Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace players haven't forgotten the rivalry

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, what you're now saying is that Palace's level is as a yo-yo club? As this will now be 3 Championship seasons and 3 Premier League seasons.

Cool

You should have been made to do what Swindon did, and get relegated two divisions. If you think it's cool to rob your creditors, then it shows the calibre of Palace fans.

raba

Jun 9, 2013
**Your**
I'm a so called 'plastic', had a season ticket for me and my kids for 3 seasons now, and I bought it because I like to show support for my local club(still kept my Chelsea season ticket though), not because I was hoping for premier league football although obviously I am , I renewed before Brighton were safe,as for who is the bigger club, it's Palace , but as a previous poster attested, it's all about the long game, there are lots of clubs who used to be bigger than Chelsea who aren't now, with the infrastructure and base that bloom is putting in Brighton will eventually make the premier league and do well, while palace revert back to the championship and league one mediocrity that is their natural home.

youre merely in exile, you'll be back there sooner rather than later.

Chelsea....

At least you can always smile at a weekend, I mean, what's the odds of both your teams losing on the same day?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
You should have been made to do what Swindon did, and get relegated two divisions. If you think it's cool to rob your creditors, then it shows the calibre of Palace fans.
Did Brighton pay off all their creditors in full when they got into money trouble and had to sell their ground?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did Brighton pay off all their creditors in full when they got into money trouble and had to sell their ground?

Not every single one of them as arrangements were made, but we didn't go into administration. Arrangements were made voluntarily not compulsory.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Can't be arsed with carrying on with this argument but you are right we sold our ground. You did not. You could have done exactly that and paid off a lot of your creditors but you didn't.

Can you see why that's a little irritating to us given the current state of affairs!!

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Can't be arsed with carrying on with this argument but you are right we sold our ground. You did not. You could have done exactly that and paid off a lot of your creditors but you didn't.

Can you see why that's a little irritating to us given the current state of affairs!!

"We" (in reality Simon Jordan) couldn't have sold the ground as "we" didn't own it. It was owned by Lloyd's Bank. HTH.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I hate this "my club's bigger than your club" rubbish.

Unfortunately, all that matters is the League position.

Palace are Premier League...
Brighton are Championship.

Until that changes; Palace 1 - 0 Brighton.

Hurts to type that out but that's all it is.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Ah OK. Always impossible to talk about this without sounding aggressive!

So why didn't Lloyds sell it off to cover the debt? Was it ever discussed... or am I being an idiot!

Because Lloyds had no involvement with the football club. They owned a piece of property, Selhurst Park.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
A short history of Palace club and ground ownership:

Ron Noades owned club and ground from 1981 to 1998, when he sold the club only to Mark Goldberg for the ludicrous sum of £22m. He retained ownership of the ground.

When Mark Goldberg ran out of money in 2000, the club were tenants of Ron Noades at Selhurst Park, so had no property assets that Goldberg could realise.

Simon Jordan bought the club only from the administrator in 2000, and the club continued to be a tenant of Ron Noades.

In 2008, Ron Noades sold Selhurst Park to Spurs vice-chairman Paul Kemsley's company Rock Joint Ventures Ltd. In 2009, Rock went into administration, and Selhurst Park was taken over by Price Waterhouse Cooper on behalf of their client Lloyd's Bank.

In 2010 Agilo put the club into administration for £4m, and Simon Jordan ceased to have involvement with the club. CPFC2010 bought the club from the administrators, having agreed a settlement with the creditors, and separately bought Selhurst Park from Lloyds Bank.

You will see from the above that at no point in either administration was the ground in the ownership of the current owner of the football club, so was not available to realise capital to pay off debts.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
We had that but would have gone into liquidation without the ground.

As would we, twice, unless a buyer could be found who could agree a price with the creditors. Who in their right mind would pay full asking price for a failed football club with no ground?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

I was just confirming the fact that during their own money troubles Albion didn't pay their creditors in full. So maybe a few on here should slip off their high horses.

As confirmed by Del, Our club was never in ownership of the ground during either of our admins.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
I was just confirming the fact that during their own money troubles Albion didn't pay their creditors in full. So maybe a few on here should slip off their high horses.

As confirmed by Del, Our club was never in ownership of the ground during either of our admins.

Lol we paid with all we had ground and all ,you nobs have done it twice and sill got away with it ,would love to have seen you ground share with Gillingham bet you would have got 800 fans a match at most just like the poor save the palace march ,small turnout
????????????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here