Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace / Brighton trouble

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If there's no away tickets there's no reason to travel at all. A 22 year old English fan has just died with talk of drugs and him acting aggressively. We just need to acknowledge we have a problem. The best way is to voluntarily waive our rights to away tickets for a year or two

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

So you agree given our racist incidents - U23 game & Spurs that we should close our stadium to fans?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
If there's no away tickets there's no reason to travel at all. A 22 year old English fan has just died with talk of drugs and him acting aggressively. We just need to acknowledge we have a problem. The best way is to voluntarily waive our rights to away tickets for a year or two

No one in their right mind would deny that we have (society has) a problem, but the people without tickets would travel regardless, looking for trouble. Your suggestion would just punish the likes of me, genuine fans eligible for tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Massive over reaction, in my (admittedly biased) opinion. Tens of thousands of us travel regularly following England, with no grief whatsoever. From what I’ve heard, a Palace fan slipped and fell onto some broken glass after a minor scuffle. Sort of thing that happens regularly in any British city on a weekly basis. Even the smallest incident at an England trip gets reported as if WW3 has broken out. I’m all too aware that there are lots of idiots travelling with England, but we mustn’t overreact. I wonder how people would feel if Brighton had a Millwall type reputation? Should we all be banned from going to away games? Anyway, I’m off to the game after a very enjoyable and trouble free afternoon in Sofia (much as we did n Prague).

I've been to the world cup in Brazil and to the euros in France. I didn't see any trouble, so totally agree that most are legitimate fans. Though the reports are so regular now, we need to do more than we are currently doing. A new generation of anti foreign (especially European) coked to the eyeballs hoolies are coming through and we need to react to the things which are actually happening

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I’m really hoping you’re a wind up

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you not think racism is a problem in Bulgaria ?

Pretty sure it is, isn't it? Isn't part of the stadium closed because of previous racial chanting? Trouble is I don't think the Bulgarians regard it as a problem ........................

But if we've got English muppets out there fighting in the streets and behaving like humanoid turds (assuming the reports coming in are true) they're really doing the anti-racism cause no bloody good at all, as well as letting their country down.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I've been to the world cup in Brazil and to the euros in France. I didn't see any trouble, so totally agree that most are legitimate fans. Though the reports are so regular now, we need to do more than we are currently doing. A new generation of anti foreign (especially European) coked to the eyeballs hoolies are coming through and we need to react to the things which are actually happening

That’s happening in domestic football as much as, if not more than, overseas trips. It’s a societal problem, the solution for which shouldn’t be calculated in isolation for England’s travelling fans.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But if we've got English muppets out there fighting in the streets and behaving like humanoid turds (assuming the reports coming in are true) they're really doing the anti-racism cause no bloody good at all, as well as letting their country down.

I don’t believe the 2 are connected and just because you have a few nobs out of 3500 doesn’t mean it dilutes your position against racism.

To be fair you see the same behaviour at Brighton games in London etc as you do out here. It really is over blown

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yeah, because there are absolutely no 22 year olds getting drunk / drugged up and putting themselves & others in danger in every town and city in the country at weekends.

It’s society’s problem, not football’s. If true RIP to a lad who probably thought he was immortal, like we all did in our teens and 20s.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don’t believe the 2 are connected and just because you have a few nobs out of 3500 doesn’t mean it dilutes your position against racism.

Of course they are. The media, the Bulgarians, UEFA, FIFA, Uncle Tom Cobley and all will concentrate on the violence of English soccer hooligans, and drain every drop out of it. Thus enabling them to shove the racism issue under the carpet for a bit longer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Of course they are. The media, the Bulgarians, UEFA, FIFA, Uncle Tom Cobley and all will concentrate on the violence of English soccer hooligans, and drain every drop out of it. Thus enabling them to shove the racism issue under the carpet for a bit longer.

You’re making it sound like mass disorder. It isn’t, a few smal isolated incidents that aren’t in the press or on social media.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You’re making it sound like mass disorder. It isn’t, a few smal isolated incidents that aren’t in the press or on social media.

I'm not. No doubt the press, the Bulgarians, UEFA, FIFA will make the most of it, however little there actually is.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sounds like naff all really .

Generally well behaved away . Few mobs but get that anywhere . Foreign police don’t help and then the media over blow it all .

Anyone gobbing off about it . Get out there . It’s a great piss up and good fun .

The problem is the media . Not the fans

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
So sad, everyone is there to support the country of their birth. Club loyalties really shouldn't come in to play on occasions like this.

Especially a tinpot rivalry like ours (as everyone else sees it), embarrassing all round really. Such a shame that so many cvnts follow england away

Es

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sounds like naff all really .

Generally well behaved away . Few mobs but get that anywhere . Foreign police don’t help and then the media over blow it all .

Anyone gobbing off about it . Get out there . It’s a great piss up and good fun .

The problem is the media . Not the fans
Bantz, innit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven't missed an England game (on telly) for at least 20 years. Can someone correct me if I have been deaf all this time - I heard the 'no surrender to the IRA' chant during the last game and I am sure I haven't heard it for a very long time. Happy to be corrected about our support's constant and fervant obsession with the IRA if I have been having hearing trouble ???

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Main chant I heard was the Scotland getting battered chant... Then we lose to the Czechs who have been shit the last couple of years :facepalm:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I haven't missed an England game (on telly) for at least 20 years. Can someone correct me if I have been deaf all this time - I heard the 'no surrender to the IRA' chant during the last game and I am sure I haven't heard it for a very long time. Happy to be corrected about our support's constant and fervant obsession with the IRA if I have been having hearing trouble ???

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/fifa-investigate-no-surrender-ira-chants-england-semi-final-168120
https://www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-2018/6765137/england-fans-song-chant-croatia-world-cup-no-surrender/
And others....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Scotland get battered, everywhere they goooooooo
Scotland get battered everywhere they goooooooo
Everywhere they gooooooooo