Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think Brighton will beat the beleaguered Ten Hag's United on Sunday. The motivation should be staying above Palace and the other teams for the important prize money. Man U will have eyes on the Cup final and will probably rest players.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
The Palace fan I work with is very much concerned that they will lose players this summer. Palace've been unfortunately good the last few months (should have got rid of Roy earlier); if they can keep the squad and strengthen a bit then they're going to do well next year.

This is the first summer for ages I've not been worried about selling players. Hopefully I won't be proved wrong about that.
We've been excellent since Glasner came in, and I've really enjoyed our recent run. It's some of the best football I've ever seen Palace play, and I sincerely hope we get a full season of 'Glasnerball' next year with the squad he wants.

I think we'll almost certainly lose Guehi (if he isn't gone already!) as he won't sign a new contract and we need to maximize the profit we'll make on him. This isn't much of an issue as he has been injured the entire game Glasner has been here. We've had a very poor record of player sales since promotion with the notable exception of Wan-Bissaka, so it's about time that we move a couple of players on for large fees to demonstrate that our new transfer model is working.

Olise is easily good enough to play Champions League football next season, and if a team of the calibre of City/Liverpool/PSG come in, I'd imagine he'll be off. I don't think we have to worry about the likes of Villa or Newcastle. Olise is well advised, and he'll want to be playing at the very top of the game in the near future. If he takes another stepping stone move to a club between 3rd - 7th, it'll likely delay that by another couple of years. I can't imagine Newcastle forking out his £60m release clause fee and then letting him leave after a single season, unless he can negotiate another cut-price release clause.

Eze might fancy a crack at European football, but he's not on Olise's level and I think most clubs will know that. Eze might find himself in a Zaha situation, whereby he's worth more to us than he would be to another club. The teams that would be interested in him (Spurs? Villa?) probably won't want to pay the sort of sums that we'd demand. He's a delightful player to watch, but he's not always effective in the biggest games and is a bit of a flat-track bully. He'll be in the £60m+ ballpark as well, but I think his contributions will be much easier to replace than Olise's.

If we lose players then so be it. For the first time in a while, I've got total faith in our manager. We're in a strong position to negotiate with all of our players except Olise, and we've cemented ourselves as probably the best team to join if you're a young player excelling in the Championship. Eze, Olise, Wharton, Guehi etc. have all joined in recent years and raised their profiles massively. They're all worth several times what we paid for them. If we sell one or two for a big fee, I'm sure there'll be a queue of players lining up to replace them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We've been excellent since Glasner came in, and I've really enjoyed our recent run. It's some of the best football I've ever seen Palace play, and I sincerely hope we get a full season of 'Glasnerball' next year with the squad he wants.

I think we'll almost certainly lose Guehi (if he isn't gone already!) as he won't sign a new contract and we need to maximize the profit we'll make on him. This isn't much of an issue as he has been injured the entire game Glasner has been here. We've had a very poor record of player sales since promotion with the notable exception of Wan-Bissaka, so it's about time that we move a couple of players on for large fees to demonstrate that our new transfer model is working.

Olise is easily good enough to play Champions League football next season, and if a team of the calibre of City/Liverpool/PSG come in, I'd imagine he'll be off. I don't think we have to worry about the likes of Villa or Newcastle. Olise is well advised, and he'll want to be playing at the very top of the game in the near future. If he takes another stepping stone move to a club between 3rd - 7th, it'll likely delay that by another couple of years. I can't imagine Newcastle forking out his £60m release clause fee and then letting him leave after a single season, unless he can negotiate another cut-price release clause.

Eze might fancy a crack at European football, but he's not on Olise's level and I think most clubs will know that. Eze might find himself in a Zaha situation, whereby he's worth more to us than he would be to another club. The teams that would be interested in him (Spurs? Villa?) probably won't want to pay the sort of sums that we'd demand. He's a delightful player to watch, but he's not always effective in the biggest games and is a bit of a flat-track bully. He'll be in the £60m+ ballpark as well, but I think his contributions will be much easier to replace than Olise's.

If we lose players then so be it. For the first time in a while, I've got total faith in our manager. We're in a strong position to negotiate with all of our players except Olise, and we've cemented ourselves as probably the best team to join if you're a young player excelling in the Championship. Eze, Olise, Wharton, Guehi etc. have all joined in recent years and raised their profiles massively. They're all worth several times what we paid for them. If we sell one or two for a big fee, I'm sure there'll be a queue of players lining up to replace them.
Jesus!

I don't disagree with any of that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Villa squad have seemingly been on the piss most of the week 🙄

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Careful you will have the overseas section of chelski football “ fans” accusing the club of only being a selling club and adopting a modern slavery stance with players they think you should sell to chelski for a peppercorn fee.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well, NSC’s in-house football experts told us in Dec/Jan …. never buy in January, there’s no value in the market :wanker: .

Munoz £6.8m
Wharton £18m

Like us, RB and CM was their achilles heel. Almost overnight they solved it, also due to retiring the dinosaur tactics of Roy.
What about the 26 game head start RDZ had 😂😂😂 can’t use that as an excuse , especially based on Wharton debut vs us

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Dezerbi has screwed us royally finishing below the palarse, a bloody disgrace considering how far ahead we were of them.glad he's leaving.
Would you swap our season for theirs?

Would you take getting thumped 4-1 by them, them spending a week top of the league and them playing a season in Europe - the first and only in both clubs history - including trips to Marseilles, Amstersam, Athens and Rome with wins against all four opposition just to win a few dead rubbers at the end of the season and finish one point above them?

It's a tough one for me...:rolleyes:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Dezerbi has screwed us royally finishing below the palarse, a bloody disgrace considering how far ahead we were of them.glad he's leaving.
Yeah, the way he injured all those players was unforgiveable. :facepalm:

I honestly couldn't give two shites about finishing below Palace - sorry, 'the palarse' (how hilarious) - in the table. The pantomime at all starts again in August with endless drivel towards each other from both sets of fans. It's all a bit tedious - IMO, like.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
It's been a good long while since that lot could feel smug about anything but fair play they managed to polish the turd to extreme proportions and finish the season in excellent form albeit they were up against some teams bang out of form at the right times. Glasner proving an update on tired old Roy but lets face it anything would be an update on Roy. Their good form coincided with our equally disastrous run of form of extreme proportions under a manager who seemingly checked out months ago and wants to be elsewhere, as we sunk lower from playing in the big boys playground Palace clawed their way out of the sewer to finally give them something to shout at us by pipping us to a 10th place finish on the last day. Ultimately neither of us won f*** all and bragging rights on the field were most definitely ours after crushing them 4-1 at the Amex, plus we had a lovely few months in Europe.

The summer will be an interesting time for both clubs, can Palace hang on to the 3 or 4 pivotal talented players they have or will they want away to bigger, better and more money? Can they hang on to Glasner??!! Can the Albion continue to progress and find another manager and team capable of delivering the progression Bloom demands? Can the Albion keep up their amazing work in the transfer market and youth development. Overall both teams have finished where they deserve to be and it just makes the rivalry better and adds another layer of spice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here