Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Marvellous scenes.

Maybe they've got some cash in the kitty for some more CLADDING instead.

barbus_max bhafc

Dec 12, 2021
Worthing
Next Season will be fun for the scum, preparing for journeys to Huddersfield, Rotherham, Preston etc and of course Millwall scaring the baby ultras shitless - couldn’t happen to a more deserving Club and it’s embarrassing fans 😀😀😀

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Next Season will be fun for the scum, preparing for journeys to Huddersfield, Rotherham, Preston etc and of course Millwall scaring the baby ultras shitless - couldn’t happen to a more deserving Club and it’s embarrassing fans 😀😀😀
They could have a great dance off/ karaoke comp with the daft bastard ultras at Huddersfield. The football well and truly secondary.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well, that "fear" is well and truly there now. They seem more concerned with how well we're doing than their own imminent downfall, pure bliss!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just 3 points above the relegation zone, they're well and truly in the mix.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
If they lose on Saturday to Leicester - and it think that's a 50/50 game - they will be under enormous pressure to get a result at Elland Road which will be, as we know, a loud and hostile atmosphere. Lose that one, and they will be around 16/17th in the table by my calculations and possibly one point above the relegation zone. They then go to play a desperate but rubbish Stains. Lose that and they will be almost certainly in the bottom three.

Now i'm not saying this will happen but I do think it is a realistic possibility.

What is a certainty right now is that all of their fan base (even the bullshit bravados among them) will be as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. And that, my friend, is enough to put a smile on my face. True schadenfreude...lovely stuff.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's great to see them fighting relegation (especially after those twitter posts done by "MARK_CPFC" back in Sept who thought we would be down there after Potter left! Unfortunately, I think they will survive quite comfortably in the end. On paper they have the easiest run in out of every other single Club in the league.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On paper they have the easiest run in out of every other single Club in the league.

Surely though that run in is against teams desperate for points who will have earmarked their Palace match as good place to get some? Admittedly those teams are crap but based on points alone Palace aren't much better!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Surely though that run in is against teams desperate for points who will have earmarked their Palace match as good place to get some? Admittedly those teams are crap but based on points alone Palace aren't much better!
Indeed. This fixture list could be disastrous for them. We are at the rats in sack stage of the season and all of their opponents in bottom nine will feel they have a chance to scrap their way out of trouble. Pretty much every team down there has shown signs of life in the last month or so. I personally feel that Bournemouth and Forest away are tricky games for us, let alone Palace. Nothing can be taken for granted for now. The run-in always focuses the mind.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Haven’t visited this thread for a while.

Disappointed with the way Viera went but TBH, most of us could see it wasn’t working.

From January last season we were not great only the cup run was papering over the cracks, the semi final was shocking and I lost it then with Viera, which was a shame as I did want it to work but the stubbornness of playing the same plan A time and time again when it was clearly not working nor was ever going to.

We have a good defence but playing Eze, Olise, with Doucoure in midfield is much too lightweight, with a couple of those players good with the ball but are not battle hardened and too easy dispossessed.

Upfront has just been a proper clusterfxxk with Zaha, Ayew, Edouard and Matea been thrown in at random times with no real plan. I might be an old fossil but 4 4 2 will be the way forward as just looking at Edouard he needs someone to play off he is not a lone striker. ( if I can see that being football as my second favourite sport why no one in the coaching team could beggars belief)

Also getting rid of Derry in January because he threw a few home truths into some players seems not to have worked.

I have no real fear of going down as like you lot it won’t stop my football Saturday, I would still go to the pub have a couple of pints then wonder up to the ground whether we are playing Walsall or West Ham , same as I have since the mid 70s

That’s it really, enjoy your semi at Wembley as my last visit I vowed would be my last. ( just an expensive arse of a ground to get to, mind you 4.30 Sunday KO didn’t help)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Haven’t visited this thread for a while.

Disappointed with the way Viera went but TBH, most of us could see it wasn’t working.

