Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's New Badge

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
i actually quite like it. still think my design is better though...

new logo.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not bad. Better than the last one.

But the mistake they have made is trying to pile too much in. Football, Crystal Palace and an eagle. They are hardly the only offender.

I was looking at badges the other day and my personal favourite in terms of design is Forest.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
A grammatical error within the first five words. Stay classy Palace.

It should either be "Crystal Palace Football Club is delighted" or "Crystal Palace are delighted", no?

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
It should either be "Crystal Palace Football Club is delighted" or "Crystal Palace are delighted", no?

Yeah, I reckon it's okay these days to use plural for the generic name of the team, but not when referring specifically to 'Crystal Palace Football Club'. Should be 'is'. Or alternatively: 'Nigel, Nigel and Nigel are delighted...'

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
"I see this change as more evolution than revolution"
Steve Parish
:lolol:

Way to over-hype, Steve.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Whatever else you may think, graphic design is one area where Steve Parish definitely has relevant experience - as I discovered when I met him a few years back in a former life, slaving over a hot Mac for a repro house in Clerkenwell. He seemed back then like Britain's least likely billionaire...

Dec 29, 2011
I prefer it, but that's because their old one is pretty dated. If they changed the 'wavey' writing on the new one (looks shit) to just plain writing, I think it'd be better overall.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I've always thought the eagle on the current crest looks a bit...well..spazzy with its wings on all wrong.

The new one just looks comedic so jobs a good un.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The eagle looks like it's just about to nosedive, that's a shame!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here