Palace chairman calls for cheats to be punished....pot/kettle?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
What most of us Palace fans knew last season was that Wilf was particularly skillful, and frequently the only way a frustrated opponent could deal with that was to hack him down. With him running at speed, the net result was that he would often go flying. And of course one way for disgruntled opponents to deal with that is to make accusations of diving. Which if they were correct, no doubt could be backed up, as all matches end up on camera nowadays.

So where is all this evidence of Zaha diving? There is plenty of talk, as he has been labelled by some, but where is the hard video evidence?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The problem with providing evidence of his diving, is you will disagree with it. Like Jason Roberts yesterday saying "there was contact" with pogrebnyak's dive.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Seriously fella, shut the f*** up. You are tediously boring now. Zahaha dives.... get over it :thumbsup:

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
The problem with providing evidence of his diving, is you will disagree with it. Like Jason Roberts yesterday saying "there was contact" with pogrebnyak's dive.

At a distance of 20 months and after last Saturday, I have to say that one looks suspect. Fair play.

He isn't an habitual diver however, for the simple reason that he doesn't need to be due to the speed that he runs into the box.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
With the amount of cameras at every Premier game, any diving will be analysed over and over again, as we've seen since the game on Saturday. Moyes, to his credit, has condemned Young for his blatant attempt at winning a penalty, but how do you stop it ?
Kids at grass roots level see this behaviour as the norm, and I've witnessed fathers screaming for penalties when their boys have "done a Young" in the box !
The only way to stop it is for the FA to take retrospective action on offenders, whether or not the culprits have been booked by the ref. Give the players a 5 match ban, and warn the clubs that repeat offences will result in a points deduction for that club.
But knowing the FA, they will do FA , and hide behind FIFA.

Seriously fella. Just please **** off. Are you just slipping the " cameras in the premier league" point in just to needle us a bit more?

We KNOW you're in the PL, we know that your best dive...sorry, I mean Players..are lost to you with demise of Judas and the departure of Wilf, we know that Holloway and Parrish in a last desperate throw of the dice has bought the mix and match assortment of journeymen and nearly men who are, as we speak, watching the Tom Daly antics of last season on loop and practicing in the " dive simulator" at shithurst, in a desperate attempt to avoid certain relegation by Christmas...we all know that.

What is annoying and makes me do little sicks in my nose is your shithouse boyos posting their nonsense all over my lovely NSC.

Do you really have nothing better to do? I expect its because if you try and post on the other prem league forums that you just get laughed off the place so you're forced to look down your ****ing noses at us to make you feel better.

Just knob off you tards.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At a distance of 20 months and after last Saturday, I have to say that one looks suspect. Fair play.

He isn't an habitual diver however, for the simple reason that he doesn't need to be due to the speed that he runs into the box.

http://youtu.be/_3Na5BLnMwM looks like he made a meal of this to me. (Though it looks like there's only one digit on his shirt, so that might not be Zaha)

http://youtu.be/LVs0DZT4JjM they replay his dive three times (70mins on the match clock, early in the video)

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
What most of us Palace fans knew last season was that Wilf was particularly skillful, and frequently the only way a frustrated opponent could deal with that was to hack him down. With him running at speed, the net result was that he would often go flying. And of course one way for disgruntled opponents to deal with that is to make accusations of diving. Which if they were correct, no doubt could be backed up, as all matches end up on camera nowadays.

So where is all this evidence of Zaha diving? There is plenty of talk, as he has been labelled by some, but where is the hard video evidence?

Piss off. Bridge is as old as the hills and had wilfin his pocket for all of the first game in the POs and during the St. Patrick's day massacre. It was only when Wurzel swapped Wilf to the left in the second PO leg at the Amex and Poyet didn't alter our defence in response leaving Calderon, who Zaha could run around all week, as his opponent that he was able to sneak in.

Wilf is looking like bench at best for Man Utd. Pity, with him AND Ashley Young in the team Utd. Could get a gold in the world diving championships without having to pull on the speedos.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Do one you goon. Are you seriously claiming that Wilf is NOT a diver? Oh behave.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wilf is looking like bench at best for Man Utd. Pity, with him AND Ashley Young in the team Utd. Could get a gold in the world diving championships without having to pull on the speedos.

Anyone else find it a little weird that the world's third best player isn't taking part in any of Man U's games?

It's amazing, or perhaps not, that so many palace fans on here have completely missed the point of the thread. It was not intended to bring a debate about diving, any sensible, reasonable person will condemn it even if it's conducted by one of their own team's players but rather, it was intended to point out the irony in their chairman's stance.

