Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace crowd

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I can't imagine they would sell many Liverpool-Everton, Spurs-Arsenal, Chelsea-Arsenal, Chelsea-Spurs, Man Utd-City, Newcastle-Sunderland etc...

perhaps it is just your games?

That's why I said most ,not all .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
All this guff from various Nigel gimps on here is a bit tiresome. Sure, we're not as big as WCP intimates, but we're nowhere near as plastic as you Nigel twats are. It's time to trot out my favourite Nigel support stat, that pretty much everybody should know.

Forget the handful of half-and-half scarfers or disenfranchised Chelsea fans who turn up to the Amex - this is the very definition of plastic right here:

1979 Division 2 (promoted): Palace v Burnley, attendance 51,482
1980 Division one
1981 Division one
1982 Division one (relegated)
1983 Division two
1984 Division two: Palace v Wimbledon, attendance: 4,005

Come back when we've lost 90% of the 30,000 who were turning up under Poyet FFS, you plastic dorks.

Calm down Simeon .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yes, you know my first name. As you remind often me. Every. Single. Reply. In fact.

You really are a bit of a gimp aren't you?

Not at all Simeon .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes, you know my first name. As you remind often me. Every. Single. Reply. In fact.

You really are a bit of a gimp aren't you?
Well if he knows your first name then that's it........you'll never win an argument with him. They're smart these Palace fans.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Makes me shudder.

I can understand half & half scarves if a non-league side draws a premiership club in the cup, or a "minnow" (Welsh / Irish) side gets Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern etc in a European game but a half & half with a club playing in the same league / division is truly pathetic and pitiful. Only at Palace; they've just got no class.

I can't imagine they would sell many Liverpool-Everton, Spurs-Arsenal, Chelsea-Arsenal, Chelsea-Spurs, Man Utd-City, Newcastle-Sunderland etc...

perhaps it is just your games?
It's so they can have a palace scarf alongside their 'real' premier league team.

FYI, the 79 season we averaged 23,000 odd, and 7,000 odd in 84.
A big drop, but not as big as you're suggesting .

Are you actually trying to excuse that and make it look good? I think you are lol!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Makes me shudder.

I can understand half & half scarves if a non-league side draws a premiership club in the cup, or a "minnow" (Welsh / Irish) side gets Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern etc in a European game but a half & half with a club playing in the same league / division is truly pathetic and pitiful. Only at Palace; they've just got no class.
Unfortunalty when we play so called "bigger " clubs there will be traders selling these near the ground ,people ( for whatever reason ) will buy these half n halfs . I think if these were sold in our club shop your point would have more merit ???

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It's so they can have a palace scarf alongside their 'real' premier league team.

Are you actually trying to excuse that and make it look good? I think you are lol!

Just correcting Simeon with his selective figures, nothing more, nothing less.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Unfortunalty when we play so called "bigger " clubs there will be traders selling these near the ground ,people ( for whatever reason ) will buy these half n halfs . I think if these were sold in our club shop your point would have more merit ???
There's a market for them, in spite of what various palace posters have said. LOL!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So you've took the highest crowd from the last game of the 1979 season, when we pipped you to the title ,
Then you took the lowest figure from the Wimbledon game in 1984 which most Palace fans boycotted.
FYI, the 79 season we averaged 23,000 odd, and 7,000 odd in 84.
A big drop, but not as big as you're suggesting .

Your average gate in 1984/5 was not "7,000 odd", it was 6,446 - a season in which you had 4 or 5 gates of UNDER 5,000. And that 6,446 is down from the 23,294 you averaged in 1978/9.

Unbelievably you Nigels lost 72% of your support in the same division in just 6 seasons, and still have the gall to call us plastics.

Here's a challenge for you Nigels; see if you can find ANY example - just one will do - of a team losing anything like 70% of it's support in 6 seasons whilst in the same division. And to give you a chance, I'll allow 2 seasons either side, and a fall of a single division as well (although I doubt even Wolves, Swansea and Bristol City lost such a huge plastic number of their support when they all fell through the divisions in double quick time through the '80s).

I'll bet not one single Nigel will take up this challenge.

And until now I haven't even mentioned the fact that you were getting more-or-less half the gates you are now, just two seasons ago. Or that you couldn't even sell out the play-off final first leg. In fact, it wasn't even close. 23,000 for a play-off final against your arch rivals? I guess this can be explained because it was on the TELLY. You really do have the most plastic "fan-base" in the league.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
There's a market for them, in spite of what various palace posters have said. LOL!

There is indeed, and it's called the Premier League. Suddenly the place is swarming with Eastern Europeans and Chinese who want to watch a Prem League match and take home a souvenir. Give me the Championship every day.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Here's a challenge for you Nigels; see if you can find ANY example - just one will do - of a team losing anything like 70% of it's support in 6 seasons whilst in the same division. .

Pretty sure there isn't one. Certainly not Crystal Palace, we had an intervening promotion and relegation.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There is indeed, and it's called the Premier League. Suddenly the place is swarming with Eastern Europeans and Chinese who want to watch a Prem League match and take home a souvenir. Give me the Championship every day.
Hard to tell, but the people in the picture I posted didn't appear particularly eastern. It looked like a family group desperate to see their local side play their real team, Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here