Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace on a slippery slope.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
You counting last year in that, too?

Times are a-changing, fella....you get used to it.

Well actually, yes. You finished higher than us? Whoopy-doo. Last year will only ever be remembered for your first ever league defeat at your new ground.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
And History should tell you that Brighton have beaten Palace more times than we have lost to them.

Oh come on..... Do any of us really care about stats pre 1976???

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
uju8yjyp.jpg

:D...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
They do, they take the pressure of us, we can actually afford to lose without much effect on our play off position. If they'd all won it would put far more pressure on us.

It's unlikely to be a walk in the park and has the potential to be a banana skin given Charlton's away form.

Be annoying and frustrating to lose but it wouldn't be a disaster.

This is a huge plus for us....when he's on form he can rival anything that Zaha can muster. Its a case of give it to Buckers when he's flying.

And if he doesn't smash the ball into the back of the net, he'll beat the last defender and roll the ball across to a composed Ulloa to guide in to a near empty net.

Oh I do love this Brighton side. Best football in DECADES.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Well actually, yes. You finished higher than us? Whoopy-doo. Last year will only ever be remembered for your first ever league defeat at your new ground.

I suppose you had to have something to remember - not much else really. I'd actually forgotten about it as it's quite meaningless.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Of course we care. You either highlight History, or you don't. All or nothing :lolol:

We are all nothing without history. However, when it comes to Palace v Brighton, I only recognise post 1976!....:) Oh, and I forgot to mention Jobi in the last minute so please add 2-3 to my list of our recent triumphs!!

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I suppose you had to have something to remember - not much else really. I'd actually forgotten about it as it's quite meaningless.

Oooh, I don't believe that for a minute birthofanorange!!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
And History should tell you that Brighton have beaten Palace more times than we have lost to them.

These JCL's don't remember anything from the past :wink:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We are all nothing without history. However, when it comes to Palace v Brighton, I only recognise post 1976!....:) Oh, and I forgot to mention Jobi in the last minute so please add 2-3 to my list of our recent triumphs!!

Lol lol got Ollie a new coat yet?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Oooh, I don't believe that for a minute birthofanorange!!

I just see it as a horrible defeat by you - the fact that it was our first league defeat at the Amex holds no significance to me. Unlike your recent defeat there which seems to have started a terrible run for you at a crucial stage of the season. Yes, I will remember that a lot more. :D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh come on..... Do any of us really care about stats pre 1976???

Pol Pot in Cambodia did exactly the same , he decided to expunge history and go back to Year Zero. :wink:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I just see it as a horrible defeat by you - the fact that it was our first league defeat at the Amex holds no significance to me. Unlike your recent defeat there which seems to have started a terrible run for you at a crucial stage of the season. Yes, I will remember that a lot more. :D

Hmmm. Maybe, just maybe, that terrible run for us might result in us not getting the automatic spot we hoped for but ending up meeting you in the final at Wembley? I'm sure you will remember that when we return to the usual form between the two clubs?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Pol Pot in Cambodia did exactly the same , he decided to expunge history and go back to Year Zero. :wink:

Pol bloody Pot in Cambodia? WTF has that got to do with Palace v Brighton? ??? :)

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Hmmm. Maybe, just maybe, that terrible run for us might result in us not getting the automatic spot we hoped for but ending up meeting you in the final at Wembley? I'm sure you will remember that when we return to the usual form between the two clubs?

Automatic? If the run continues a little bit longer, you'll be lucky to be in the play-offs. Anyway, I'd be very happy if we met in the final, especially as the recent defeat will be haunting you.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Anyway, I always did like Pol Pot..................

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Automatic? If the run continues a little bit longer, you'll be lucky to be in the play-offs. Anyway, I'd be very happy if we met in the final, especially as the recent defeat will be haunting you.

No, no...that came out wrong. Automatic is gone. I meant that maybe it will result in the final meeting. Although I have to admit that at the moment I would be happy just to make the bloody play-offs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here