Palace will stay up!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd love to discuss this on the BBS with you, but it appears you don't go on there anymore? Not since 14/5/13.

If you'd like to know my source, it would be Dwight's agent. As well as someone inside Palace.

Teams put out higher prices because it placates fans. £3.5m, with appearance and goal bonuses, and a final safety clause. And his wages are not far off Murray's new wage.

The away end on there is full of trolls of both teams, and generally a boring willy-waving exercise. They can't handle anyone not re-inforcing their prejudices on the main site.

Good to hear :thumbsup:

As I said, we paid £1m for CMS. And Vicente was on £500 a week - they put higher prices because it placates fans, don't you know?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Ian Holloway first Premier League manager to leave at 40/1 looks interesting - obviously Alan Pardew needs to get stability at Newcastle, the 3/1 favourite, but his contract is until 2020.

If Palarse start off badly then I can't see him having as good a relationship with the media this time (after Blackpool's positive and attacking attitude nearly kept them up). I honestly can't see where their points are going to come from.

Clause in Pardew's contract says it'll only be a years pay off of he gets the sack. 3/1 is cracking value with Kinnear coming in to upset the apple cart.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
This isn't fun, I'd rather the gloating than them miserably accepting their likely fate. This way we can't gloat to them (as much) if they do go down :nono:

There's nothing miserable about it in the slightest! I'm over the moon that we got promoted. Relegation is inevitable, as we're the weakest team in the league, but I enjoyed our previous Premiership jaunts and I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too :)

I'm pretty confident we'll be a strong team going down who can mount another promotion push, and hopefully do a West Brom.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
There's nothing miserable about it in the slightest! I'm over the moon that we got promoted. Relegation is inevitable, as we're the weakest team in the league, but I enjoyed our previous Premiership jaunts and I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too :)

I'm pretty confident we'll be a strong team going down who can mount another promotion push, and hopefully do a West Brom.

I would rather you did a Wolves of the past two seasons

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hull
Cardiff
Palace
Norwich
Sunderland
Stoke
Fulham
Southampton

It's going to be a tight little fight down there next season. Expect a low total to stay up.

Always worth throwing in Villa and Newcastle for good measure.

Which is why I don't get the McDermott love.

The Premier League is impossible to win.
But any half decent manager and squad of players should be able to stay in it.
By virtue of the amount of dross at the other end of the table.

Oh and Holloway MacKay and Bruce aren't half decent managers, but I bet even they would fancy their chances against McDermott.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
You just know that with all the gobbing off we are doing about Palace getting the lowest points total and being the whipping boys in the PL that the jammy *******s will stay up!

I'm telling you, our previous threads will come back to bite us in the arse.....

No chance. It's gonna be a turkey shoot :(

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another statement of intent that Palace will do their hardest to stay up , their latest signing Elliott Grandin who has only committed to a 1 year deal plus a 1 year option (escape clause ?)

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
They'll be down before the Christmas Decorations.

Shit Club with shit fans. Looking forward to a season of utter dejection for the Croydon bedwetters.

Shit Club? You've been in our shadow for decades, so what does this make you?

Shit fans? Even your own manager slated your fans in the Play offs for turning up with clappers and silly hats. The commentator on Sky slated your mob for leaving early, when you should have stayed behind to applaud your team in what was a decent season overall. Yes your gates are good, but what percentage of these fans are genuine Brighton fans? Where were these guys when you were playing at the Withdean and needed the support the most?

Your club is all about a nice stadium that looks pretty filled with plastic fans...lipstick on a pig I'm afraid. Bragging rights should all be about what happens on the pitch, and that's where you get destroyed when it comes to Palace

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
4 more signings still to come according to Parish. Looks like Chamakh on loan from Arsenal is about to get done. Very happy with that.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
4 more signings still to come according to Parish. Looks like Chamakh on loan from Arsenal is about to get done. Very happy with that.

Wow I am impressed with that, he is reported to be on £65k per week and I bet the rest of the Palace squad are happy they have taken a player on at such high wages.
Now I hope for your sake the promised 4 Parish signings are all defenders as there seems a lacking in this department to strengthen for the Prem.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Wow I am impressed with that, he is reported to be on £65k per week and I bet the rest of the Palace squad are happy they have taken a player on at such high wages.
Now I hope for your sake the promised 4 Parish signings are all defenders as there seems a lacking in this department to strengthen for the Prem.

You seem rather bitter? We are rumoured to be paying only 20-25k per week on his wages, Arsenal covering the rest. Don't worry about our defence, that will be sorted next, we do have a fair bit of cash to play with you know :thumbsup:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Shit fans? Even your own manager slated your fans in the Play offs for turning up with clappers and silly hats. The commentator on Sky slated your mob for leaving early, when you should have stayed behind to applaud your team in what was a decent season overall. Yes your gates are good, but what percentage of these fans are genuine Brighton fans? Where were these guys when you were playing at the Withdean and needed the support the most?

Your club is all about a nice stadium that looks pretty filled with plastic fans...lipstick on a pig I'm afraid. Bragging rights should all be about what happens on the pitch, and that's where you get destroyed when it comes to Palace

"Where were these guys when you were playing at the Withdean and needed the support the most? " quote.
What part of the ground being sold out every week, do you not understand. It was full, there was no more room for more supporters. Unlike Palace that got crowds of about 13-16,000 when the ground holds 26,000. Even last season you got nowhere near your capacity, and you were up there for a good part of it. I think you should take a look at your own plastics.
"Bragging rights" eh, tell that to all the people that got shafted by your two administrations, two that unlike other teams, you got off scot free.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You seem rather bitter? We are rumoured to be paying only 20-25k per week on his wages, Arsenal covering the rest. Don't worry about our defence, that will be sorted next, we do have a fair bit of cash to play with you know :thumbsup:

What part of that post is bitter?
And pardon me for assuming that his wages were high, but West Ham paid him £40k a week with Arsenal the rest. love to see the link reporting you are paying £20-25k. What other players are you paying that amount to?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What part of that post is bitter?
And pardon me for assuming that his wages were high, but West Ham paid him £40k a week with Arsenal the rest. love to see the link reporting you are paying £20-25k. What other players are you paying that amount to?

It's not bitter.

The Palace Dullards love to tell us what our emotions are.

Truth is last season will be forgotten VERY quickly now , and the palace weekly tonking will soon be with us :lolol:

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004

Are you new here

It's not bitter.

The Palace Dullards love to tell us what our emotions are.

Truth is last season will be forgotten VERY quickly now , and the palace weekly tonking will soon be with us :lolol:

Who are you trying to kid? it will be with you in the back of your heads for ever A historic play off defeat to the mighty Palace for a place at Wembley to gain promotion to boot:lolol: no better way to avenge the 3-0 :bowdown:

Well I will remember it as one of the best days out ever:thumbsup::clap:Thanks Palace for making it happen, and to Wayne Bridge for letting Wif Zaha out of your pocket :bowdown:

Last edited:

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013

I must have missed your posts last year complaining about the effect Bridge's enormous wage would have on the rest of the team.

Maybe he was thinking of his wages when Zaha nipped past him to head the ball into the net?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports