Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace players haven't forgotten the rivalry

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The long game.

It's ironic that the one thing that Palace have that sets them apart from other teams will eventually cripple them. Selhurst Park.

To all the Palace fans here (and without any malice) - are any plans for a new stadium what with al your new money?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The long game.

It's ironic that the one thing that Palace have that sets them apart from other teams will eventually cripple them. Selhurst Park.

To all the Palace fans here (and without any malice) - are any plans for a new stadium what with al your new money?
I would hope so , we might hear something this summer with the ground being done one stand at a time . Selhurst is abit run down but it will suffice for a few more years until the re development begins .

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I was speaking to a Palace fan the other evening at the REMF game where he said there was some scheme to buy several surrounding properties and then 'rotate' the stadium about 90°.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I was speaking to a Palace fan the other evening at the REMF game where he said there was some scheme to buy several surrounding properties and then 'rotate' the stadium about 90°.

I've heard about the houses, which back on to near the main stand, being purchased but I don't think the pitch will be rotated . The main stand should be the first one done I would imagine .

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
The long game.

The new money will pay for enough transfers and wages keep a team in the Premier League. It won't be enough for a new stadium, and it seems probable that this is the reason that CPFC2010 are negotiating for new investors to come on board. Information about the ground situation has been sparse for some time, but at the moment the smart money seems to be on gradual redevelopment of Selhurst Park rather than relocating to a new ground.

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014

The pitch wont be turned around (undersoil heating went in last year) the buying of the houses would be for building the main stand 'full width' as those houses have right of light

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
There's one thing in life we can all do and that's dream:thumbsup:
Proven on that glorious day in May Palace have always been and always will be bigger than Brighton get used to it:lolol:

Spoken like someone with a true inferiority complex. Come back when you're getting 22k+ in the home stands alone in the second tier for a meaningless game at the end of a seriously shite season. You'd be lucky to have 14k in the entire ground for such a fixture.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Spoken like someone with a true inferiority complex. Come back when you're getting 22k+ in the home stands alone in the second tier for a meaningless game at the end of a seriously shite season. You'd be lucky to have 14k in the entire ground for such a fixture.
Botty having a wcp moment ???
Nah it couldn't ......... Could it ? :bigwave:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Close Botty. They had 15,510 when they finished 17th in their last home game in the Championship season 2011/2012 against Cardiff, who were chasing last place in the top six and must have taken a few along to Shithurst..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've heard about the houses, which back on to near the main stand, being purchased but I don't think the pitch will be rotated . The main stand should be the first one done I would imagine .

Wasn't this mentioned about five years ago when CPFC2010 rolled into town ? The houses would have to be purchased at fair market value which at today's prices is well over double what they were worth back then.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Wasn't this mentioned about five years ago when CPFC2010 rolled into town ? The houses would have to be purchased at fair market value which at today's prices is well over double what they were worth back then.
Nah 5 years ago Prince Charming was promising this
th.jpg

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

We wasn't in a position to purchase them 5 years ago ,but cpfc2010 got a great deal for the stadium so it's swings and roundabouts really soggy . Hopefully things are moving positively on that front .

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The long term future is Palace punching above their weight for a few seasons until they go down. Brighton after they eventually go up with the Amex extended to 35'000 capacity will probably looking at Europe.

In my dreams anyway.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Not anymore . We are well run these days so the " a " word is a long and distant memory which only gets mentioned when I frequent this forum .

Aye I know, it was a clutching at straws reaction. The accounts were an interesting read, though that could change if this 'alternative' equity firm takes over. That could go either way, mind.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Wikipedia has Brighton 35- 32 Crystal Palace in the A23 derby

Palace have won the more important games I would suggest

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Given Palace's reputation when it's in the premier league, let's hail the day when you come down. How many protesters do you think will show up? 200? maybe 300?

lol 100 at most ,and for all my sins i was there !!! waste of a day off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here