Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace smoke bomb

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Blimey what a fuss about one smoke bomb; fair play to Palace I thought it looked great. Stadiums are so flippin' sanitised these days I like it when fans show a bit of flare (no pun intended).

Maybe not intended, but good pun that

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No and that’s completely irrelevant. Anyone who has breathing issues would suffer from that acrid smoke.

So you are complaining on behalf of someone who would not/does not sit there?

OK. So the world should revolve about a ‘what if’.

Cancel all games just in case someone MIGHT have Corona virus.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The pub in Brighton I watched the game on TV in was packed with blokes that have been following BHA for 30/40 years all saying the same sort of thing, that they aren’t interested in going to The Amex as it’s so sterile and boring with over fastidious stewards. After watching the smoke bomb ‘incident’ on here and reading some of the comments I can see how far thing have gone AMF

I imagine family life with its attendant priorities is the real reason. It’s much easier, and more macho, to blame modern football.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Interesting that you pull up someone complaining on behalf of someone who wouldn't sit there yet you conveniently ignore the comments by one whose relative had to be helped from the stand and myself whose daughter still isnt great today having been working in the away end yesterday

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

A medic did have to attend to someone in the SE corner because of the smoke bomb. Could even have been in the away end

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
In fairness ‘that same group’ used to sit in the Ladies Mile saying they went to The Goldstone but won’t whilst still at Priestfield and Withdean.

Truth is, they’re NOT Albion supporters. But they did like to hold court whilst telling me post match getting back from Gillingham etc what was wrong with the club, team, football and life in general.

I met a couple of mates and watched the game in a pub as I couldn’t be arsed to go to The Amex but I did go to the Sheffield Utd match last week so maybe I’m NOT an Albion fan

No strong views but clearly had an unpleasant physical effect on some and may have had on my daughter and I if we had been sitting closer.

Hopefully CCTV may have picked up the perpetrators and they will be dealt with. Based on a very swift Google for such things I would think that short of a full body search (and I mean full!) to detect them you would not be able to stop them being brought in. CCTV, charge and well publicised life time ban would seem the only deterrent.

Although not on the same scale there were a few members of the Albion Tw*ats club sitting near us in WSU that further diminished our "enjoyment" of the day.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The pub in Brighton I watched the game on TV in was packed with blokes that have been following BHA for 30/40 years all saying the same sort of thing, that they aren’t interested in going to The Amex as it’s so sterile and boring with over fastidious stewards. After watching the smoke bomb ‘incident’ on here and reading some of the comments I can see how far thing have gone AMF

With all due respect and all that, what a load of bollocks. As you'll know yourself, there is no substitute for being there and yesterday was no exception, something for everyone. These 'blokes' you mention sound like your typical pub bores who know everything about 'how shit modern football is' and are equipped with their ready made excuses for being armchair fans.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
With all due respect and all that, what a load of bollocks. As you'll know yourself, there is no substitute for being there and yesterday was no exception, something for everyone. These 'blokes' you mention sound like your typical pub bores who know everything about 'how shit modern football is' and are equipped with their ready made excuses for being armchair fans.

Ain’t it just so

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex

Yes there’s probably a bit of truth to your comments but the general football experience has changed beyond recognition for the older generation. I’m aware that criticism of Uncle Tony’s stadium will have the anoraks in a fluster but The Amex was not designed with atmosphere in mind and it certainly shows. Bigger clubs than us have the same problem, Arsenal and West Ham spring to mind

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
I can't believe the average Crystal Palace 'fan' would ever consider doing anything like that. Those idiots simply went to commit criminal damage, not watch the football.

They aren't true fans at all.

Don't kid yourself. Most of Palace's "average fans" are no better than this, if not worse. Complete morons including those that post on here.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I met a couple of mates and watched the game in a pub as I couldn’t be arsed to go to The Amex but I did go to the Sheffield Utd match last week so maybe I’m NOT an Albion fan

Why not do both?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes there’s probably a bit of truth to your comments but the general football experience has changed beyond recognition for the older generation. I’m aware that criticism of Uncle Tony’s stadium will have the anoraks in a fluster but The Amex was not designed with atmosphere in mind and it certainly shows. Bigger clubs than us have the same problem, Arsenal and West Ham spring to mind

What’s your solution ideas then? Genuinely interested, not fishing, rhetorical etc.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
What’s your solution ideas then? Genuinely interested, not fishing, rhetorical etc.

Yes tough one isn’t it. Certainly didn’t have to have meetings about creating an atmosphere in the 70s 80s 90s it came naturally with terraces and the close proximity of away fans etc. Even at my age of 48 I would love to have a sing song in the ground but get looked at by those around me like I’m an odd ball

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes tough one isn’t it. Certainly didn’t have to have meetings about creating an atmosphere in the 70s 80s 90s it came naturally with terraces and the close proximity of away fans etc. Even at my age of 48 I would love to have a sing song in the ground but get looked at by those around me like I’m an odd ball

You and I same age, same Albion story no doubt. This actually happened to me yday as I was in a different part of the Amex to normal. I’d even say I was one of the younger fans too there, we certainly have an older demographic than many clubs and that IS part of the problem.

Coronavirus? :ohmy::whistle:

Not really, first time you've beaten us at home in the PL and you were probably due a win after we did the double over your lot (again) last season. When was the last time you guys got the double over us (I'm having trouble remembering)?

Yep quite right a very long time, at least I've seen 3 Amex wins in recent history how many Bha Selhurst wins have you seen:wave:

For what it's worth I still think you'll survive :thumbsup:

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
You and I same age, same Albion story no doubt. This actually happened to me yday as I was in a different part of the Amex to normal. I’d even say I was one of the younger fans too there, we certainly have an older demographic than many clubs and that IS part of the problem.

Coronavirus? :ohmy::whistle:

Plenty of people willing to sing etc but scattered all over the stadium so end up sitting on their hands. Terraces are the obvious answer but we ain’t going to see them anytime soon if at all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

What a twatish thing to say. The point I was making was that could easily be avoided and did cause issues for some. If someone with similar health issues as my wife was there then it may have ended up as a serious incident, for what exactly?

kevsbha

Sep 29, 2019
This was out of order today, action needs to taken against this horrible little club

There was a young kid choking next to me in the south stand

I was in the North East corner and it caused my asthma and afib go into overdrive. That b stard should have a flare let off in their p key caravan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here