[Football] Palace set to make move for Bent

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
I will ask you again what is the criticism in the first post? That you have three players in Puncheon, Zaha and Bolasie who amongst the most dangerous approach players I have seen but have no end product. They have scored three goals all season between them. Which fact upsets you? That I have said Bent could do a job for you, does that upset you, the fact I said Murray was a better player than Bent does that upset you?

You watched 1 game and base your opinion on that, it's pathetic. A game in which admittedly we didn't play well in yet still got an away point and a clean sheet. You say that Bolasie, Zaha and Punch have no end product but in reality it's the fact we don't have a decent striker to put away the chances they create. If we get a decent forward this window then we will survive IMO, without one we are down.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I said you had three dangerous players who have no end product playing up front, who have scored three goals between them all season, take one out and put Bent in and he could do a job for you, as could Murray even better in my opinion. God are all you Palace fans thick or just wums

I thought wingers would be judged on their end product, ie, getting balls into the box.
Anyway we've got Murray back now, just need to put the ball on his head !

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I thought wingers would be judged on their end product, ie, getting balls into the box.
Anyway we've got Murray back now, just need to put the ball on his head !

F*ck me you and your mate have fell in with what I was saying, congratulations!!

This is a thread about Bent after all.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Just to clarify, are they still the worse wingers you've ever seen in the PL ?

Where did I say that. I actually said they are three of the most dangerous approach players, but have the worst end product.
Just in case you don't realise but wingers are allowed to score, especially when being played down the middle.

It does seem I am not alone in my thinking
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255868
11 pages on this very subject

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Where did I say that. I actually said they are three of the most dangerous approach players, but have the worst end product.
Just in case you don't realise but wingers are allowed to score, especially when being played down the middle.

Well thanks for clearing that up ???

Anyway, back to Bent, can't see him getting another chance in the PL, not done anything at Villa and Fulham in the last two seasons.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Groin problem is a code for the player does not want to play for us. Or was it for Hyypia?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Not convinced he'll sign, he wouldn't be first choice which surely he'd be looking for, especially in the Championship...... So he may still end up back with you lot.

exactly what i said!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I will ask you again what is the criticism in the first post?
You're arguing with an idiot. You said that they had 3 dangerous approach players who weren't good at scoring, and they could do with Bent, and you get told to "get off your high horse, you're criticising us yet you support a Championship side fighting for it's life". There's no reasoning with people as stupid at RotM.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Strange one that, surely he`ll be on the bench for Derby.

Anyway he only had one decent game for us so he`s no real loss is he?
I`m sure the money we would have spent in wages could be used on two players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Missing out to Derby then Palace - ouch. Good luck Darren and thanks for your one important goal :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports