Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Fans Roughed Up In Brighton

It is not "perfectly understandable" at all, Why should some even feel threatened because they are wearing a football shirt in another town, its pathetic.

I am one of the 40 something with teenage kids ( not bald though :cool:) Edna speaks of and was around in the 80's and understand the rivalry, but that its just that rivalry good bit of mouthy banter and chanting, but i wish no harm to any other football fan.
I just get the human emotion that would want to inflict harm on another human,( ok Belotti and Archer are special cases), but because some else supports another team , WTF . People who feel this need, need something else in there lives.

Err yes it is perfectly understandable, we don't live in a pacifist utopia I'm afraid. I'm not condoning violence, but if you wear a rivals shirt in rather rough (West St) opposition territory you may get a slap.
It is the world that we live in I'm afraid.
Would you dress up in green and white hoops and stand outside the home end at Ibrox when a match is on?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
They "deserve" it not for being palace (well, maybe), but for being STUPID. If you were black, you wouldn't go to a Klu Klux Klan meeting and mince around would you? Racism is clearly wrong but it would still be a STUPID thing to do.

I am not saying it's right that these twats got a slap but it is perfectly understandable and if they are surprised then they are clearly very thick. Well they are palace.

Oohh you're such a naughty HOOLIE

Jan 30, 2008
What crap.

Lush and I stood outside Selhurst Park for a Palace-Reading game one sunny afternoon a few years ago now, both wearing Albion shirts and persuading Palace fans sign our Falmer petitions. Hundreds did. A few laughed at us. A couple of low-intelligence models shook their heads. But nobody either kicked or threatened to kick the shit out of us.

There's a few people on here who still think it's 1980, evidently, who give it the big'un every time someone mentions rival fans, and who probably get a semi the second there's a hint of some top boys or nawty-ness about. I'm willing to bet most of you are balding, forty-somethings with teenage kids these days, whom I'd also wager find your behaviour in relation to football about as embarrassing as watching their old man dance at at wedding.
wind your neck in

Jan 30, 2008
Maybe at the age of 50 you may consider its time to grop up. Throw away the Nazi memorabilia, throw away the SS uniform magazine wanking material and get out there and see people. Hell you may even like them, even people from Croydon.
you're hillarious,and by all accounts a proper Timothy :bigwave:

JuicySeagull

Feb 6, 2008
Derby
I think it is a shame that a 16 year old got beaten up by some 30 year olds. However, their parents should have warned them about implications of wearing a palace shirt in Brighton!
Reading what the Palarse fans have written back infuriates me, saying thats what they expext from us 'weeds'! If it was the other way around it would be great acheivement! They would be shouting from the rooftops about what they did.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If you're going to wear a Palace shirt in Brighton you deserve a f***ing good slap in my book. Palace *****.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Times have changed. In the Sixties, any London badge would not be allowed in the schools I went to. Chelsea was the most unpopular.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
A unit of stupidity. One Timothy is enough to provide one NSCer in one central Brighton location one stupid post per thread.

10 Timothys equates to 1 NMH.

Not to be confused with a Gubber.

Timothy x immense gullibility x flouncebackabilty = 1 Gubber

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here