Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Think the Bayern interest has come a bit too late but never say never. Compensation will be a turn off for Bayern but I’ve never understood the logic that a player can be signed for £30m and waste away on the bench yet a manager is deemed expensive if the compensation is over £10m. The Potter move changed that logic a bit, but if Glasner is as good as he appears, and as good as Bayern rate him, then anything around £30m would be good business. Especially if they’re signing a coach, man manager and rebranding a club philosophy all at the same time.
I see what you'e talking about.
I think for now Glasner will want to test himself in the Prem and see what he can do.
Similar to De Zerbi, he's a manager on the rise and knowing a good performance in the Prem can be a springboard to much bigger things.
Jumping too soon (a la Potter) is often a m,stake.

I think it will be interesting if Olise goes (surely he must?) and Beaky doesn't back the new manager.
He has form for walking away if his ambitions aren't met by the club.

Having said that I can see exactly the same thing happening with De Zerbi.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
This season we got decimated by injuries. Three or four other clubs suffered as badly as we did, Palace weren't one of them.

Really !!

Apart from Olise, Eze, Lerma, Doucoure, Guehi, Johnson all being out for large parts of the season, not including a few players we hoped would push on this season like Franca and Rak-sakyi as well as the usual injuries.

Maybe not as many as Brighton but the whole spine of the team.

Olise has only played 18 Eze only 26, Doucoure only 11 games.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This season we got decimated by injuries. Three or four other clubs suffered as badly as we did, Palace weren't one of them.

Really !!

Apart from Olise, Eze, Lerma, Doucoure, Guehi, Johnson all being out for large parts of the season, not including a few players we hoped would push on this season like Franca and Rak-sakyi as well as the usual injuries.

which is why we are pretty similar and will always be on this stage, our form at the start of the season with a pretty full squad was similar to yours when your injured players returned. We both have to accept that due to our sizes and financial restrictions/ ethos we are limited squad wise and vulnerable to injuries, but we know and accept this.
You have a good manger there (he said through gritted teeth)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Yeah not too dissimilar to us, I'd wager ours have hurt us more though.

Mitoma - 19 games
Hinshelwood - 12 games (himself initially in kinda as cover for...)
Solly March - 7 games
Enciso - 10 games
Estupinan - 19 games

I'd be interested generally to see if any research is done into the amount of injuries this season. So many teams with so many long-term absences.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Really !!

March - 7 games played
Enciso - 10 games played
Mitoma - 19 games played
Estupinan - 19 games played

4 of our best attacking players - guaranteed starters when fit each out for half a season +

Take out Mateta -Olise - Eze - Ayew out for the same amount of games and lets compare performances??

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Mitoma - 19 games
Solly March - 7 games
Enciso - 10 games
Estupinan - 19 games

I'd be interested generally to see if any research is done into the amount of injuries this season. So many teams with so many long-term absences.
you forgot Pedro

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Mitoma - 19 games
Solly March - 7 games
Enciso - 10 games
Estupinan - 19 games

Stopping every 10 minutes waiting to find a toenail over a line so they can disallow goals can’t help ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
we miss him immensely when he is not playing, future world cup winner nailed on.
Absolutely yeah.

I wonder if we'd have missed him as much if Ferguson hadn't forgotten how to score or if we'd have had one of Mitoma or March available.

Oh, what could have been

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Really !!

We’ve been able to play what are probably our 3 best players in Mitoma, March and Enciso together for just 67 mins this season. That was Wolves away second game of the season. Thats been a huge loss for us. That’s before you add in Pervis (who’s absence has seriously effected Miriam’s games as well), Joao Pedro, Adingra, Ferguson, Hinshelwood and other injuries too.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Anyway @loz we're nervous about your run-in and hope we can get a point or three from the next couple of games, otherwise we'll never here the end of it, until we beat you next season.

Still think it's been a good season for us considering Europe and our injuries, but our fans are sensitive to our run-in, we've not been anywhere near where we should be, football eh!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Stronger clubs coming up this year, will test the Premier perennial relegations candidates next season, can see Everton struggling again, as will Forest. Of those coming up, hopefully not Leeds, I can see Ipswich in the mix also. A lot will depend on the dreaded transfer window, where clubs like Brighton, Palace etc, look to strengthen, knowing the buzzards are circling!

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Stronger clubs coming up this year, will test the Premier perennial relegations candidates next season, can see Everton struggling again, as will Forest. Of those coming up, hopefully not Leeds, I can see Ipswich in the mix also. A lot will depend on the dreaded transfer window, where clubs like Brighton, Palace etc, look to strengthen, knowing the buzzards are circling!
Brentford too assuming they part with Toney and perhaps also Mbeumo? Reguilon also returning to Spurs. Could lose Frank too given all the media speculation regarding his future.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
For the first time in a long while, it isn't one of our stars that are top of the transfer rumours list.

If we can keep Mitoma/Pedro/Enciso/Adingra we will be in a strong position to push on.

I think Olise is likely to be constantly linked with a big move. and would have as big an impact on them as losing Caicedo has had on us.
Is there any truth in the £60m release clause?

Seems like a massive f*** up, if true.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For the first time in a long while, it isn't one of our stars that are top of the transfer rumours list.

If we can keep Mitoma/Pedro/Enciso/Adingra we will be in a strong position to push on.

I think Olise is likely to be constantly linked with a big move. and would have as big an impact on them as losing Caicedo has had on us.
Is there any truth in the £60m release clause?

Seems like a massive f*** up, if true.
There was a release clause last year, but he chose to stay. I'd be surprised if there isn't one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here