Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace will stay up!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can't see Palace surviving; they've lost their best player and none of their signings look likely to make an impact at Premier League level. They'll probably pull a few surprise results out of the bag, but you get found out over the course of a season.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
They seemed to have big problems in the dressing room towards the latter half of last season until we suffered whatever went on in ours and handed them a Wembley date.

That fragility could come back very easily and if it does they could take some right hidings.

I think the 3 teams who went up the season before were far better than last year's.

40/1 for Holloway is big as before the play-off semi I would have thought he was on his way and he knew it (which is why he took a poo where he did lol)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you seriously believe that. We could attract players easily but we are no longer willing to go for the shit or bust approach(thank ****) and pay them ridiculous amounts on long contracts. As for the six piles of shit, we/they are still doing better than you currently so what does that make you lot??

"We could sign Messi! We just don't WANT to."

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
...unless you're in direct competition with other PL clubs for them, in which case you will always lose out.
Just like with Dwight Gayle.... oh.

We won't stay up because frankly, our Owners are too tight and are trying to offer League 1 fees for Premiership quality players.

Campana aside, i'm not massively enthused about the signings. I like Dobbie and I like Gayle, but it's a big step-up.

Why we aren't in for players like Austin or Wood, or people like Sako from Wolves. And we desperately need a Centre Back and Left Back with some sort of ability.

Right now, i'll be surprised if we get 20 points. But, that hasn't stopped me betting on top 15, staying up, top scorer, worst disciplined player (Jedinak) and all the other fun bets you get in the top league.

What will be, will be.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Correct - no one else was f**king stupid enough to spend £6.5m-£8m on a player playing NON LEAGUE a season ago. Yeah, THEY missed out, all those other teams.

:laugh:

And Dobbie isn't a Premier League player in a million years.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hull
Cardiff
Palace
Norwich
Sunderland
Stoke
Fulham
Southampton

It's going to be a tight little fight down there next season. Expect a low total to stay up.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Except, we haven't... It's £3.5m going up to £6m if we stay up.

Do you really believe Barry Fry rates Gayle at 8.5m but lets you have him for 3.5m and he gets the rest if he turns out good.
Dream on you have paid 6m, if you ever do pay the full price 8.5m then the gamble has paid off.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Norwich wont be anywhere near involved a relegation scrap, Southampton or Sunderland maybe but only on the fringes.

I'd add WBA to that list, normally a well run club now signing the likes of Anelka having lost their Director of Football.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you really believe Barry Fry rates Gayle at 8.5m but lets you have him for 3.5m and he gets the rest if he turns out good.
Dream on you have paid 6m, if you ever do pay the full price 8.5m then the gamble has paid off.

It's widely reported as £6/.5m rising to £8/.5m. Naturally Palace fans will believe whatever the lowest they hear is. It CANNOT be £3.5m, due to the sell on amount that was received.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hull
Cardiff
Palace
Norwich
Sunderland
Stoke
Fulham
Southampton

It's going to be a tight little fight down there next season. Expect a low total to stay up.

Always worth throwing in Villa and Newcastle for good measure.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Have you bought your Palarse season ticket yet ? :lol:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

We won't stay up because frankly, our Owners are too tight and are trying to offer League 1 fees for Premiership quality players.

Campana aside, i'm not massively enthused about the signings. I like Dobbie and I like Gayle, but it's a big step-up.

Why we aren't in for players like Austin or Wood, or people like Sako from Wolves. And we desperately need a Centre Back and Left Back with some sort of ability.

Right now, i'll be surprised if we get 20 points. But, that hasn't stopped me betting on top 15, staying up, top scorer, worst disciplined player (Jedinak) and all the other fun bets you get in the top league.

What will be, will be.

I've had a fun bet as well :
Palace 30.5 points Sold for £20 a point

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
It's widely reported as £6/.5m rising to £8/.5m. Naturally Palace fans will believe whatever the lowest they hear is. It CANNOT be £3.5m, due to the sell on amount that was received.
I'd love to discuss this on the BBS with you, but it appears you don't go on there anymore? Not since 14/5/13.

If you'd like to know my source, it would be Dwight's agent. As well as someone inside Palace.

Teams put out higher prices because it placates fans. £3.5m, with appearance and goal bonuses, and a final safety clause. And his wages are not far off Murray's new wage.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Hull
Cardiff
Palace
Norwich
Sunderland
Stoke
Fulham
Southampton

Always worth throwing in Villa and Newcastle for good measure.

Villa and Southampton will stay up. Southampton top 10 with ease.

3 promoted clubs, Fulham, Stoke, Sunderland, Newcastle, Norwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here