Palace away fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Yeah Crystal Palace FC only asked for this amount as they thought they couldn't sell anymore.

Similar to Watford away last Friday - can't blame them really as it is an extra 30 miles further away than Watford, and not near the end of the month for payday(Giro Day) :wanker:

Hmmm

If all Palace fans lived in Norwood and travelled to the game by driving as the crow flys to watford, its 30 miles. Some like me come from south of Croydon (sussex in my case ) and driving, smack bang through the middle of London on a Friday night would be a no no.

So it was 62 miles (124 ew) for me. Falmer from selhurst is 46 miles so thats 16 miles and not 30 extra.

Sometimes if you dont know the fact its just better to keep silent.

I think these comments about the palace and Brighton away support are a tad boring TBH, as both clubs have fantastic away support and most clubs around the championship envy it.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Have heard that the amount to be given is around the 2,500 mark - which is fairly decent really.

Could bring only 1,000 as far as I'm concerned, it's all about the atmosphere and it shall be buzzing on March 17th.

I have no doubts that Palace will sell their allocation.....then we of course beat them.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
I hope they aren't, and also hope they get a large allocation. We shouldn't stoop to their petty level.

Oh dear, it was the decision of the Police at Selhurst to restrict numbers, FACT

Not sure it's the same with your club though, I think they might be being petty, unless of course you can evidence that the police have restricted numbers at the Amex.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Yeah Crystal Palace FC only asked for this amount as they thought they couldn't sell anymore.

Similar to Watford away last Friday - can't blame them really as it is an extra 30 miles further away than Watford, and not near the end of the month for payday(Giro Day) :wanker:

great avatar - sorry to upset you but it won't upset Palace fans which is obviously your intention - we are proud that a product of our academy is now part of one of the biggest clubs in the world- sorry to see him go though- how are your academy products doing?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Palace do beam back again this year, then I doubt that you will sell 2200. The away allocation was 900 at Withdean and it didn't sell out, probably because it was on tv.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Oh dear, it was the decision of the Police at Selhurst to restrict numbers, FACT

Not sure it's the same with your club though, I think they might be being petty, unless of course you can evidence that the police have restricted numbers at the Amex.

Correct.
The police have restricted Millwall,Charlton and the weed to 2600.
Rumour is Leeds will get the same allocation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
great avatar - sorry to upset you but it won't upset Palace fans which is obviously your intention - we are proud that a product of our academy is now part of one of the biggest clubs in the world- sorry to see him go though- how are your academy products doing?

One is at Spurs and the other at Man City with a Prem League champions medal and England caps.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

We're not restricting numbers, our ground will be a sell out. Why give more to Palace when we can have more of our own supporters.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
One is at Spurs and the other at Man City with a Prem League champions medal and England caps.

As Barry didn't Play any first team games for you, he doesn't count .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As Barry didn't Play any first team games for you, he doesn't count .

He was a product of our youth development scheme , he didn't play for the 1st team because Villa snaffled him up as a 16 year old.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He was a product of our youth development scheme , he didn't play for the 1st team because Villa snaffled him up as a 16 year old.

So he doesn't count then , who's the other one at spurs ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So he doesn't count then , who's the other one at spurs ?

So any youth or academy player at any club not in the big 4 that goes to a big club doesn't count by not playing in the first team ? Its funny how Palace fans can decide what the criteria is. Other fans recognise the youth system where kids started as 7 or 8 year olds and go on to the big time.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
So any youth or academy player at any club not in the big 4 that goes to a big club doesn't count by not playing in the first team ? Its funny how Palace fans can decide what the criteria is. Other fans recognise the youth system where kids started as 7 or 8 year olds and go on to the big time.

I agree, but I've spoken to fans who claim we'd effectively lied about how good John Bostock is based on the fact he's done sod all at Tottenham. If he'd done well it would have been another success story but you can't control how well a player does when he leaves. The difference between him and GB was that the latter got to play games from an early age at a high level, something Brighton could never have offered him barring a minor miracle.

Barry's forged a very good career for himself despite being considerably average. Much like Stuart Downing, if they were right footed they wouldn't be anywhere near the England team but apparently they bring "balance" to the side.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
If Palace do beam back again this year, then I doubt that you will sell 2200. The away allocation was 900 at Withdean and it didn't sell out, probably because it was on tv.

Had a beam back last year and sold out no problem, I'd say given the stakes on this game that CPFC will make a pretty penny from the beam back this season as well, you'd be a fool to miss it if you live locally!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
which is fair enough,as we can sell the remaining seats,something they couldnt,
as for them being let out same time,their will be carnage in town after game fact esp with a sunday train service

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Hmm, If the Albion really wanted to be petty, then a refusal to allow the beam back could be the best course of action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports