pro dick or anti dick" :lol: it maybe a stereotype and who gives a monkeys anyway but that line really did make me laugh

Good evening, did you vote in the team Tony/Dick poll, team Dick is right up your street :D

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I don't know if it's just palace it seems the kit makers seem to be able to a change a clubs kit as it suits them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And what pray did Albion call themselves prior to about 1976? It wasn't "Seagulls", that was something you took after as a retaliation to "Eagles" chants.

Wasn't it a marine mammal of some kind?
We have never been known as The Narwhal's.

Palace man

Jan 31, 2013
Unbelievable amount of hypocrisy on this thread! You lot really shouldn't be talking about plastics, as you seemed to gain 20,000 'new fans' after the AMEX was built did you not?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I think a drum is worse than goal music, because to be fair to palace fans, the goal music and the flying eagle is something the club have imposed on them I doubt even palace fans like goal music. But drums and ultra's well that is their own doing!

I think this goal music attack is completely unwarranted, why are we railing against something that will never happen this season?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the Palace fans generate a pretty decent atmosphere, and they don't all **** off on 85 minutes either. That said, given that they're blessed by a massive catchment area they're underachieving massively in terms of fan interest.

Feb 14, 2010
Strange view of Palace Man. Leyton Orient fans will tell him what the Goldstone was like in the 4th tier - there were more there than Palace got against Bristol City in the Championship, but this is not about attendances, this is about football not losing its soul. I cant see why palace fans have not had a moan about goal music and told the lad with the drum to pack it in?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Strange view of Palace Man. Leyton Orient fans will tell him what the Goldstone was like in the 4th tier - there were more there than Palace got against Bristol City in the Championship, but this is not about attendances, this is about football not losing its soul. I cant see why palace fans have not had a moan about goal music and told the lad with the drum to pack it in?

I have not met anyone who likes the goal music, I personally find it annoying but now we are in the Premier I do not notice it as much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here