Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace haven't even taken their full allocation at the Amex

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We all know why a bunch of Palace fans sink about Dunky. He plays the pantomime villain role in the same way as Wilf does for us. Only Lewis and those present in the room know what happened, but Palace fans believe that there may have been more going on than has been proved. Is it any different to the abuse Wilf gets?

The thing with Cantona was that it had nothing to do with you lot. Those present when Paul Nixon was killed know that the Cantona incident created the hatred between the two sets of fans that led to him being killed. The atmosphere inside the ground that day was toxic, so its no surprise things were worse outside.
I don't know why your lot sing about Dunk being a rapist. My best guess is it is due to this:

I'm not sure regularly accusing someone of rape counts as pantomime, but well, it's horses for courses with you lot isn't it?

In terms of the Cantona incident it's been explained to you time and again that no one is celebrating the death of the Palace fan, they're celebrating one of the most iconic moments in 90's football being a player kung fu kicking a racist nobhead in the crowd. That the racist nobhead was palace makes it f***ing hilarious. The only people that make any connection between that and the guy dying is your lot. For everyone else in the football world any mention of Cantona and Palace is taking the piss out of you. Nothing more.

And, if you feel so strongly about the Cantona incident, presumably you are anti other palace fans? Seeing as it was the racist palace fan that caused the incident in the first place?

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
OK, OK, I have read the report which exonerates all involved. I personally dont sing anti Dunk songs, because I have been falsely accused of all sorts by my ex, but we do have a collection of fans who will believe what they want, in the same way as all clubs have, and sing songs that are inappropriate.
I personally think that Cantona was foolish to jump in the crowd, but equally the fan who abused him was a tool. I dont remember exactly, but I have a recollection of him not actually being a Palace fan, but that doesnt excuse him. I do believe that the incident contributed in some way to the semi final death, but I accept I am not going to win that argument here, so I will shut up.
If I have offended any falsely accused rapist, or any victim of any abuse, then I will apologise unreservedly.
Not a p*ss take, genuine post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here