Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace chairman calls for cheats to be punished....pot/kettle?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
With the amount of cameras at every Premier game, any diving will be analysed over and over again, as we've seen since the game on Saturday. Moyes, to his credit, has condemned Young for his blatant attempt at winning a penalty, but how do you stop it ?
Kids at grass roots level see this behaviour as the norm, and I've witnessed fathers screaming for penalties when their boys have "done a Young" in the box !
The only way to stop it is for the FA to take retrospective action on offenders, whether or not the culprits have been booked by the ref. Give the players a 5 match ban, and warn the clubs that repeat offences will result in a points deduction for that club.
But knowing the FA, they will do FA , and hide behind FIFA.

Karma for you eh. Would you have made this statement last season...yeah right.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With the amount of cameras at every Premier game, any diving will be analysed over and over again, as we've seen since the game on Saturday. Moyes, to his credit, has condemned Young for his blatant attempt at winning a penalty, but how do you stop it ?
Kids at grass roots level see this behaviour as the norm, and I've witnessed fathers screaming for penalties when their boys have "done a Young" in the box !
The only way to stop it is for the FA to take retrospective action on offenders, whether or not the culprits have been booked by the ref. Give the players a 5 match ban, and warn the clubs that repeat offences will result in a points deduction for that club.

You won't criticise the blatant diving from Palace players. Understood.

You are part of the problem.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Unlike all those Palace fans last year who begged Parish and Freedman/Holloway to insist that their players to stop diving. I think by the end of last season we were all bored to death with hearing your Chairman moan about players diving.

That's what happened. Right? It wasn't just the case that your two biggest divers have now either left the club or long term injured and Palace are now victims to the same kidology that got them so much reward last season? And your chairman doesn't like it.

Tw@t.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Just re-read this.

It's a joke isn't it? We have all been whooshed?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You won't criticise the blatant diving from Palace players. Understood.

You are part of the problem.

Because you spoke out against it in the past, you are exempt.
The vast majority of fans are the problem, very few will stand up and voice their anger at their own players.
Well done you.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
How those jesters up the road call us deluded I have no idea, every time they get beat it is always some sort of injustice on poor old Palace.

The fact that they are wetting the bed once again following another resounding defeat AND over something that their world beating winger (self proclaimed) was renowned for last season is laughable and frankly shows them for the absolute clowns they are - and that includes their chairman who just loves the controversy.

It just goes to show, in a season when they told us they were going to enjoy every game, they are the biggest bunch of bed wetting old women in the league.

Embarrassing for their club. Embarrassing.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I'm so going to enjoy the nigels getting their skiddy little knickers in a twist every week from now on. The precedent has been set and it's all downhill from here. Wurzel will be gone by Christmas at the latest, they'll spunk a load more cash in true stripey style but at least they'd have enjoyed every game :lolol:
What a bunch of bellends, bless em.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Prince Charming is probably pretty down tonight, as Swansea draw with Liverpool and his team falls into the bottom 3.

Shame.

:lolol:

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Of what? I can't prove you wouldn't have gone up without cheating.

Here is a pic of Zaha being booked for diving in case you've forgotten any of his 10 bookings last season.

wilfred-zaha_2452832b.jpg

Oh I'm remembering his bookings alright. Thanks for the evidence of him getting a yellow card. Do you have a picture or better still video of him taking a dive?

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Are you for real? You think someone's going to do all that just for you? Christ, you Palace fans think you're something special, don't you?

C'mon Buzzer, you're not that thick. It's a debating point, because I'm pretty confident that there is no convincing evidence that Zaha is an habitual diver.

I'm aware that Glen has form, so have less interest in debating that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Because you spoke out against it in the past, you are exempt.
The vast majority of fans are the problem, very few will stand up and voice their anger at their own players.
Well done you.

I take it you were spearheading your mob's public condemnation of syncro-divers Winnifred & Judas the previous 2 seasons then, eh? Perhaps you mobilised them right-on Ultra Nigels to undertake powerful pre-match cardboard choreographies?? You know, a colourful show of strength & solidarity to convince the pair of serial feigners that the pathway to righteousness didn't involve going down like a sack of spuds when they were inadvertently breathed upon in the penalty box.

ps Some pic's would be nice. :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh I'm remembering his bookings alright. Thanks for the evidence of him getting a yellow card. Do you have a picture or better still video of him taking a dive?

Bit of a piss take u saying that when he dived to win u a point vs us....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here