An irony that it seems is COMPLETELY lost on them. Strange that there were no complaints last year when decisions were going for them, no clamoring for 'justice'. But then, these people are by normal standards quite odd, choosing to spend their time on a rival forum where for the most part their comments are unwanted, unhelpful or simply insulting. I know a fair number of palace fans and for the most part they are not like that, they are reasonable and fair-minded. I love the rivalry but would rather it not be an excuse to dispense with reason.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Seriously fella. Just please **** off. Are you just slipping the " cameras in the premier league" point in just to needle us a bit more?

We KNOW you're in the PL, we know that your best dive...sorry, I mean Players..are lost to you with demise of Judas and the departure of Wilf, we know that Holloway and Parrish in a last desperate throw of the dice has bought the mix and match assortment of journeymen and nearly men who are, as we speak, watching the Tom Daly antics of last season on loop and practicing in the " dive simulator" at shithurst, in a desperate attempt to avoid certain relegation by Christmas...we all know that.

What is annoying and makes me do little sicks in my nose is your shithouse boyos posting their nonsense all over my lovely NSC.

Do you really have nothing better to do? I expect its because if you try and post on the other prem league forums that you just get laughed off the place so you're forced to look down your ****ing noses at us to make you feel better.

Just knob off you tards.

Piss off. Bridge is as old as the hills and had wilfin his pocket for all of the first game in the POs and during the St. Patrick's day massacre. It was only when Wurzel swapped Wilf to the left in the second PO leg at the Amex and Poyet didn't alter our defence in response leaving Calderon, who Zaha could run around all week, as his opponent that he was able to sneak in.

Do one you goon. Are you seriously claiming that Wilf is NOT a diver? Oh behave.

Wow, are you crying real tears? You are right that Wilf was contained by Bridge, but when it mattered in the play off he destroyed you.

Who in you're team or who you have produced would even make the Man U bench?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wow, are you crying real tears? You are right that Wilf was contained by Bridge, but when it mattered in the play off he destroyed you.

Is that what you're most proud of? That you produced a player of dubious, self-denying morality who went to Manchester United?

And it's 'your', not 'you're'.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

He doesn't dive because he doesn't need to? :facepalm:

Outstanding.

Meanwhile, back on this planet, Zaha is well-noted for his diving. Your denial only makes you sound like an amoral hypocrite.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

And back to Prince Charming now and his hypocritical rant...

:lolol:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
So what are you concerning yourself with a Manchester United bench-warmer for then?

I was replying to someone who was getting genuinely worked up and basically saying that Wilf is shite and only a bench warmer as you yourself have said also.

I asked in response who have you got or produced who is good enough to warm their bench?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
9 pages in and still not a single Palace fan even remotely able to accept that Palace players might have dived last season but so so happy to take the moral high ground on diving after 4 games this season?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
9 pages in and still not a single Palace fan even remotely able to accept that Palace players might have dived last season but so so happy to take the moral high ground on diving after 4 games this season?

I am able to accept that there were times when Zaha went to ground when he should not have, they were not as plentiful as you lot like to make out.

Are you lot willing to accept that you are bitter?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was replying to someone who was getting genuinely worked up and basically saying that Wilf is shite and only a bench warmer as you yourself have said also.

I asked in response who have you got or produced who is good enough to warm their bench?

Who cares? This thread is about the hypocrisy of your chairman. You're also lying when you say I think WZ is shite. So well done on both counts.

No matter how many of you lot come on here with a tag-team performances of trying to shift the argument away from his hypocrisy, none of you will acknowledge that Zaha is an habitual diver, even with one of you going to so far as to say he doesn't dive because he doesn't need to.

A bit like Gareth Bale. Or Ashley Young. Or Cristiano Ronaldo.

Outstandingly ignorant insight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Well that's progress.

I can only speak for myself and whilst I was totally gutted to lose to you, any bitterness I feel is that we did not do ourselves justice on the night, probably because of internal politics at the Albion. You won fair and square on the night and I feel no bitterness towards Palace, in fact it gives me an interest in the Premier League this season that I didn't have before. I love to see you lose and struggle but isn't that what a rivalry is about? There is nothing about your club that I envy so why would I be bitter, I am over the defeat and optimistic for this season. Now the season has started I'd rather be in our position than yours if we had to make do with the players you have in the Premier League. Your shining light has gone and Murray (who I really like) is out long term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports