Palace players haven't forgotten the rivalry

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
We wasn't in a position to purchase them 5 years ago ,but cpfc2010 got a great deal for the stadium so it's swings and roundabouts really soggy . Hopefully things are moving positively on that front .
Weren't not wasn't if that helps you?

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
went up with a mate good crack to be fair ,but not very well supported ,just my view

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Botty having a wcp moment ???
Nah it couldn't ......... Could it ? :bigwave:

That one won't wash on this one I'm afraid Dougie. With a 31k capacity and just over 3k Watford fans in the South Stand that leaves just under 28k seats to fill. Even humouring your WCP comment and saying there were only 21k BHA present at the match would mean that there were almost 7k empty seats on Saturday, which is almost a quarter of the Amex capacity. Anyone who was there (I'm still presuming that you weren't btw) would attest to that being a load of bollogs. To paraphrase Jew hating Mel Gibson in character as Sir William Wallace: "You may have the Premier League, but you will never have our fanbase"

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That one won't wash on this one I'm afraid Dougie. With a 31k capacity and just over 3k Watford fans in the South Stand that leaves just under 28k seats to fill. Even humouring your WCP comment and saying there were only 21k BHA present at the match would mean that there were almost 7k empty seats on Saturday, which is almost a quarter of the Amex capacity. Anyone who was there (I'm still presuming that you weren't btw) would attest to that being a load of bollogs. To paraphrase Jew hating Mel Gibson in character as Sir William Wallace: "You may have the Premier League, but you will never have our fanbase"

Very well put , but in the words of rhett butler from gone with the wind , "frankly , my dear botty , I don't give a damn " .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Also using a Mel Gibson quote,
" I'll put you in the Rose garden, you c*** !" :thumbsup:

That old chestnut, you could have 30-40k per week and we'd still be bigger crowds mean shlt and you know it, you're atmosphere is pants ;) even in the play off's you hardly made a sound:lolol:
The Att given for the Amex is laughable even on here posters have said they include the tickets sold when not there,
All these plastics bought season tickets in the hope of premier football, also take away the free trains and you're attendances will fall away soon enough.

That said your time will come one day although the longer you have to wait the better:thumbsup:

Bournemouth are now a bigger club than Brighton and that's a fact and they can only get 12k no matter what you say that cant be denied.:wave:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That old chestnut, you could have 30-40k per week and we'd still be bigger crowds mean shlt and you know it, you're atmosphere is pants ;) even in the play off's you hardly made a sound:lolol:
The Att given for the Amex is laughable even on here posters have said they include the tickets sold when not there,
All these plastics bought season tickets in the hope of premier football, also take away the free trains and you're attendances will fall away soon enough.

That said your time will come one day although the longer you have to wait the better:thumbsup:

Bournemouth are now a bigger club than Brighton and that's a fact and they can only get 12k no matter what you say that cant be denied.:wave:
**Your**
I'm a so called 'plastic', had a season ticket for me and my kids for 3 seasons now, and I bought it because I like to show support for my local club(still kept my Chelsea season ticket though), not because I was hoping for premier league football although obviously I am , I renewed before Brighton were safe,as for who is the bigger club, it's Palace , but as a previous poster attested, it's all about the long game, there are lots of clubs who used to be bigger than Chelsea who aren't now, with the infrastructure and base that bloom is putting in Brighton will eventually make the premier league and do well, while palace revert back to the championship and league one mediocrity that is their natural home.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

All clubs announce tickets sold rather than actual numbers through the turnstiles. I've been a season ticket holder for a long long time, but I've missed home games this season due to illness or being away for the weekend. What exactly is YOUR issue?
Everyone's definition of a big club is different.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
**Your**
I'm a so called 'plastic', had a season ticket for me and my kids for 3 seasons now, and I bought it because I like to show support for my local club(still kept my Chelsea season ticket though), not because I was hoping for premier league football although obviously I am , I renewed before Brighton were safe,as for who is the bigger club, it's Palace , but as a previous poster attested, it's all about the long game, there are lots of clubs who used to be bigger than Chelsea who aren't now, with the infrastructure and base that bloom is putting in Brighton will eventually make the premier league and do well, while palace revert back to the championship and league one mediocrity that is their natural home.

Very droll! Since Palace have never been in League One, what makes you think it is their natural home?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Very droll! Since Palace have never been in League One, what makes you think it is their natural home?
League one/third division , yours is the most transparent clutching at straws I can recall in a while.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
League one/third division , yours is the most transparent clutching at straws I can recall in a while.

OK, let me rephrase that. Since Palace last visited the 3rd tier in 1974-7 (38 years ago), and before that were last regularly below the 2nd tier in 1964 (51 years ago), what makes you think it is their natural home?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
OK, let me rephrase that. Since Palace last visited the 3rd tier in 1974-7 (38 years ago), and before that were last regularly below the 2nd tier in 1964 (51 years ago), what makes you think it is their natural home?
youre merely in exile, you'll be back there sooner rather than later.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Palace have only existed since 2010. Any previous incarnations shouldn't count. I think clubs that go into administration should lose their history as well as 10 points.

SDG

May 26, 2014
Palace have only existed since 2010. Any previous incarnations shouldn't count. I think clubs that go into administration should lose their history as well as 10 points.

So, what you're now saying is that Palace's level is as a yo-yo club? As this will now be 3 Championship seasons and 3 Premier League seasons.

Cool

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports