Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fan wants to wear Brighton shirt again.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
After last years efforts of rasing over £1000 for REMF by running the Brighton marathon in a Brighton shirt i would love to do it again. This time i have set the target at £500. I would really appreciate any sponsorship.

Please see Kevin Risby is fundraising for Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

There is also a photo of me in your lovely shirt if you click on the link.

For those of you that don't know me it was me who came forward in 2001 and have been running things from the palace end since. This will be the 1st year that im unable to make the football match so will be putting all my efforts into the marathon.

I will also be running the London Marathon so hope a few of you will feel my pain and donate, if even just a few quid.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
:bounce:

come on chaps lets get more for REMF.

After last years efforts of rasing over £1000 for REMF by running the Brighton marathon in a Brighton shirt i would love to do it again. This time i have set the target at £500. I would really appreciate any sponsorship.

Please see Kevin Risby is fundraising for Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

There is also a photo of me in your lovely shirt if you click on the link.

For those of you that don't know me it was me who came forward in 2001 and have been running things from the palace end since. This will be the 1st year that im unable to make the football match so will be putting all my efforts into the marathon.

I will also be running the London Marathon so hope a few of you will feel my pain and donate, if even just a few quid.

While fully commend your efforts, I'm pretty sure there is already a Palace fan on here doing the same thing.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
While fully commend your efforts, I'm pretty sure there is already a Palace fan on here doing the same thing.

Yes there is. I didn't know there was a rule that there could only be one and as i did it last year thought be worth while again as a sure way hopefully to raise funds for the REMF. Maybe i should do it in a gullys girl outfit, now i really am joking.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

yes there is but still a worthy thing & think you'll find they both came up with idea about the same time, first donations from Seagull fans to both started in October last year. You could always split your donation & give to both.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes there is. I didn't know there was a rule that there could only be one and as i did it last year thought be worth while again as a sure way hopefully to raise funds for the REMF. Maybe i should do it in a gullys girl outfit, now i really am joking.

If the novelty is wearing off, it may suggest a concept is needed - yeah, do it in Gully's Girl outfit...

Last edited:

Sorry if my post may have offeneded you, last thing I would ever want knowing how much you heve already done for the REMF.

It was never my intention too.

Feb 14, 2010
This has the smell of a palace fan protesting too much. A bit like men that dress up in a dress at cricket. You just know they are loving every second and it makes me wonder..

This has the smell of a palace fan protesting too much. A bit like men that dress up in a dress at cricket. You just know they are loving every second and it makes me wonder..
Kev's been hanging out with Albion fans for more than 10 years. And he remains a Palace fan. The only conclusion I can come to is that he's a genuine supporter of his local team.

And an allround good guy.

:thumbsup:

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Good work Mr R . Would run with you Mr R but you would whoop my sorry arse !!!

Will you be doing it in your famous puffa? Hopefully won't be as hot as last year. Sure you could beat my 4 hours 53 mins and have done before. Then again you do have a big birthday this year so i've heard.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Less than £400 to go now to make this happen. Many thanks to those that have donated so far.

Please if you can spare a few pence or £'s id really appreciate it and so would the fund.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Training runs now up to 12 miles so hopefully on track to beat last years efforts, lets just hope the sponsorship does the same.

If anyone can add to this id really appreciate it.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
25% raised so far but hopefully can do much better. Even if just a few pence id really appreciate it.

Remember im running both Brighton & London so surely worth a couple of quid.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If you want to up your profile, I could lend you one of these beauties to wear in the Brighton Marathon

football_shirt_6119_1_0x80x0.jpg
football_shirt_21026_1_0x80x0.jpg
football_shirt_29_1_0x80x0.jpg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'll donate later this week, good luck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here