Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Thanks guys for the concern, I've been ill, and dont want to seem obsessed with a rivals message board. Thanks also for the insights into attendances. There is definitely a wider catchment area for you guys, as there's no other Prem/Champ club for many miles, while we do have a few other clubs in close proximity, who may prove slightly more attractive. I think all clubs are guilty now of reporting attendances as tickets sold rather than fans through the turnstiles, but in general we dont tend to have many seats left on sale for most home matches, and tend to sell our allocation for away games, even Newcastle away in the League Cup in November midweek, alrthough we may only have sold one block of about 300 tickets...
Welcome back Dan, hope you are recovered now

With pretendance-isnt it a PL requirement to give ticketrs sold as opposed to actual bums on seats (or pairs of feet standing) ? I am sure this was a TB answer in a forum sometime ago-

The only time you get a true attendance figure is cup games- but tbh thats hardly fair to coiompare unless its against the same team, we sold out v Liverpool but I somehow doubt 30 000 would have come to the Amex or Selhurst to see Fleetwood Town

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In fairness tickets sold is probably the most relevant to the club, the PL don't care because they just need TV revenue, so a 90% or 100% full ground doesn't impact on them, it's just the fans that seem more concerned about it. I have three season tickets but both boys play Saturday football so we rarely use all three and they often don't sell on exchange. But from a pre-tendance point of view they're sold

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is Wilf injured then?
Saw a report that he's out for six weeks, shame really could've done with him being a make weight for them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Also says he's 30 and will leave, on a free, at the end of the season. Go on Tony, just for the giggles!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Couldn’t we start a few cheeky social media rumours just to wind them up. If we were in the market for Alex Oxlade Chamberlain it’s not utterly ridiculous we might want his experience 😉😉😉

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Also says he's 30 and will leave, on a free, at the end of the season. Go on Tony, just for the giggles!
I imagine his reaction would be exactly the same as Ian Chapman’s when he was told Palace were interested in signing him! I think two words starting with F and finishing with F were uttered?

@Lenny Rider ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Saw a report that he's out for six weeks, shame really could've done with him being a make weight for them.
I don't think he's been quite the same influence for them this season as in days of yore, but his record of scoring against us is probably better than any other player in the PL so I'll be glad if he's unavailable.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
What's your take, @eaglesdan on the fixture that the media seem to get obsessed with The A23 Derby!! I've a feeling we've been playing some lovely football but this game throws the form book out of the window. Not having Wilf helps us a little or you may feel now? 0-0 draw!
Got to admit Tim, I, like many others, am not holding out hope for either game (who knows when the re-arranged game will be). We have a distinct lack of goals in the team at the moment, and Wilf being out will not help, as he's one of the few players who really gets the rivalry and tries to up his game. be interesting to see how the new signings fit, and also what the saga over Moises will do to BHA

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Welcome back Dan, hope you are recovered now

With pretendance-isnt it a PL requirement to give ticketrs sold as opposed to actual bums on seats (or pairs of feet standing) ? I am sure this was a TB answer in a forum sometime ago-

The only time you get a true attendance figure is cup games- but tbh thats hardly fair to coiompare unless its against the same team, we sold out v Liverpool but I somehow doubt 30 000 would have come to the Amex or Selhurst to see Fleetwood Town
Ah, I didnt know it was a PL requirement. Guarantee we would not get 30k at home to Fleetwood, even if we were giving them away. (Selhurst doesnt hold 30k, but you know what I mean)

Wonder how many you will take to Stoke. We played them in the 5th round last year, and they probably brought around 3-4k, not bad for a midweek game on a wet Wednesday in February. We didnt sell out, just as well, as they had to move some of the fans in the Main Stand when the roof started leaking....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ah, I didnt know it was a PL requirement. Guarantee we would not get 30k at home to Fleetwood, even if we were giving them away. (Selhurst doesnt hold 30k, but you know what I mean)

Wonder how many you will take to Stoke. We played them in the 5th round last year, and they probably brought around 3-4k, not bad for a midweek game on a wet Wednesday in February. We didnt sell out, just as well, as they had to move some of the fans in the Main Stand when the roof started leaking....
Surely that new stand you've just built isn't leaking already, is it? ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here