Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I haven’t gone away 😏
Knew you wouldn't be able to resist. Still, credit where credit's due, you did a job on them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You'll have another £100m for the ring-fenced new stand plan when City get hold of Olise and Eze

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ollyball? The one where you have 30% possession and give up 20+ shots but occasionally fluke a win?

Sounds a lot like Roy-ball to me.
It is completely different. Royball only garnered a point a game.

Ollyball has to date harvested 1.14ppg - a veritable avalanche.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
But Eze and Olise more than likely won’t be with you then, let’s face it their the only shining lights in a very poor and boring Palace lineup so I would have thought nothing to be excited about for your lot next Season😀
To be fair to Palace they do seem to be able to hold onto their better players (Zaha for instance) for longer than us. I suppose they pay them grossly inflated wages :shrug:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
To be fair to Palace they do seem to be able to hold onto their better players (Zaha for instance) for longer than us. I suppose they pay them grossly inflated wages :shrug:

Well they did sell him once but he stunk out Old Trafford and they signed him back for a lot less than United paid which is a good bit of business. But they then probably paid him north of £60m in wages over the next 9 years which isn't.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
While I will always 'football hate' Palace I did really enjoy them beating Liverpool.
I think because I have recently been working for some Liverpool plastics and that has reminded me of young Liverpool plastics at primary school in the 80s who at least in my memory were all fat bullies so I'm currently more positively inclined to the more 'real' fans of Palace.
Of course the next time I have cause to reflect upon the nauseating ultras or am accosted by an angry fat fifty year old equating homosexuality with paedophilia I'll probably flip on this.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

That's the issue with them though, Mr Tumble trousering £5.2m a year in wages, when you look at Mitoma, for example, getting around £2m.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well they did sell him once but he stunk out Old Trafford and they signed him back for a lot less than United paid which is a good bit of business. But they then probably paid him north of £60m in wages over the next 9 years which isn't.
If one player who has cost the club £60m over 9 years and has ( as you all like to infer) kept palace in the premier league I would say that is bloody good business TBH.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I think those days are over, it’s flipped in the last couple of years.

Attachments

• IMG_0338.jpeg
    IMG_0338.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 101

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If one player who has cost the club £60m over 9 years and has ( as you all like to infer) kept palace in the premier league I would say that is bloody good business TBH

It may have kept you in the PL but did it really progress you? Could keeping him for so long on such high wages actually have stopped you from signing other players which may have given you more depth and enabled you to challenge further up the table.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I think they still pay inflated wages to certain individuals, whereas we probably pay a more realistic rate, across the squad. I'd imagine the gap between or highest paid and lowest paid is closer than Palace's?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surely that £60m was easily covered when they sold him?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It may have kept you in the PL but did it really progress you? Could keeping him for so long on such high wages actually have stopped you from signing other players which may have given you more depth and enabled you to challenge further up the table.
Maybe, but that isnt a given, apart from this season palace have been comfortably mid table with a FA cup final and semi final thrown in the mix which is not to shabby for a club that’s spent most of it’s history in lower divisions.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But isn’t that the whole reason to get to the prem? Ie stay in it as long as you can. Fans have said that over and over again and if you get in Europe or progress in some sort of cup ( knowing the big 6 will win everything as usual) then that’s a bonus.

so basically if you are mid table, you are successful….or even finish 4th from bottom you are successful

that is palace‘s modus operandi. And it is ours too

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Not sure where you're getting this info from, the companies house reports show Palace have higher total wages, wage per week and wages as a percentage of income than Brighton.
Screenshot_20240417-144818.png
Screenshot_20240417-144833.png
Screenshot_20240417-144842.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here