Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Fans Roughed Up In Brighton

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Did anyone witness this?

I see a lot of blokes (and a few women) wearing Palace shirts in Brighton. I'm not saying that they should not openly declare their allegiance in the city of their principal rivals, but you do wonder if people who do so wish to provoke the small minority of Albion fans who don't need much provocation. I for one wouldn't wear a Brighton shirt in Croydon and expect to avoid the occasional unsavoury rejoinder.

How far does rivalry go these days? - Crystal Palace FC Supporters' Website - The Holmesdale Online

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
to be honest ive never had any grief in croydon which i visit quite regular for work wearing my black fleecy skint jumper,i would imagine the stripes may raise a few more eyebrows

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I'm not saying it's right but it's asking for trouble isn't it!! And they're all spouting on as if the same thing wouldn't happen in Croydon.

I've seen palace fans down brighton marina with 'We 8 Brighton' on the back!! To make things worse they had a toddler with them. Moronic behaviour on both sides...

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Tbh i think its Bullshit

11:30 in Brighton on Friday, someone would have seen it.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
My boys and I wear the stripes around Croydon but only when I am with them. Like the turd breath on 'Holmesdale' states I am a bit bigger than most so would not get picked on.

:albion2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sad to say, it is still possible to buy car stickers in Brighton with cartoon Palace Fan pissing on Albion shirt. Or was, last time I was on the Palace Pier.

Jan 30, 2008
just a load of spin from a KID, i cant believe 6 thirty somethings would steam into a 16 year old,any self respecting football geezer wouldn't lay into a shirter, THE WAY I SEE IT THOUGH IS THAT IF YOU WANT TO WEAR A PALACE TOP IN BRIGHTON EXPECT SOME GRIEF ,the same would go for Albion shirts in the croydon area

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
just a load of spin from a KID, i cant believe 6 thirty somethings would steam into a 16 year old,any self respecting football geezer wouldn't lay into a shirter, THE WAY I SEE IT THOUGH IS THAT IF YOU WANT TO WEAR A PALACE TOP IN BRIGHTON EXPECT SOME GRIEF ,the same would go for Albion shirts in the croydon area

Its common sense at the end of the day

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
hope they got a good kicking.

i spoke to someone who had a run in with a bunch of muothy cnuts outised station, but no punches landed...........sounds like poor david got a kicking after mouthing off and is now having a boo up.

WANKER.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Can't see on there where it says he was wearing a Palarse shirt, just that they were talking about the Sheffield Utd game.

Unless i'm just being quite blind.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I for one wouldn't wear a Brighton shirt in Croydon and expect to avoid the occasional unsavoury rejoinder.

How far does rivalry go these days? - Crystal Palace FC Supporters' Website - The Holmesdale Online

I wear an old brighton training top to play footbal in a busy Croydon park and never get anything more than banter.

I would have thought a Palace fan in Brighton would be more of a target?[/QUOTE]

Let me know when you want to war the stripes fella and I will keep you safe!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here