Palace 'Holmesdale Fanatics' protest against Sky Sports

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would make little sense replacing the wooden seats with the top of the range super comfort padded prawn sandwich versions if the stands are to be rebuilt in the near future.

Not all of us are obsessed with pies, seats and attendance figures, however as much as you don't like it you will probably end up with a "shiny new stadium"one day. all of a sudden the piss taking will stop and seats made of prawn sandwiches or what ever will be acceptable, in the same fashion that this months pay cheque from Sky Sports will be cashed in an instant to ensure Zaha's £1000 an hour wages are paid.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
So the whole point of the cladding was to cover up the rusting metal stands before CPFC2010 have to shell out on some breeze blocks from B&Q ???

The cladding is a temporary fix to clean up the main stand, it didn't cost a lot. The main stand will be the last stand to be replaced, So there is some value in spending £200k to make it look better in the short term.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
"Oi Dave - you coming on the Sky Sports protest march tonight?"

"Yeah course I am bruv. F**king brilliant we've signed Wilf back for tens of thousands of pound a week ain't it?"

"Too right mate - now where did my mum put my black balaclava?"

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Not all of us are obsessed with pies, seats and attendance figures, however as much as you don't like it you will probably end up with a "shiny new stadium"one day. all of a sudden the piss taking will stop and seats made of prawn sandwiches or what ever will be acceptable, in the same fashion that this months pay cheque from Sky Sports will be cashed in an instant to ensure Zaha's £1000 an hour wages are paid.

Zaha is on around £210 an hour. £35k a week.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Zaha is on around £210 an hour. £35k a week.
Wow - you get paid 24 hours a day? Can I have a job at your place please? If I was on £35k a week, I would be on £1000 an hour but £210 an hour 24/7 sounds better to me! :clap:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Wow - you get paid 24 hours a day? Can I have a job at your place please? If I was on £35k a week, I would be on £1000 an hour but £210 an hour 24/7 sounds better to me! :clap:

:lolol: Point taken. The papers always work it out that way!! They also get paid for doing nothing in May and June. I wonder what footballers contracts actually says regarding hours.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Last I checked any salaried member of staff is paid for work progressed 24/7. If I worked until 9pm one day I don't get paid any more or any less for doing so.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I agree with the sentiment of the demonstration, or whatever it was, and I am glad that some Palace fans are able to see the bigger picture, as opposed to coming on NSC and bragging about how it is awash with Sky’s filthy lucre.

The behaviour of Tyrone Mings, yesterday, shows that Sky has turned footballers into mercenary brats.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
It could have been a great protest.

Wait until SKY flashed over to Palace for latest update and they unfurl the banner. Or all produce signs. Or anything similar.

This however is a complete embarrassment.

What a bunch of twats.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Just a point of order here please, There are no wooden seats left in the ground. Please cross this terrible slant off the Albion anti Palace checklist. Thanks.

Edit

Yes I read that these have been changed, with a lot of fans moaning that the leg room is now ridiculously cramped, is that right?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It could have been a great protest.

Wait until SKY flashed over to Palace for latest update and they unfurl the banner. Or all produce signs. Or anything similar.

This however is a complete embarrassment.

What a bunch of twats.

They missed a trick by not bringing a red and blue dildo to wave about but Neil Warnock had a prior engagement.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just a point of order here please, There are no wooden seats left in the ground. Please cross this terrible slant off the Albion anti Palace checklist. Thanks.

Edit

Yes I read that these have been changed, with a lot of fans moaning that the leg room is now ridiculously cramped, is that right?

EasyJet and Ryanair are squabbling over the main stand naming rights as we speak :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports