Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

When is the Europa League draw and where?​

The Europa League knockout play-off draw will be held an hour later than the Champions League last-16 draw on Monday, 18 December at 12:00 GMT in Nyon, Switzerland.

How does the draw work?​

Each runner-up from the Europa League group stages will be seeded and drawn against teams who finished third in the Champions League group stages, who are all unseeded. Teams cannot draw a club who are from the same country.

The eight group winners advance straight to the last 16 where they will be seeded against the eight knockout play-off round winners. Again, teams cannot draw a club who are from the same country.

When is the knockout play-off round played?​

The first legs of the play-offs will be played on 15 February 2024, with the second legs on 22 February.

The draw for the last 16 will be held on 23 February, with the first legs played on 7 March and the second legs taking place on 14 March.

Who is through in the Europa League?​

Group winners and into the last 16: Atalanta, Bayer Leverkusen, Brighton, Liverpool, Rangers, Villarreal, Slavia Prague, West Ham.

Seeded in play-offs: Freiburg, Marseille, Qarabag, Rennes, Roma, Sparta Prague, Sporting Lisbon, Toulouse.

Unseeded in play-offs: Benfica, Braga, Feyenoord, Galatasaray, Lens, Milan, Shakhtar Donetsk, Young Boys.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67709154

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldnā€™t say 4 isnā€™t too far off tbh.

Sam Johnstone is a decent keeper. Not sure if heā€™s good enough on the ball for a De Zerbi side but heā€™s a better goalkeeper than Steele.

I love Van Hecke but Iā€™m not sure heā€™d start over Guehi. Him and Dunk would be an excellent pairing.

Cheik Dourcoure would have been an excellent Caicedo replacement whilst Baleba gets up to speed

Eze would also be excellent just behind the striker in De Zerbiball

Johnstone
Veltman - Guehi - Dunk - Pervis
Dourcoure - GroƟ
Adingra - Eze - Mitoma
Pedro

Verbruggen, Van Hecke, Igor, Mitchell, Baleba, Gilmour, Olise, Ferguson, March

Would probably challenge for top 4 as a team. Weā€™re definitely the better squad and have a much better manager but they have a few players whoā€™d be great for us, IMO.
Yeah I'd probs go for very similar. No way Guehi misses out. I'd have Gilmour over Doucoure, but might have Olise in over Adingra - though both are raw.

Enciso walks back i when he's fit, and a returning March starts a few discussions amongst my management team. Also Lallana makes the bench, and I\d be tempted to squeeze in both Fergie and Joao.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wouldnā€™t say 4 isnā€™t too far off tbh.

Sam Johnstone is a decent keeper. Not sure if heā€™s good enough on the ball for a De Zerbi side but heā€™s a better goalkeeper than Steele.

I love Van Hecke but Iā€™m not sure heā€™d start over Guehi. Him and Dunk would be an excellent pairing.

Cheik Dourcoure would have been an excellent Caicedo replacement whilst Baleba gets up to speed

Eze would also be excellent just behind the striker in De Zerbiball

Johnstone
Veltman - Guehi - Dunk - Pervis
Dourcoure - GroƟ
Adingra - Eze - Mitoma
Pedro

Verbruggen, Van Hecke, Igor, Mitchell, Baleba, Gilmour, Olise, Ferguson, March

Would probably challenge for top 4 as a team. Weā€™re definitely the better squad and have a much better manager but they have a few players whoā€™d be great for us, IMO.
That is one hell of a team. I'd want to win the Europa League with that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And you think by completely ignoring it, it's going to leave? It ain't. So general abuse gives me a sense of enormous well being.
Eventually boredom/relegation will set in.
The point is they are only here for one reason, to wind up Albion fans, that's it there is nothing else.

They don't want to debate.
They don't want to be objective.
They don't even want to joke around.
They sure as hell won't be here if, by some miracle, we manage to win on Thursday.

You're playing their game, by their rules, despite playing at home and with a current lead of 1749277413 - 1.

Carry on feeding that's cool, you do you, that poster doesn't bother me in the slightest, you can keep them here for as long as you want.

(The 'you' in question is a general 'you', not me blaming you specifically for Dougie's existence here)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Palace will beat us on Thursday, I have already resigned myself to a miserable few days, and hopefully over it by Saturday.
It is just a given, and they will lord it up over us, it is going to be quite sickening I feel.
Take a draw. 100%.

Lick our wounds, get some players back, beat them in the spring

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Eventually boredom/relegation will set in.
The point is they are only here for one reason, to wind up Albion fans, that's it there is nothing else.

They don't want to debate.
They don't want to be objective.
They don't even want to joke around.
They sure as hell won't be here if, by some miracle, we manage to win on Thursday.

You're playing their game, by their rules, despite playing at home and with a current lead of 1749277413 - 1.

Carry on feeding that's cool, you do you, that poster doesn't bother me in the slightest, you can keep them here for as long as you want.

(The 'you' in question is a general 'you', not me blaming you specifically for Dougie's existence here)
So the question is really why is he allowed to continue trolling. Others get banned by the mods for trolling less bit this one seems to get a free pass all of the time.
As you say, it adds nothing, disappears when things aren't going their way and then reappears with glib posts when events turn.
It's a shame because posters like Loz and Mr Putdown add to this board and take the rough with the smooth.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Not looking forward to Thursday at all, especially if they win. Will be at in-laws for xmas day with the rest of their family, all Palace. :cautious:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That would seem less likely if you're going to insist on giving him the only thing he wants, when he reappears here.
So it's Brighton fans who are at fault for that twat? No. Even if no one replied, he'd always be here after they get a result.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not looking forward to Thursday at all, especially if they win. Will be at in-laws for xmas day with the rest of their family, all Palace. :cautious:
Console yourself that if they do manage to win they'll be loving it as it is the only thing they'll have to comfort themselves. They can bask in winning their cup final while we move on with our business.

It's a bit like when we were going through hell and they were bouncing between the top two divisions I was desperate for us to get them in a cup just so we could beat them and have something over them. That's them now. The only difference is that the gulf between us then was divisions and because we were at our lowest ebb while the gulf now is equally vast but is taking place at a time when they are in arguably their most successful period.

That's how far ahead of them we are now regardless of the result on Thursday.

Obviously I'd LOVE to hammer them 5-0 but if we do lose I'll move on pretty quickly.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
If we were struggling near the bottom of the 4th again, I'd still rather be supporting Brighton, because we're a great club with good values, rather than a scummy club who treat everyone, including their own fans sometimes, like shit.
They always treat their own fans like shit

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Struggled to fill the away end yesterdayView attachment 171393

The top tier was City fans.

3pm on a Saturday too.

Palace's away following is pathetic.
Hang on a mo, are you trying to tell me that they did not take as many fans as we did to a saturday 3pm kickoff with the same club despite being some 40 miles closer?
Surely that cannot be right !....................
Actually examining that photo more closely as well as the top tier (by far the largest) being all city and a large chunk of the middle tier being empty there is also a few empty rows at the back of the lower tier so it looks like about 1000 total.
Good thing we know our place ! ;)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks like they may be closer to getting their "dream" manager as Nuno EspĆ­rito Santo is sounded out about the Forest job

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Cooper to Palace may not happen, I think he'll want assurances around transfers and budget, he won't want to be put in a bad place again and risk losing his credibility.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cooper to Palace may not happen, I think he'll want assurances around transfers and budget, he won't want to be put in a bad place again and risk losing his credibility.
There are only 20 seats at the top table.
Cooper isn't getting within a light year of 10 of those.
He doesn't want to be anywhere near 3 further jobs.

As much as we mock palace's complete lack of, ambition, goals, commitment, goals, cup pedigree, goals, excitement, goals infrastructure and goals, having a board who's only desire is 'stay in the Premier League', makes them very attractive indeed.

All you have to do is ask yourself 'can I get 9 wins and a few draws from this squad, over the course of 38 matches'.
Assuming the answer is 'yes', you know you have a comparatively pressure free job, with no other expectations,

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Before anyone says bad fan, you're right, this is one away fixture I choose not to go to, love the banter but cannot stand why so many people use it to fuel mindless hatred. So, if you are like me and are not going where are you watching it .... I'm in a pub in Arundel with, likely to be, two palace mates, three Brighton mates, Palace supporting Son and Daughter, and a German who cannot understand the rivalry or the importance of the fixture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here