Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace set to make move for Bent

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tbf Derby are better football team & bigger club than palace so it's no suprise. Doubt the op is laughing now though - ooooooops :lol:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Bit humiliating for palace, really :lolol:

Absolutely no evidence that Palace are or ever have been interested in Bent other than a couple of throwaway articles in untrustworthy papers. Palace fans don't and haven't ever wanted him. The idea of Palace wanting him is based entirely on his agent touting him around.

Humiliating? Errr.... nah. :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Absolutely no evidence that Palace are or ever have been interested in Bent other than a couple of throwaway articles in untrustworthy papers. Palace fans don't and haven't ever wanted him.
Perhaps you should check out the OP.
If it wasn't for the OP we wouldn't be laughing. But we are :lolol:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Perhaps you should check out the OP.

"Alan Pardew could turn to Darren Bent to fill Crystal Palace's striker void if the Eagles cannot complete a deal for Swansea's Bafetimbi Gomis."

1. Concrete evidence if I've ever seen it :moo:
2. Bent is ****ing awful
3. Could we be getting Bafetimbi Gomis? :clap:

Perhaps we should also be gutted that we've "missed out" on Sylvan Ebanks-Blake to Preston.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Absolutely no evidence that Palace are or ever have been interested in Bent other than a couple of throwaway articles in untrustworthy papers. Palace fans don't and haven't ever wanted him. The idea of Palace wanting him is based entirely on his agent touting him around.

Well, apart from the Press Association Sport 'understanding'.

:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

ha%u00252Bha.gif

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"Alan Pardew could turn to Darren Bent to fill Crystal Palace's striker void if the Eagles cannot complete a deal for Swansea's Bafetimbi Gomis."
No, you're missing the point. What we're laughing at is that a Palace fan came onto the Brighton forum (well, the main one after Seagulls Chat) to gloat that Brighton were going to lose a striker to Palace, and Bent has chosen Derby instead.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, you're missing the point. What we're laughing at is that a Palace fan came onto the Brighton forum (well, the main one after Seagulls Chat) to gloat that Brighton were going to lose a striker to Palace, and Bent has chosen Derby instead.

You need to spell it out for him. @spanishflair has already shown a couple of Nigels to be a bit thick and slow on the uptake, today.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Missing out to Derby then Palace - ouch. Good luck Darren and thanks for your one important goal :)

Looks like he couldn't leave you quickly enough :lolol:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Looks like he didn't want to touch you with a barge pole

Oh well. Hopefully we can console ourselves with our second choice, France international striker Bafetimbe Gomis. It will be tough to get over this crushing disappointment with only £20m to spend.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Oh well. Hopefully we can console ourselves with our second choice, France international striker Bafetimbe Gomis. It will be tough to get over this crushing disappointment with only £20m to spend.

Just a shit Kenwyne Jones isn't he?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Looks like he didn't want to touch you with a barge pole

I've made a few inquiries and apparently it was a ruse by the players agent . He was so concerned about bents reputation since he joined you lot he had to link him to a big club to raise the players stock and this seems to have worked . I don't mind being used as derby are premier league ready and were outstanding in the play offs last season !

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I've made a few inquiries and apparently it was a ruse by the players agent . He was so concerned about bents reputation since he joined you lot he had to link him to a big club to raise the players stock and this seems to have worked . I don't mind being used as derby are premier league ready and were outstanding in the play offs last season !

Read a lot of Oscar Wilde do you Dougie?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Hi Dougie, has AP joined you yet, only I am really looking forward to him emulating his success when he took over Charlton, who were in the exact same position as your current plight.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Read a lot of Oscar Wilde do you Dougie?

Look I'm only passing on what I've heard . As you all know I'm on the cusp of all palace related news and feel obliged to pass it on as you're so interested in us :thumbsup:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Hi Dougie, has AP joined you yet, only I am really looking forward to him emulating his success when he took over Charlton, who were in the exact same position as your current plight.

As I've mentioned earlier no one could have kept that shower of shit up . Hughtons last few months at Norwich should be your main concern .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here