Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
On the pitch that Huge and widening gulf is 6 points and 4 places !

An interesting post.

I wonder which one of us it will come to haunt as the season progresses...? With so many injuries it could go either way.

As an aside, I really dislike C.Palace, but how odd, that the many C. Palace supporters I have met over the years, there isn't one, who in real life I didn't find was very similar in thoughts of the game in general to us. In fact...all of them were really pleasant and agreeable guys.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
An interesting post.

I wonder which one of us it will come to haunt as the season progresses...? With so many injuries it could go either way.

As an aside, I really dislike C.Palace, but how odd, that the many C. Palace supporters I have met over the years, there isn't one, who in real life I didn't find was very similar in thoughts of the game in general to us. In fact...all of them were really pleasant and agreeable guys.
Did they all talk to you through megaphones ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Did they all talk to you through megaphones ?
:D :D :D

I can't say I have had the dis-pleasure of coming across any of their rather pathetic Ultras, so I can't comment on the megaphone issues..ha ha.

I have played golf with many of them and even some of them here in France. ... ( they had long escaped from the delights of Croydon ). Plenty of banter of course, but no malice in any of them. Many , many years ago , I used to travel back on the train each day and often chatted with three or four of their players who lived nearer to Brighton than East Croydon.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Begrudgingly I do have a lot more respect for someone from Croydon who supports Palace than someone from Croydon who supports, say, Manchester United.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tis' true, and with our injury crisis that gap may close, but overall, I'd rather be supporting Brighton than Palace given the short, medium and long term prospects. Hopefully we'll not slip up, as we're prone to, against Brentford and B'Muff will continue their good run ;)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
depositphotos_77857258-stock-photo-mind-the-gap-on-a.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Begrudgingly I do have a lot more respect for someone from Croydon who supports Palace than someone from Croydon who supports, say, Manchester United.
I'd go slightly further and say that I have more respect for someone from Croydon who supports Palace than someone from Brighton who supports Manchester United.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It’s the best time ever to be a palace fan, we have never had it so good in our history.
Sorry, I thought better of you as 'an old un'

What about the team of the 80s?

If the best you have ever been is bobbing along in 12th-15th place with an absolute dinosaur of a manager and a CEO who scoops over £1 a year from the club, then you really haven't had many good times have you?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

If the best you have ever been is bobbing along in 12th-15th place with an absolute dinosaur of a manager and a CEO who scoops over £1 a year from the club, then you really haven't had many good times have you?

He's right, though. This sustained period in the top division is their best ever form, despite the brief foray to a 3rd place finish in 1990-91.

CrystalPalaceFC_League_Performance.jpg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The so called "team of the 80s" spent a vast majority of that decade in the second tier.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
It’s the best time ever to be a palace fan, we have never had it so good in our history.

It’s a great time for Brighton they have never had it so good in thier history.

But at the moment there is no doubt Brighton have the upper hand.
Really ?
There is a report today in football insider that Palace have posted losses of £60+million in the past two seasons

Palace’s latest 2021/22 accountsshowed that the club generated revenue of £160million with a pre-tax loss of £24million.

The London club also posted losses of £40.2million in their accounts from the year prior.

Also on the BBC today Parish is trying to raise the money for the proposed new stand. It also says that they may have go into the loan market to get the players required to strengthen the squad.
Sounds like you could be slipping towards another financial crisis, which Palace fans have suffered twice before. Good time to be fan, really?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They're all crying on Twitter because their manager said they've been spoiled in recent years.

It's just a shame there are too many crap teams to relegate them. Nevermind, hopefully next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here