[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Firstly, good to see you back. I agree with you about WCP being a total a**e but on the question of the second Palace administration, wasn't this caused the club's inability to pay back the £4.5m? Hopefully you're using different, and decent, auditors now.
Btw a good effort from Palace this season, any plausible news/timelines about upgrading Selhurst or relocating?

Thanks Alex I really appreciate your kind words. Yeah it was a hedge fund Jordan used called Agilo who got itchy feet. On the subject of ground improvements, it certainly needs a makeover even the most ardent Palace fan would have to agree to that. I think if we stay up and I'm very hopeful now, then that may well push the plans on a notch or two, the income generated by staying in the Premier League is so vast and I am hoping that when or if it is confirmed the owners may well announce something about the plans for the ground.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As an Albion fan I want Palace to lose every match, sign a bunch of duds for huge fees ( hello Mr Brolin) and to see Steve Parish's wig fall off live on TV.

Having said that this season they've stayed up on merit, just as last season they were promoted on merit, and only the most bigoted or plain stupid Albion fan can say much else. So trough gritted teeth you have to say well done.

Most of all I want to see the two clubs play each other, nothing last season came close to the emotional highs and lows of the two matches at the Amex, and if we're in the same division it's the first fixture I look for and the one I will try to move heaven and earth to attend.

The name calling from the eejits on both sides is cringeworthy, we have far more in common with Palace fans than we do with the Champions League clubs, in that the club chooses us due to our birthplace and upbringing, not because of reflected glory and a bulging trophy cabinet.

Fair play to Palace for making plenty of noise at Selhurst, Parish for getting Pulis to take over, just as they should give us credit for the Amex and the innovative ways TB has made it easy to pay to watch the club, and the way that heritage has been remembered

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thanks Alex I really appreciate your kind words. Yeah it was a hedge fund Jordan used called Agilo who got itchy feet. On the subject of ground improvements, it certainly needs a makeover even the most ardent Palace fan would have to agree to that. I think if we stay up and I'm very hopeful now, then that may well push the plans on a notch or two, the income generated by staying in the Premier League is so vast and I am hoping that when or if it is confirmed the owners may well announce something about the plans for the ground.

Personaally, I would much rather they announced they were commissioning a fifty foot high solid gold effigy of Eddie Izzard, with 24 karot diamonds for eyes, and donating any money left to the Kampula Home for Distressed Gentle Women, but i don't suppose theres not much hope of that. The Kampula ladies are quite well looked after.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Personaally, I would much rather they announced they were commissioning a fifty foot high solid gold effigy of Eddie Izzard, with 24 karot diamonds for eyes, and donating any money left to the Kampula Home for Distressed Gentle Women, but i don't suppose theres not much hope of that. The Kampula ladies are quite well looked after.

Hahaha good man

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
Well my next door neighbor is a Brighton fan, he is very depressed at the minute because he and I went for promotion at work, he thought he had it in the bag but completely fluffed his second interview ( which I studied hard and kept quiet and got!!! ). He had a crazy foreign dog that ran away after he had shit all over my back lawn. I will give him credit he moved from a shed to one of theses nice shiny flat pack homes. He has loads of kids, all seem very quiet and polite but always leave before the end of dinner, and quite a few are very found of other Dads.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well my next door neighbor is a Brighton fan, he is very depressed at the minute because he and I went for promotion at work, he thought he had it in the bag but completely fluffed his second interview ( which I studied hard and kept quiet and got!!! ). He had a crazy foreign dog that ran away after he had shit all over my back lawn. I will give him credit he moved from a shed to one of theses nice shiny flat pack homes. He has loads of kids, all seem very quiet and polite but always leave before the end of dinner, and quite a few are very found of other Dads.

You obviously haven't grasped the fact these are meant to be amusing

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I was travelling through one of the most decrepit and whore ridden shitholes of Southend today, and believe me, thers a lot of them, and what did I spy? An drunk homeless looking man on a bike with one wobbly wheel wearing a Palace vomit stained shirt Circa 1990 and my only thought? ...this neighbourhood can only go up from here.

Guardians of proper football. Kiss my arse.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was travelling through one of the most decrepit and whore ridden shitholes of Southend today, and believe me, thers a lot of them, and what did I spy? An drunk homeless looking man on a bike with one wobbly wheel wearing a Palace vomit stained shirt Circa 1990 and my only thought? ...this neighbourhood can only go up from here.

Guardians of proper football. Kiss my arse.

Yeah, that Holloway has really let himself go

Feb 14, 2010
Because the thread WAS about them campaigning against "modern football", whilst embracing it whole-heartedly.

Nail on the head. How on earth they have a banner in one hand about modern football and bang a drum with the other whilst skipping around to goal music does seem a bit odd. Dont know why they didnt just hold their hands up. There is no argument.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Nail on the head. How on earth they have a banner in one hand about modern football and bang a drum with the other whilst skipping around to goal music does seem a bit odd. Dont know why they didnt just hold their hands up. There is no argument.

Must be a small banner and a thumb based drum like a bongo or somesuch to accomplish that. A pleasing mental image nonetheless.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We are still premier league. And we beat you to get there ha ha

No shit. Really? Christ, news like that is well worth creating a username on a rival's forum just to tell us that.

Drums, a Sainsbury's in the ground, plastic cladding, net curtains in your offices and spastic ultras who give grief to rival U-18s mums and dads. You've got it all going on, sister. Uh-huh, uh-huh. That's how you rolling.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yup, complete plastic club, not a patch on the Amex matchday atmosphere.

What is it with Palace fans and the absolute NEED to be acknowledged? I just go to the game, cheer on my team and couldn't care less if the opposition fans and commentators thought we were noisy or not. I'm sure a psychologist can have a field day analysing this huge insecurity the Palace fans have.

"Ra-ra! We're the most passionate....noisiest....best fans in the country...the world....ever.....listen to us roar....listen to us....please....please say we're the noisiest....it matters...it really does...please say we're the best....pleeeeeeeaaaaasssseeeee!"

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
We are still premier league. And we beat you to get there ha ha

What premier league team were you supporting before Palace got promoted?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports