Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I didn't say I like you, more that I respect you, and defer to you as the true alpha male that you are. Hopefully this will not only protect your reputation, but give you extra kudos with anyone vicariously hiding behind your superiority. Like Hillian perhaps, who will pop up after another ten pages of debate like a hyena attempting to wrestle a testicle from my ravaged carcass.

Is this some kind of sick sexual fantasy you have?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Does anyone know if any shops still do the marmite chocolate bar?

I never got the chance to eat one, one of the biggest regrets of my life.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Would you like me to ask if you can control what people say on there as well on here? I can cut and paste your words on here if you wish, so that you need not pretend to not read what's being said.

Whos controlling what you say on here? They don't seem to be doing a very good job of it if they are as you seem to be saying what you want.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's good to see some humour on this site, or humor as Hillian likes to read it. I feel I attempt to contribute perhaps a different perspective on certain subjects - only Palace related I've now learnt - yet lamentably sensible discourse with the likes of the commendable Stato are often derailed by the likes of the two people preceding your post and their spiteful and vengeance filled agendas.

I have read the Adrian Mole early books, and have to say I enjoyed them immensely more than Hillian's somewhat drab posts.

He He ! The troll has spotted I have an agenda. Not perceptive enough to spot the motive of it though, so I question if the troll knows what the agenda actually is - certainly not a spiteful or vengeance filled one.

No, the agenda is simply that pernicious, and serially obnoxious trolls should be banned from this site. ( Maybe we should also take into account the anti-Brighton homophobia this one allegedly posts on the palace site ??? ).

As stated, if I were a Mod, this particular noxious troll would be banned forever

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Hello VHA. I started a thread the other day praising how your board showed foresight of trying to make the most of your catchment area and potential and comparing this to the limited ambition or foresight showed by some Brighton fans. I also thought this thread was about palace fans having banners against modern football despite being fans of a club who only had 8000 season ticket holders in the championship, doubling your gates now in the modern day "premier league", enjoying goal music, shouting back goal scorers names, making Blue Peter displays, having kiddy ultras and of course banging drums. So how did it get onto your two administrations ?

Padded seats, Glow sticks, song sheets, Jester hats, Clackers, Club song written on the back of clackers, club song Karaoke style on the big screen, Spanish Day, Magiko, Clapping Steven Gerrard because he warmed up, Joining In with You’ll Never Walk Alone, supporting two teams, voting for the EPPP, taking less than 5% (1/20) of your home gate to away games, paying 500k rent on your own stadium, losing £15m a year chasing the dream.

Brighton & Hove Albion, Keeping it real since 2010.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Padded seats, Glow sticks, song sheets, Jester hats, Clackers, Club song written on the back of clackers, club song Karaoke style on the big screen, Spanish Day, Magiko, Clapping Steven Gerrard because he warmed up, Joining In with You’ll Never Walk Alone, supporting two teams, voting for the EPPP, taking less than 5% (1/20) of your home gate to away games, paying 500k rent on your own stadium, losing £15m a year chasing the dream.

For a guy that doesn't 'follow everything at Brighton', you seem to think that you're awfully well informed :rolleyes:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Yep and to think we have done all that without having to resort to twice paying a 1p in the pound on millions of pounds debt, in this Millennium.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I nicked that to be fair Brian, but just pointing out the ridiculous hypocrisy reference. Not ones to throw stones really

Cladding
Goal music
Repeating goalscorers name
Multiple administrations
The selhurst 6 (or was it 8?)
A huge 200 fans on a protest march
Extra 10k on attendance in the prem
Drum

And you're not a hypocrite?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I'm also intrigued about the bit in bold - care to elaborate?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I'm also intrigued about the bit in bold - care to elaborate?

More to the point Crystal Palace FC don't own Selhurst Park and at present are not paying any rent which was announced by the second fiddle chairman on the BBS, the same as Brighton & Hove Albion FC does not own the Amex . So what point are you making SJ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here