Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Seeing as you are trying to pitch yourself as a wordsmith, can I offer some advice? If I were you I'd concentrate less on the pompous verbosity and more on correct usage. Split infinitives? Schoolboy error. "Sincere sour grapes'? Surely an oxymoron. The whole notion of the phrase 'sour grapes' is that of wilful denial. Definintely not sincerity. And to finish a tautology. Yes, we know what the phrase 'sour grapes' mean (well....apparently you're not completely au fait with it but you get the gist of it), there's really no need for the supplementary definition.

The advice is given freely and I hope you have also picked up that I'm displaying a large degree of self-awareness by writing this post in the same tediously long style that you've been boring us with. You think you're clever. It's all relative.
Well, there you go. As well as contenting yourself with how much cooler Brighton is than Croydon, the next time your club is painfully falling short of promotion, you can relive your grammatical prowess and all will be well.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well, there you go. As well as contenting yourself with how much cooler Brighton is than Croydon, the next time your club is painfully falling short of promotion, you can relive your grammatical prowess and all will be well.

I don't do Grammar Nazi as a rule but you're the one trying to be the Billy Big Bollocks on here with your prosaic use of English. I'm merely pointing out that you're not half as clever as you think you are. Tedious sixth-form creative writing as someone else succinctly put it.

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
The statement is flawed - to say that Palace wouldn't be where they are without admins is like saying Palace would never have been in admin if Bloye didn't do this or Noades didn't do that.

To continually dredge it up is the most sincere sour grapes designed to assuage their own feelings of failure.

Spot on.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Just repeating something doesn't make it true.

My statement was that administration allowed Palace to free themselves from debts which could not have been cleared without losing their first team squad.

If this is flawed perhaps you would like to explain how Palace could have paid the debts without administration and without weakening their team.

Perhaps you could also make your explanation without peppering it with phrases like 'fortuitous benevolence' and 'hypocritical sanctimonious contingent' which are presumably designed to make you sound more intelligent than those you are arguing with, but actually make your posts read like a clumsy sixth form attempt at creative writing.

Your statement is true. But so is mine. Palace may have been just as disadvantaged as assisted by administration over the years, and have suffered as many injustices impeding their progress as received fortunate breaks. Hence the assertion from many I've got fans that Palace are only where they are due to admins is fundamentally flawed. But for a host of other factors and events, they may have had countless more success. But they are where they are, which as it is above Brighton as usual, the source of constant whining.

As for your repeated attacks on the level of my written speech, not once have I purported to be a wordsmith or intellectual, or whatever other title the snipers attempt to bestow upon me. I throw myself upon your mercy for my shortcomings, and for my own party will reciprocate only my admiration for both the content and style of your posts.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As for your repeated attacks on the level of my written speech, not once have I purported to be a wordsmith one intellectual, one whatever other title the snipers attempt to bestow upon me. I throw myself at home mercy for my shortcomings, and for my own party will reciprocate only my admiration for both the content and style of your posts.

I bet even the other Palace trolls are reading that shite and thinking "what a c unt".

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
I don't do Grammar Nazi as a rule but you're the one trying to be the Billy Big Bollocks on here with your prosaic use of English. I'm merely pointing out that you're not half as clever as you think you are. Tedious sixth-form creative writing as someone else succinctly put it.

I'm sorry if I don't do things exactly the way you wish me to, Mr 'I'm not a Nazi'.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I bet even the other Palace trolls are reading that shite and thinking "what a c unt".

An utter, utter one.

Constant and pernicious trolling.

If I were a mod, I'd ban him forever.

Last edited:

Only an American could attempt to use the English language in such a way.

I have a feeling this one is just like the character Winthorpe from the film "Trading Places"

An utter, utter one.

Constant and pernicious trolling.

If I were a mod, I'd ban him forever.

That is exactly what he wants, there is a thread on BBS where they brag about the bans from here.

