Palace chairman calls for cheats to be punished....pot/kettle?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same old Brighton, thinking that large attendances equates to points on the field of play :rolleyes:

8 points from 6 games suggests you're not recovering that well. You're already 8 points of the automatic places and a loss to QPR on Wednesday will see you average relegation form points wise.

Not sure what our problems are? All I see is a competive team that has not rolled over in any game, playing in the best league in the world (a league you can only dream of) cheered on by fantastic support from the stands and a general feel good around the club.

Now that's the sort of post that I could get myself banned for replying to.

However, what great delight it is to witness an idiot such as Parish smacking himself around the face with a big fish called irony. The beauty of it is he doesn't even realise it.

Whatever next ? Will he be complaining that poorly supported Clubs are deliberately inflating their home attendances by offering discounted ticket deals ? or men with big womens hair shouldn't shamelessly court publicity ? :ffsparr:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Photographic and video evidence, please.

Of what? I can't prove you wouldn't have gone up without cheating.

Here is a pic of Zaha being booked for diving in case you've forgotten any of his 10 bookings last season.

wilfred-zaha_2452832b.jpg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think you are wrong here, Young's diving antics are an embarrassment, no question about that, but it is NOT the subject matter of the thread. United fans think he is an arse for doing it (unless it is against City or the Dippers).

Last season Palace were awarded 15 penalties, some were for dives, yet your chairman was silent about that.

No issue with him complaining about diving being a cancer in the game, but if that is the case, people in glass houses etc....

If he wants the publicity, and let's be honest, he loves it, then he has to expect some stick if he is seen to be applying double standards.

Summed up to perfection.

Why did he not comment then about diving?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Like it or lump, diving or "simulation" is part and parcel of the modern game.
It's quite funny some of you slagging off Murray for winning penalties, I hope he was roundly booed when he was winning them for you ! And who can forget CMS and the dying swan dive last season !
I would say Zaha was too quick for his own good, and often lost his footing, but now he can learn from the master how to do it properly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's quite funny some of you slagging off Murray for winning penalties, I hope he was roundly booed when he was winning them for you ! And who can forget CMS and the dying swan dive last season !
I would say Zaha was too quick for his own good, and often lost his footing, but now he can learn from the master how to do it properly.

Good grief. :ffsparr:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Of course it's impossible for yellows to be awarded for clumsy tackles on more nimble players.

So Watford, Cardiff, us who all finished above you - we're all in the same ballpark card-wise - are THAT much less nimble, tricky than your 5th placed outfit?

Spurs had Walker, Bale and Lennon, yet got only 67 yellows conceded against them in 38 matches. Arsenal with all their nippy players managed 74. There's clearly more to this than speed and skill.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I suspect you tragically and honestly believe that too.

It's up (sorry, down) there with Richard Keys' "... he deserved to go down...", Andy's Gray's "... his momentum took him over..." and even Jason Roberts' "... well, there was contact..."

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

No shit Sherlock. Really? Well, thanks for that useful contribution. Your masterclass in stating the obvious has proven yet again that there's not one thread you've ever trolled that you've made any contribution warranting a second thought. Shame you can't construct proper sentences in your mother language but hey-ho, no matter. I'd like just once for you to disprove my theory that there's no discernible point to your grubby little existence on this board. Can you do that?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I'm not sure if you really don't get it, and are incredible stupid, or just fishing.

There is no defending Murray on here, yes he dived to win penalties when he was with us and I class that as cheating. Same as I hated Spanish rolling over on the TV against Newcastle. But that's not the thread title anyway.

Do you really not see the irony in your Chairman's comments, or as I said, are you really that thick?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

If you look on NSC there has been criticism of some of the play-acting antics from our own players, including from myself. Examples:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?181913-Adam-El-Abd-Pathetic
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?211515-Calderon-DIVED

Such reactions are very much the exception however. I really think it's going to have to take something quite extraordinary like a group of supporters turning, en masse, against their own players to bring about any change in this.

The problem is football supporters are fickle. They will happily criticise opposing players, supporters, managers and grounds whilst turning a blind eye to the very same at their own club, maybe adopting a "if you can't beat them, join them" attitude.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you look on NSC there has been criticism of some of the play-acting antics from our own players, including from myself. Examples:

Such reactions are very much the exception however. I really think it's going to have to take something quite extraordinary like a group of supporters turning, en masse, against their own players to bring about any change in this.

The problem is football supporters are fickle. They will happily criticise opposing players, supporters, managers and grounds whilst turning a blind eye to the very same at their own club, maybe adopting a "if you can't beat them, join them" attitude.

Funnily enough a quote from Bozza about Murray's play acting antics always sticks in my mind (when he was with us). Something about any touch and going down. Dunno why the he'll I remember this.

Lol at the palace fan asking for evidence of zaha diving :ffsparr: Every palace fan I know admitted to my face he was a diver, yet the ones in cyber land can't admit it despite plenty of examples.... Oh and when Leon Knight was playing for us and banging them in, both in the stands AND on Nsc a shed load of our fans would slate him for it. But I guess it's a class thing...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Look that was last season , we are a totally different side now and I totally back our co owner in his views on this blatant piece of cheating ! I feel the case for a automatic 5 game ban for a very high boot is more worthy of its own thread . Jesus he could have took the lads eye out !

Your most likely to dive from last season, ones injured and the other got sold. It is not a case of your club the light!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

With the amount of cameras at every Premier game, any diving will be analysed over and over again, as we've seen since the game on Saturday. Moyes, to his credit, has condemned Young for his blatant attempt at winning a penalty, but how do you stop it ?
Kids at grass roots level see this behaviour as the norm, and I've witnessed fathers screaming for penalties when their boys have "done a Young" in the box !
The only way to stop it is for the FA to take retrospective action on offenders, whether or not the culprits have been booked by the ref. Give the players a 5 match ban, and warn the clubs that repeat offences will result in a points deduction for that club.
But knowing the FA, they will do FA , and hide behind FIFA.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
With the amount of cameras at every Premier game, any diving will be analysed over and over again, as we've seen since the game on Saturday. Moyes, to his credit, has condemned Young for his blatant attempt at winning a penalty, but how do you stop it ?
Kids at grass roots level see this behaviour as the norm, and I've witnessed fathers screaming for penalties when their boys have "done a Young" in the box !
The only way to stop it is for the FA to take retrospective action on offenders, whether or not the culprits have been booked by the ref. Give the players a 5 match ban, and warn the clubs that repeat offences will result in a points deduction for that club.
But knowing the FA, they will do FA , and hide behind FIFA.

Easy for you to say now Wilf's left!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports