Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans fury

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
This isn't the first time palace have played man utd at selhurst, since those incidents, is it ?

No but in 2005 for the ten year anniversary they wanted to bring the masks in and were told strongly by Jordan that all fans would be searched and if anyone was caught with them they'd be refused entry and banned from ever attending Selhurst Park again. As its the first time since then that they've been back the ********s are wanting to do it this time despite being told very plainly why it was a disgusting thing for them to do back in 2005. The person who tried to create it last time is the same ******** that's spearheading them doing it this time.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To me that reads as a definite line to goad Palace fans. Yes I'm seeing it as pointscoring. I suspect any other Palace fan reading this thread will take it the same way.

No one's forcing you lot to read the thread.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
You're quite right, no one had forced us to read the thread. That said there's banter and then there's being disrespectful over someone's death and I felt the way Edna had posted was the latter and felt it was right to post regarding it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If anyone was caught with them they'd be refused entry and banned from ever attending Selhurst Park again.

And just what a terrible punishment that would be...

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
And just what a terrible punishment that would be...

Well if you continue to play how you have recently and we continue to play how we have recently it might apply to you for quite a while.

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
You're quite right, no one had forced us to read the thread. That said there's banter and then there's being disrespectful over someone's death and I felt the way Edna had posted was the latter and felt it was right to post regarding it.

So if I was to point out that two seasons running in the 70's palarse goons stuck their heads out of the train and came a little unstuck on Clayton Tunell. Would you blame the Albion for hoasting a game,British Rail for having door windows that opened,the tunnel for being made of very hard brick or the palarse goons for not having the brains (they certainly did not have any after the event) to stick their heads in the way of danger.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
So if I was to point out that two seasons running in the 70's palarse goons stuck their heads out of the train and came a little unstuck on Clayton Tunell. Would you blame the Albion for hoasting a game,British Rail for having door windows that opened,the tunnel for being made of very hard brick or the palarse goons for not having the brains (they certainly did not have any after the event) to stick their heads in the way of danger.

I didn't know about these deaths but if they indeed exist then I think it shows you as a complete and utter moron using them as a means of abuse, I suspect that the vast majority of the other people reading this thread would see you as a fairly disgusting individual as well.

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
I didn't know about these deaths but if they indeed exist then I think it shows you as a complete and utter moron using them as a means of abuse, I suspect that the vast majority of the other people reading this thread would see you as a fairly disgusting individual as well.

It is a view,but perhaps you could look at this as an example of "fault or consequence"as a small example of the point I was making is that I can trace my immediate employment status back to the" treaty of versailles"
Were it not for WW1 we could suggest that WW2 would not have happened,the Treaty of Rome would not have founded the European union,the "Free movement of Goods" would never have led to the shutdown of Duracell in Crawley and I would still be employed there.

Should I blame the Serbs,the Croats,Archbishop Ferdinand or perhaps his Grrandfather?

MCW

Jan 5, 2012

I AM A DISGUSTING INDIVIDUAL?

bit rich from paslarse scum

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What provoked his jump into the crowd was getting frustrated all game and then getting a red. Simmonds was just someone to focus that frustration on. Cantona won't have been able to hear a word that Simmonds was saying when blended in with what everyone else was shouting. The fact that Simmonds (a Fulham fan btw) went to the front and was making hand gestures at him will have been why he did it.
Thought the reason that Eric took a drop kick at him was because Simmons (Fulham fan ) was shouting abuse about Eric's mother...whatever the cause Eric shouldn't have done it,although I don't think that many men would not take offence at that sort of abuse.
Last time I went to Palace we were pelted with coins,my mate got a cut eye and I almost got my ticket money back.
The resulting death was being a victim of football thuggery,which all teams unfortunately have amongst their ranks.
For the record,for the first time.... I'm one of the few that want Palace to win.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Thought the reason that Eric took a drop kick at him was because Simmons (Fulham fan ) was shouting abuse about Eric's mother...whatever the cause Eric shouldn't have done it,although I don't think that many men would not take offence at that sort of abuse.
Last time I went to Palace we were pelted with coins,my mate got a cut eye and I almost got my ticket money back.
The resulting death was being a victim of football thuggery,which all teams unfortunately have amongst their ranks.
For the record,for the first time.... I'm one of the few that want Palace to win.

There's been several versions of what Simmons is supposed to have said. Several people who were much closer to Simmons than Cantona was have claimed he said different things. If they can't agree to what he said then how can Cantona have known what he said?

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25

He 'allegedly' shouted abuse about his nationality but that's besides the point, many players receive abuse at the hands of idiotic fans but they don't normally get assaulted for it do they?

Last time i went to Brighton (our 1-3 win) I got pelted with stones at the station on the way to Lewes and attacked by a group of thugs so i guess it's all swings and roundabouts eh?

I'm telling you, if this course of events had happened to you lot, you would surely understand how the Cantona mask stunt would cause serious animosity amongst us.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You have a point...but as it was shouted at Eric in his direction then it's possible Eric did hear it and the fans around Simmons were shouting as well and couldn't hear the abuse from Simmons...just a possibility...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
He 'allegedly' shouted abuse about his nationality but that's besides the point, many players receive abuse at the hands of idiotic fans but they don't normally get assaulted for it do they?

Last time i went to Brighton (our 1-3 win) I got pelted with stones at the station on the way to Lewes and attacked by a group of thugs so i guess it's all swings and roundabouts eh?

I'm telling you, if this course of events had happened to you lot, you would surely understand how the Cantona mask stunt would cause serious animosity amongst us.
I read that it was remarks about his mother and that is what was reported on the news....I wasn't there, so can only go on reports...you say it was about his nationality...which of course is racism.
As stated earlier....I did say all teams fans have their minority of thugs in their own ranks.
Don't really see the connection between the Cantona incident and the terrible death of a fan...again it was down to football thuggery.
Wearing masks is no worse than some of the banners I've seen...it is you that makes connections.
And I still rather Palace won.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
No but in 2005 for the ten year anniversary they wanted to bring the masks in and were told strongly by Jordan that all fans would be searched and if anyone was caught with them they'd be refused entry and banned from ever attending Selhurst Park again. As its the first time since then that they've been back the ********s are wanting to do it this time despite being told very plainly why it was a disgusting thing for them to do back in 2005. The person who tried to create it last time is the same ******** that's spearheading them doing it this time.
What happened that day ?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
This might be controversial but, I reckon that tear up in Walsall would of happened regardless of the cantona incident, that coach didn't turn up especially because of what happened, it just kicked off, as it would of done anyway. RIP the fella who died, but I really don't think it was caused by the cantona issue, it was football violence , an unfortunate casualty of two groups of rival fans fighting ahead of a big match.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012

The irony!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here