Conveniently forgetting how no Brighton fan is allowed to post on BBS unless it's in the Away End, where it is fair game to describe us as shit eating nonces, paedos etc. Oh and we play at The Mansex and suck each other off in the WSU bogs at half time, that is right isn't it VHA? It must be, your the one who champions that idea.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As for your repeated attacks on the level of my written speech, not once have I purported to be a wordsmith or intellectual, or whatever other title the snipers attempt to bestow upon me. I throw myself at home mercy for my shortcomings, and for my own party will reciprocate only my admiration for both the content and style of your posts.

:lolol:

Have you ever read The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, out of interest?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
That is exactly what he wants, there is a thread on BBS where they brag about the bans from here.

Conveniently forgetting how no Brighton fan is allowed to post on BBS unless it's in the Away End, where it is fair game to describe us as shit eating nonces, paedos etc. Oh and we play at The Mansex and suck each other off in the WSU bogs at half time, that is right isn't it VHA? It must be, your the one who champions that idea.
An odd smorgasbord of words said by a variety of people on an entirely different message board. I'm about as responsible for those as I am American.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
:lolol:

Have you ever read The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, out of interest?

It's good to see some humour on this site, or humor as Hillian likes to read it. I feel I attempt to contribute perhaps a different perspective on certain subjects - only Palace related I've now learnt - yet lamentably sensible discourse with the likes of the commendable Stato are often derailed by the likes of the two people preceding your post and their spiteful and vengeance filled agendas.

I have read the Adrian Mole early books, and have to say I enjoyed them immensely more than Hillian's somewhat drab posts.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Your statement is true. But so is mine. Palace may have been just as disadvantaged as assisted by administration over the years, and have suffered as many injustices impeding their progress as received fortunate breaks. Hence the assertion from many I've got fans that Palace are only where they are due to admins is fundamentally flawed. But for a host of other factors and events, they may have had countless more success. But they are where they are, which as it is above Brighton as usual, the source of constant whining.

As for your repeated attacks on the level of my written speech, not once have I purported to be a wordsmith or intellectual, or whatever other title the snipers attempt to bestow upon me. I throw myself at home mercy for my shortcomings, and for my own party will reciprocate only my admiration for both the content and style of your posts.

So to summarise, my statement is flawed, but its true, but its still flawed because an unconnected statement you have made is also true and another statement which I didn't make, but you claim has been made by other people is flawed.

I was wrong. Carry on with the florid periphrasis. Its disguising the logical fallacy.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013

Would you like me to ask if you can control what people say on there as well on here? I can cut and paste your words on here if you wish, so that you need not pretend to not read what's being said.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
So to summarise, my statement is flawed, but its true, but its still flawed because an unconnected statement you have made is also true and another statement which I didn't make, but you claim has been made by other people is flawed.

I was wrong. Carry on with the florid periphrasis. Its disguising the logical fallacy.
I have no issue with what you said about the nature of admin. I do not understand why you keep returning to that point when the issue I disagree with its the assertion that Palace are only where they are due to admin. It is far, far more complex than that, and admin is a mere episode in that large tapestry of events, rather than the defining moment that jealous Brighton fans are so desperate to cling to during times of failure.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's good to see some humour on this site, or humor as Hillian likes to read it. I feel I attempt to contribute perhaps a different perspective on certain subjects - only Palace related I've now learnt - yet lamentably sensible discourse with the likes of the commendable Stato are often detailed by the likes of the two people preceding your post and their spiteful and vengeance filled agendas.

I have read the Adrian Mole early books, and have to say I enjoyed them immensely more than Hillian's somewhat drab posts.

Please don't say you like me. No one will play with me at break time.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

This reminded me of Blackadder Goes Forth when Adrian Edmonson makes a long speech about the brotherhood of pilots only for Rik Mayall's Flasheart to shoot him and shout 'What a Poof!'

Thanks Buzzer, made me laugh out loud.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Please don't say you like me. No one will play with me at break time.

I didn't say I like you, more that I respect you, and defer to you as the true alpha male that you are. Hopefully this will not only protect your reputation, but give you extra kudos with anyone vicariously hiding behind your superiority. Like Hillian perhaps, who will pop up after another ten pages of debate like a hyena attempting to wrestle a testicle from my ravaged carcass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here