Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace on a slippery slope.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What has been Palace's biggest lead over us?

I want to say 16 points, but I just don't know.
The way a couple of their fans on here have banged on about how great they are compared to us you'd think it was 20 points, but it's only been 10.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I think that, on our day, we can beat anyone in the playoffs. We shouldn't fear anyone.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
:bigwave:

Not good ATM, but a win next week changes everything, but I'm not holding my breath .
Luckily Leicester are losing as well, so we're still crawling to the finishing line.

You should be worried about Murray signing a new contract last week. A few years ago he was banging them in for us, then signed a new contract, then... no goals, nothing - it went on for a few months where he was just really poor.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You should be worried about Murray signing a new contract last week. A few years ago he was banging them in for us, then signed a new contract, then... no goals, nothing - it went on for a few months where he was just really poor.

And worried about why the accounts haven't been filed. What is the nasty in the finances which hasn't been made public ???

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
They do, they take the pressure of us, we can actually afford to lose without much effect on our play off position. If they'd all won it would put far more pressure on us.

It's unlikely to be a walk in the park and has the potential to be a banana skin given Charlton's away form.

Be annoying and frustrating to lose but it wouldn't be a disaster.

Exactly. They count for an awful lot regardless of our result!

Agreed. Charlton isn't as massive as Forest, which probably explains why dropping two points there was so disappointing. The results on the weekend couldn't really have gone much better for us. Three points against Charlton would make us look very strong indeed, but even if we lose - as annoying as that would be - it wouldn't be a massive dent in our play-off ambitions as everyone around us in faltering at the moment.

Let's regroup, keep going and keep Ulloa in fine form. He's currently scored 8 in 11 games. If that isn't the 'in form' striker in the division I'd like to know who is - Vydra?. Ulloa's already got a goal more than Spanish Dave and CMS (despite the injury is 11/12th in the league top scorers list!) netting 11 in 25 appearances. Not a bad return really.. Buckley's got 6 this season, and his form is finally picking up. He might well prove decisive tonight against Charlton.

We've got goals in us and we're playing nice football. Let's hope Gus can keep the mentality steady.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And worried about why the accounts haven't been filed. What is the nasty in the finances which hasn't been made public ???

They probably need to make up a spin story to fool the gullible. Like losing £5M in the first season they took over but said it was only a £1M loss because £4M was in goodwill written off by the consortium in acquiring the club at a knock down price.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Funny isn't it, the last 5 games have seen us pick up 5 points and palace 4.....yet the mood around both 'camps' couldn't be more different. Just shows what smashing your rivals can do for confidence.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Agreed. Charlton isn't as massive as Forest, which probably explains why dropping two points there was so disappointing. The results on the weekend couldn't really have gone much better for us. Three points against Charlton would make us look very strong indeed, but even if we lose - as annoying as that would be - it wouldn't be a massive dent in our play-off ambitions as everyone around us in faltering at the moment.

Let's regroup, keep going and keep Ulloa in fine form. He's currently scored 8 in 11 games. If that isn't the 'in form' striker in the division I'd like to know who is - Vydra?. Ulloa's already got a goal more than Spanish Dave and CMS (despite the injury is 11/12th in the league top scorers list!) netting 11 in 25 appearances. Not a bad return really.. Buckley's got 6 this season, and his form is finally picking up. He might well prove decisive tonight against Charlton.

We've got goals in us and we're playing nice football. Let's hope Gus can keep the mentality steady.
This is a huge plus for us....when he's on form he can rival anything that Zaha can muster. Its a case of give it to Buckers when he's flying.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Funny isn't it, the last 5 games have seen us pick up 5 points and palace 4.....yet the mood around both 'camps' couldn't be more different. Just shows what smashing your rivals can do for confidence.

It looks like apart from cadiff, we are all doing are best to avoid promotion!! just shows what a great league this is.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
I seem to remember some scum on here laughing at us because we failed to beat Burnley when we were down to 9. They couldn't beat the ten men of Blackpool - tinpot. How we are still below them I will never know.:ffsparr:

Ill explain shall i ?your points after 39 games are less than ours meaning you have not done as well as us this season so far.
:facepalm:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It looks like apart from cadiff, we are all doing are best to avoid promotion!! just shows what a great league this is.
Even Cardiff have had some funny results. I can't decide whether these odd results are due to quality throughout the league...or a lack of it.

Strange league, strange year.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Why don't you all leave your crowing until May 4th? We are comfortably in the play-off's and please remember that even if you win your game in hand you are still, I repeat, still, behind us. Come the end of May I hope we will be playing you lot at Wembley. It will be the day to end all days. You have had your win against us. It won't happen again. History should tell you that. 5-0..1-3..3-0..etc... You have been our poor relations for years. Get used to it.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Why don't you all leave your crowing until May 4th? We are comfortably in the play-off's and please remember that even if you win your game in hand you are still, I repeat, still, behind us. Come the end of May I hope we will be playing you lot at Wembley. It will be the day to end all days. You have had your win against us. It won't happen again. History should tell you that. 5-0..1-3..3-0..etc... You have been our poor relations for years. Get used to it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
And WE'RE the ones crowing? righto :-D

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Even Cardiff have had some funny results. I can't decide whether these odd results are due to quality throughout the league...or a lack of it.

Strange league, strange year.

Very true ,
As bad as our form is at the moment,no one in this league loses for too long.
I think the standards ok better to be competitive than like the premier where it's over by march.
Anyone could go down in the bottom half and my one top 8 can go up.
Cardiff are practically there
I think hull will get 2nd
Watford Brighton palace Forest for playoffs,
Although I'm not completely writing Leicester off yet with us and you to play its still in their hands and Bolton wn there next 2 then are back in it also.
Exciting but nerve racking at the same time and a long way to go yet.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Of course it could happen, but Leicester have 2 points from their last 7 games, so it's unlikely.

I don't think we got as high as 4th in the run in, and we certainly weren't comfortable. Palace are 6 points clear of a team with a tough run in, and no form, with 6 games to go. Last season we were level on points with 7th place with 6 games to go.

Yea we did trig, after 39 games we were 4th with 63 pts.

English League Championship 2011-2012 Table - statto.com

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Truth hard to take?

uju8yjyp.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Palace on a slippery slope.Palace on a slippery slope.

And History should tell you that Brighton have beaten Palace more times than we have lost to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here