Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No chance of Palace going down IMO. Despite a bad run of results. They have more than enough to stay up.
Might wish to change this view now? Palace people I know feel this is a very real possibility and the next three games are crucial, I think they'll be relegated, there's always one team that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory and, for me, this season it's Pilarse!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Might wish to change this view now? Palace people I know feel this is a very real possibility and the next three games are crucial, I think they'll be relegated, there's always one team that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory and, for me, this season it's Pilarse!
Sadly according to the tracker they're not quite in the brown stuff yet. Tracking right on the 40. Their annoying habit of getting draws when they deserve to lose 5-0 may just keep them up.

NSC Others 24.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sadly they picked up a decent slug of points early season so they don't need to do very much to stay up. Villa, Leeds, Wolves, Southampton all got beaten at Selhurst. I suspect they have enough to repeat this in the on paper easy games to come.

NSC Palace.png

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sadly they picked up a decent slug of points early season so they don't need to do very much to stay up. Villa, Leeds, Wolves, Southampton all got beaten at Selhurst. I suspect they have enough to repeat this in the on paper easy games to come.

View attachment 158339
I think you're right. What they really need to slip down into the brown stuff is a horribly inept, spirit crushing, 5-0 hammering. I'd love it to be us but I won't get too upset if Arsenal do the job instead.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think you're right. What they really need to slip down into the brown stuff is a horribly inept, spirit crushing, 5-0 hammering. I'd love it to be us but I won't get too upset if Arsenal do the job instead.
Would it? A hammering might be the impetus to change. All the while they just keep slipping, making that one error, they go again. They don't take a long hard look at themselves, they don't feel like they owe the fans something, etc. A good hammering might be just what they need to push them back into wins. (though tbh, I worry all the media coverage of their no wins in 2023, no shots on goal in the last three games as they prepare to face their rivals may also be that push...)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Would it? A hammering might be the impetus to change. All the while they just keep slipping, making that one error, they go again. They don't take a long hard look at themselves, they don't feel like they owe the fans something, etc. A good hammering might be just what they need to push them back into wins. (though tbh, I worry all the media coverage of their no wins in 2023, no shots on goal in the last three games as they prepare to face their rivals may also be that push...)
Oh well. In that case, I don’t really care all that much about them being relegated if we can give them a right good hammering tonight.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
For years I've wished us to be in a division above Palace but actually worry now that if it happens we could spend quite a few years without the rivalry game. I'd miss it, and as much as I hate them do feel solidarity with them in many ways as a fellow other 12 Premier league club against the mega rich filth.
I'm happy to take the risk - the schedenfreude if they went down would be worth it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
For years I've wished us to be in a division above Palace but actually worry now that if it happens we could spend quite a few years without the rivalry game. I'd miss it, and as much as I hate them do feel solidarity with them in many ways as a fellow other 12 Premier league club against the mega rich filth.
Could always look out for them in cup draws!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever their biggest fear is, and they do have a choice, it seems to be happening :smile:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
My biggest fear is my total disinterest in this season, played snooker last night total forgot about the game until this morning.

The World Cup being played mid season and VAR have totally knocked the love of football out of me, and I suppose the results haven’t helped, but to be fair I have supported through worse.

I want the sun on my back watching cricket down the county ground.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
My biggest fear is my total disinterest in this season, played snooker last night total forgot about the game until this morning.

The World Cup being played mid season and VAR have totally knocked the love of football out of me, and I suppose the results haven’t helped, but to be fair I have supported through worse.

:D The World Cup was brilliant and VAR only intrudes occasionally. This is probably the best ever season for the Premier League.

I wonder if everything about Palace being totally shit might be the real reason for your "lack of interest"...?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Not much of a supporter if you "forgot" that you were playing your biggest rivals are you? A fair weather fan who will be nowhere to be seen when you are back in the Championship. Blame the World Cup. Blame VAR. But the real reason for your amnesia is that you are shit and you are fed up watching shit football in a derelict stadium. Come on. Admit it.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I am a season ticket holder for 30+ years for my sins. I play snooker every Wednesday funnily enough with a Brighton fan ( although more of a follower, he was born next to the county ground so more a cricket man) we had a bit of banter, but I seemed to be potting marbles in buckets yesterday and made my highest ever break so I forgot about the game.

I have to clear my dear old mums house tomorrow so had to get on the phone to someone at 9 who has a van, all a bit emotional knowing that will be my last ever visit to my childhood home, sat down about 11 with a large scotch, football didn’t enter my mind….

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I am a season ticket holder for 30+ years for my sins. I play snooker every Wednesday funnily enough with a Brighton fan ( although more of a follower, he was born next to the county ground so more a cricket man) we had a bit of banter, but I seemed to be potting marbles in buckets yesterday and made my highest ever break so I forgot about the game.

I have to clear my dear old mums house tomorrow so had to get on the phone to someone at 9 who has a van, all a bit emotional knowing that will be my last ever visit to my childhood home, sat down about 11 with a large scotch, football didn’t enter my mind….
Yeah, I think you get a pass for that. That’s tough. Best of luck with tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here