[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
:moo::moo::moo:

The guy would walk into your starting XI with his protective boot on.

Actually, he would not as he is not a player that would fit our style as he lacks intelligence running off the ball into space and tracking back, as stated by a top commentator. Not knocking him as he suits your style, but not a Brighton player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I agree with most of what you're saying, but I'd put both Eze & Lamptey in the category of players that could comfortably move up a level.

to be honest, I think both have had good starts, but no guarantee either will come back as good, after two worrying injuries.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I had a look at Eze's goal contributions the other day, because i really haven't seen much of him and wanted to educate myself.
He is undoubtedly an exciting prospect, but what struck me most was the level of lucky breaks in goal contributions last season.

The first 7 goal contributions in this highlights package, include 1 lucky rebound, 1 mishit shot assist, 1 fantastic freekick, 1 corner ( the header is superb, not the corner), 1 massive deflection, 1 rebound from a defender,1 goal keeping howler.

He has potential definitely, but he has had a big chunk of luck in regards to goal contributions last season.

If you dont buy a ticket you wont win the lottery !

Shot on target with defenders diving in front of you and you will get lucky deflections...its the shooting on target thats the hard part.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
All of Trossard's goal contributions for last season.

arguably one slight piece of luck with the corner that Dunk's header slightly deflecting off a defender, but not in the same league as Eze's highlights.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If you dont buy a ticket you wont win the lottery !

Shot on target with defenders diving in front of you and you will get lucky deflections...its the shooting on target thats the hard part.

In theory.
only in theory.

trust us, we know.

Edit: Trossard 23 shots on target last season - deflected goals: 0

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You missed off Andersen here, a full international and has played CL football for Lyon.

It is the area where we are strongest, so he doesn't make our squad.
Not a dig at you. 4 of our centre-backs were in with a decent chance of being our player of the season.
He's a decent player, but our third best centre-back has more experience, so it isn't a player we would need in our squad.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
It is the area where we are strongest, so he doesn't make our squad.
Not a dig at you. 4 of our centre-backs were in with a decent chance of being our player of the season.
He's a decent player, but our third best centre-back has more experience, so it isn't a player we would need in our squad.

Good grief :facepalm:

Let me guess, Dan Burn is better in your opinion?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Good grief :facepalm:

Let me guess, Dan Burn is better in your opinion?

You think Andersen wants to be third choice cover?

I had to check, but most importantly Andersen is right footed, so he would be 4th choice CB for us.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
A genuine question, why do we allow idiots on this board from other teams. I'm all for free speech, but this guy is just a wind up merchant with his "my Dad's bigger than your Dad" style comments - get rid...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's better than Dunk and Webster so no.

genuine question, are you on the spectrum?

My son is and he used to get his kicks from trolling just to get a reaction.
Really stupid comments just to provoke a response.
He grew out of it eventually ( thank god!)

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
genuine question, are you on the spectrum?

My son is and he used to get his kicks from trolling just to get a reaction.
Really stupid comments just to provoke a response.
He grew out of it eventually ( thank god!)

I'm not trying to wind anyone up. I believe Andersen, who has played CL and international football and was brilliant last season for Fulham, is better than both Dunk and Webster.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
He's better than Dunk and Webster so no.

For a second or two I thought of posting some clips of Andersen ball-watching, missing headers and being out-run and out-thought in Fulham games against the colossal talents of Burnley and Southampton last season, but what would be the point in wasting my time? I'm sure you could find some instances of errors by Dunk and Webster to match them. All defenders mess up at times, it goes with the job. We see all the good things Dunk does, you naturally only look for the bad.

So let's be reasonable and honest here. Andersen is a good player, no doubt, possibly as good as Webster. But as good as Dunk? Sorry, not a chance.

albionite

May 20, 2009
A genuine question, why do we allow idiots on this board from other teams. I'm all for free speech, but this guy is just a wind up merchant with his "my Dad's bigger than your Dad" style comments - get rid...

He creates traffic, so mods allow him to be a tedious bore.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm not trying to wind anyone up. I believe Andersen, who has played CL and international football and was brilliant last season for Fulham, is better than both Dunk and Webster.

Seriously? Lyon sold him after one season. Fair enough Andersen is a decent defender and I think he's a good signing for you considering you conceded 66 goals last season. We conceded the level fewest goals in the bottom half and fewer than Leicester in fifth and West Ham in sixth. To say a defender from a relegated team is better than two of our main three centre backs does sound like a wind up to me

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

To Be honest, think we need to leave him alone, think he may have some issues, let post his stuff and let's just ignore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports