Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
The line that made me laugh out aloud was the "they flunked it into the league!'

We were amazing the promotion year, as everyone who supports BHA on here knows

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I only saw page 1 as after that I had exceeded the limit-however there seems to be a (very) grudging respect building for what Brighton are achieving, our recruitment system, and de zerbi. They hate it, but it seems to be regestering that they have wasted there 5 year head start in the Prem and we are now ahead in terms of position and set up.
It must be gaulling for them.

There was some comment about what happened to Southampton, and I think its a valid point, about effectivly taking the money and running, hopefully (and it looks like we are), the club is using the money wisely to keep the "conveyor belt" of talent running
The Southampton model was rather shaken up by their owner dieing though, who knows what would have happened there if he'd stayed alive

Reactions: cjd

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Comparing us to Southampton and not reinvesting in our team 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Exactly. No f***ing clue. Just blind dislike of Brighton and a total inability to see anything good that we do.

But then again, isn't delusion and a liking for megaphones, drums and black hoodies a key part of being a Palarse fan?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still a decent amount of completely tribal bellendery on display. I love how some of them keep spitting out the “sugar daddy” line for Uncle Tony like it’s some sort of bad thing? I’m fairly sure there’s quite a few football supporters who, given the choice, would like their club to be bankrolled by a supporter rather than a sovereign wealth fund. Maybe I have that wrong and it’s just me.
:shrug:
I won’t view it as it’s not worth it but this ‘sugar daddy’ excuse is easily dispelled with fact. Where is it again… oh yeh here:
2C4607E9-635E-4071-98D2-5D3A0E9A8116.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
am i right in thinking these are the same fans that boycotted games to steal those seats from their fellow fans...
Not sure about the boycotting but know the chief hoodied ones are Spurs fans too so if there’s a fixture clash they usually go there but apparently no megaphones allowed at Spurs so they’re not amused.

Palacebob

Jan 22, 2023
Still a decent amount of completely tribal bellendery on display. I love how some of them keep spitting out the “sugar daddy” line for Uncle Tony like it’s some sort of bad thing? I’m fairly sure there’s quite a few football supporters who, given the choice, would like their club to be bankrolled by a supporter rather than a sovereign wealth fund. Maybe I have that wrong and it’s just me.
:shrug:
You say tribal like it's a bad thing, without tribalism, football would be pretty crap. It's a massive part of the sport we all love. Without tribalism we wouldn't be rivals.
Let me say though that the huge majority of Palace fans aren't bellends and are massively jealous of the fantastic way your club us run and the amazing football you've played over the past few seasons.
Anyway I'm gonna stop with the love-in because I hate you.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
You say tribal like it's a bad thing, without tribalism, football would be pretty crap. It's a massive part of the sport we all love. Without tribalism we wouldn't be rivals.
Let me say though that the huge majority of Palace fans aren't bellends and are massively jealous of the fantastic way your club us run and the amazing football you've played over the past few seasons.
You've given me a problem.

I can't decide to reply with

:sheep:

Or
:tosser:

Or
:wanker:

So I'll settle for just: fvck off.
:bloom:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Without tribalism I wouldn’t have been making wanker signs at the sad faces the other side of the segregation netting yesterday when Evan nodded one in

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Fair points, annoyingly well made. With a punchline too. Well done.

Bastard. ;)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
They still can't get their heads round the fact that our nominal debt is to TB, ie to ourselves.
It's the lie that is repeated so often in their bubble that it has become the truth.

I think that technically it is a debt, some DULLARD would probably be able to explain it for us.
But as there are no interest charges or repayment schedule, it's irrelevant.

I saw one poster had the balls to say that Palace have actually spent more than us over the same period.
5 extra years of Premier League cash eclipses the £350m from Tony.

They have very little to show for that spend.
We have a Stadium, training ground, an overflowing squad and cash in the bank.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This made me smile. They aren't a happy hoody family:

Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Can't stand this weed fawning. They've been bankrolled, still have a huge debt and have a string of failures before this lucky smoke and mirrors accidentally created by Potter and an excited billionaire at Chelsea. White is the genuine £50m player, but even then he was pricey.

Zaha may go for free, but I'd rather that happen and we get the joy of having them play for us rather than being flogged off at the first chance.

They've finished above us ONCE since they fluked it into this league and this season isn't over. Get a grip.
All you say is factually true but, certainly on the evidence of the last few seasons, we are nearing real danger of relegation while Weed are more likely to be top eight than relegated in any given season. It's not 'fawning' to acknowledge that they have a model for recruitment which has brought them money in, while we operate at a loss.

They committed to a progressive system of play since BEFORE they came up, while our football has been agricultural both before and during the entire decade we've been a PL side, except for those few seasons when we tried to be more 'progressive' team, when we played without buying the kind of technically accomplished players that were required. Contrast this to Weed, who WILL invest properly into that ethos and never had to abandon it just to survive, like we had to under FdB and Pardew. ( and possibly now )

For years, there's been ridicule of both Weed's football style and those here who have dared claim we should try the same but the fact is we have had a 'band-aid saviour' who has covered up the scabs of how we approach the game, as a club. Well, he is about to leave and we have now the weakest midfield for at least five seasons, with absolutely nothing to compensate for Zaha's departure. A monstrously successful summer window will be required to even hope to survive next season. And that's if we stay up this season. ( try an injury to Doucoure and just see what happens to us. And no, we won't do anything for the midfield yet again this winter. We wouldn't if we had the money )

We are the architects of this state we are in by our approach, just like Weed. I was saying two years ago that they would eclipse us, not because I ever wanted to but because I am not in denial of what's wrong with our ethos and what's right with Weed's model. Want more proof? Wait until next season. The best we can realistically hope for is to survive this season and next while they will probably advance another place or two within the league during that time. Sure, they will hit their 'ceiling' but will be looking down on us.

That's assuming we are even in the same division. There's every chance a division will separate us, as clubs, in the 2024-2025 season. If so, I will be watching to see which excuses get trotted out. Probably that 'Weed are only successful because of Bloom.' Yes, that is a factor but we've had the best part of half-a-billion to spend on the team since we came up, much of it before Weed even joined us in the Prem.

And the worst of it was that this was always so predictable. Bright*n have dared to try to progress their technical attributes to the stage where they can compete against the better teams in terms of possession, let alone usage of the ball. Ours is to 'put some stoppers in the middle and wait for Zaha to do something.'

I've said for years that such 'thinking' will only and ultimately take us in one direction and your dismissive comment about Bright*n is sadly applicable to not only the delusion of much of our fanbase but also how our club thinks. After all, we brought Benteke to cure our inability to keep the ball, play a through ball or deliver a reliable cross! 99% of us thought that was a good idea at the time. Says it all.

And yes, the Weed 'fans' are plastic wannabes. But their club is run better than ours, run like one who dares to take on what the big boys do. The extra money from Bloom helps them but, had we had that cash instead, we'd just be playing with a better defence, better crossers and a better center forward. We'd still not be playing the kind of football that would allow us to progress in the way that Bright*n are doing.

Hope I'm proven wrong about all this. But I keep saying that about our relative fortunes compared to Bright*n. I just can't stand the delusion going on that we are a better run club than them. A better fanbase, certainly. We deserve success far more than those plastics. But their club is far more likely to give it to them and levels of investment is only part of the difference. They have, as bitter a pill as it may be, earned their direction of travel. Just like us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here