From January last season we were not great only the cup run was papering over the cracks, the semi final was shocking and I lost it then with Viera, which was a shame as I did want it to work but the stubbornness of playing the same plan A time and time again when it was clearly not working nor was ever going to.

We have a good defence but playing Eze, Olise, with Doucoure in midfield is much too lightweight, with a couple of those players good with the ball but are not battle hardened and too easy dispossessed.

Upfront has just been a proper clusterfxxk with Zaha, Ayew, Edouard and Matea been thrown in at random times with no real plan. I might be an old fossil but 4 4 2 will be the way forward as just looking at Edouard he needs someone to play off he is not a lone striker. ( if I can see that being football as my second favourite sport why no one in the coaching team could beggars belief)

Also getting rid of Derry in January because he threw a few home truths into some players seems not to have worked.

I have no real fear of going down as like you lot it won’t stop my football Saturday, I would still go to the pub have a couple of pints then wonder up to the ground whether we are playing Walsall or West Ham , same as I have since the mid 70s

That’s it really, enjoy your semi at Wembley as my last visit I vowed would be my last. ( just an expensive arse of a ground to get to, mind you 4.30 Sunday KO didn’t help)
Always good to hear from you, as a voice of reason.

I do feel some of your fans see you have an "easy" run it, but as others have said, these are teams with their backs to the wall and will, you would expect, come out fighting. I thought you'd stay up, as does my Pilarse supporting Son, but I now feel you'll be "that team" outside the danger area but manages to play itself into it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't know much about them, but on the face of it, Palace don't seem to have many on field leaders.

I assume the likes of Jedinak and MacArthur had that role in previous teams.
They will need to find some more, for the run in they've got.

Th threat from Olise/Eze/Zaha isn't going to be enough to get them through their "easier" run in.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Within the next five games Palace will not, mathematically, be able to catch us, we should create a name for that day! "Dick's Day", Mr Knight gets the recognition he deserves in taking so many positive and forward steps before Sir Tony stepped in.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
SASTA just won the internet

A60108DC-EBD2-4F48-A72F-70ADDEA70B2D.jpeg

😂😂😂

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's great to see them fighting relegation (especially after those twitter posts done by "MARK_CPFC" back in Sept who thought we would be down there after Potter left! Unfortunately, I think they will survive quite comfortably in the end. On paper they have the easiest run in out of every other single Club in the league.
The teams they’re playing will see them as an easy fixture.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If they lose on Saturday to Leicester - and it think that's a 50/50 game - they will be under enormous pressure to get a result at Elland Road which will be, as we know, a loud and hostile atmosphere. Lose that one, and they will be around 16/17th in the table by my calculations and possibly one point above the relegation zone. They then go to play a desperate but rubbish Stains. Lose that and they will be almost certainly in the bottom three.

Now i'm not saying this will happen but I do think it is a realistic possibility.

What is a certainty right now is that all of their fan base (even the bullshit bravados among them) will be as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. And that, my friend, is enough to put a smile on my face. True schadenfreude...lovely stuff.
If results go right, they could actually be in the bottom three by Monday evening.

Palace 0 Leicester 4
Arsenal 0 Leeds 0
Forest 2 Wolves 1
West Ham 1 So'ton 0
Everton 0 Spurs 0

They'd be 18th on goals scored.

It's a nice thought and we may as well enjoy it now, because despite all the bed wetting and manager sacking, they are better than their 2023 results suggest. They won't collapse and will have enough to finish mid table.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
If results go right, they could actually be in the bottom three by Monday evening.

Palace 0 Leicester 4
Arsenal 0 Leeds 0
Forest 2 Wolves 1
West Ham 1 So'ton 0
Everton 0 Spurs 0

They'd be 18th on goals scored.

It's a nice thought and we may as well enjoy it now, because despite all the bed wetting and manager sacking, they are better than their 2023 results suggest. They won't collapse and will have enough to finish mid table.
So you are saying there is a chance they will get relegated?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here