Palace limiting their season tickets to 16k......................

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Why do people get hung up on attendances? All teams are different and have different catchment areas where they pull their supporters in from. I guess some of our 'new' supporters will have come from the areas where Charlton used to bus supporters in from etc and when Charlton left the Prem they disserted them for us and guess what I don't care if they are life long or just passing through so to speak. They pay their money and fill our stadium. Football outside the core support is very fickle.

As for Palace I hate them and hope they get relegated but they are in the Prem on merit and beat us fair and square so lets' move on and if they get 10,000 or 25,000 I don't give a toss

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Why do people get hung up on attendances? All teams are different and have different catchment areas where they pull their supporters in from. I guess some of our 'new' supporters will have come from the areas where Charlton used to bus supporters in from etc and when Charlton left the Prem they disserted them for us and guess what I don't care if they are life long or just passing through so to speak. They pay their money and fill our stadium. Football outside the core support is very fickle.

As for Palace I hate them and hope they get relegated but they are in the Prem on merit and beat us fair and square so lets' move on and if they get 10,000 or 25,000 I don't give a toss

It’s pretty unique to Brighton fans; I have never really seen other teams banging on about it...or in fact even mention it!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It’s pretty unique to Brighton fans; I have never really seen other teams banging on about it...or in fact even mention it!!
Not confined to us. A Leeds fan at work the other day proudly told me that Leeds boast the highest attendances by a country mile in the championship.

In any case I'm sure that some Brighton are merely replying to the hundreds of times palace posted on this board and stated that we'd 'never even half fill Falmer' that 'there's no point building such a big stadium, we'll never get a crowd over ten thousand again' etc etc etc. It will take quite a number of years for us to forget all that crap.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Not confined to us. A Leeds fan at work the other day proudly told me that Leeds boast the highest attendances by a country mile in the championship.

In any case I'm sure that some Brighton are merely replying to the hundreds of times palace posted on this board and stated that we'd 'never even half fill Falmer' that 'there's no point building such a big stadium, we'll never get a crowd over ten thousand again' etc etc etc. It will take quite a number of years for us to forget all that crap.

Pretty much this. The amount of palace fans saying we was building a white elephant, we would never fill Amex and we only needed a 12k stadium has created the Brighton fans rubbing it in the nigels faces. Personally I couldn't care less but I do enjoy the Major making the cretins from up the road bite.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Pretty much this. The amount of palace fans saying we was building a white elephant, we would never fill Amex and we only needed a 12k stadium has created the Brighton fans rubbing it in the nigels faces. Personally I couldn't care less but I do enjoy the Major making the cretins from up the road bite.

I dont really think of myself as a cretin, thank you!!

Major has to be a Palace fan does he not!! he seems to wind up as many Brighton fans as Palace.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I dont really think of myself as a cretin, thank you!!

Major has to be a Palace fan does he not!! he seems to wind up as many Brighton fans as Palace.

Personally I find his posts amusing and his thread after the St. Patrick's day massacre was gold!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
This story is worse than the one about the chicken who got sent off.

23,285 for Spurs - Just over 20k Palace tickets sold in the ground. Wheres yer 26,500 capacity now then ? :wanker::D

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
23,285 for Spurs - Just over 20k Palace tickets sold in the ground. Wheres yer 26,500 capacity now then ? :wanker::D

My neighbour's a palace fan. Where was he today? At the 2bit, some 5 miles away? Was he boll@cks. He was at home with friends round to watch the match on sky. Desparate desparate support

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports