Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy McCourt plus A.N Other was at the game tonight

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Just been watching the Londonderry Pele on youtube. He certainly has some skill and probably like a lot of wingers he is inconsistent but surely worth a look.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I actually think he would be better than Buckley. Get him in, then we only need another 6.

I think this is probably one of the only times when all the fans agree on the same thing. We are threadbare and need a shed load of decent replacements.

I am feeling rather deflated about this season. I feel sorry for Hyppia, I not convinced he is the correct choice due to the complete change in style of play, but I am more than wiling to give him time... But without the right staff he must be mightily pissed off.

Time for the club to come up with the goods. McCourt is a start, but on paper we are picking player from a relegated poor side, that doesn't offer us fans much hope of "one ambition".

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think this is probably one of the only times when all the fans agree on the same thing. We are threadbare and need a shed load of decent replacements.

I am feeling rather deflated about this season. I feel sorry for Hyppia, I not convinced he is the correct choice due to the complete change in style of play, but I am more than wiling to give him time... But without the right staff he must be mightily pissed off.

Time for the club to come up with the goods. McCourt is a start, but on paper we are picking player from a relegated poor side, that doesn't offer us fans much hope of "one ambition".

The thing is I honestly believe that, like for like we have replaced what we have lost with better players.

Stockdale/TK----I think TK was vastly over rated by many on here.
Hughes/Upson---454 Prem apps v 295 for Upson at the top level. Hughes was always going to be an ever dependable replacement.
O'Grady/Hoskins--- I haven't said Ulloa as I sincerely hope not. Got to be better than Hoskins, as Hoskins never played.
Toko/ Andrews---- Ok Jury out but here's hoping.

It's just the fact we still need to replace,,,, Ward- El Abd- Orlandi- Lopez- Ulloa- Buckley- Barnes.... That's 7, replace those with better and we will be on fire. I would be happy with McCourt for Buckley but that still leaves 6.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The thing is I honestly believe that, like for like we have replaced what we have lost with better players.

Hughes/Upson---454 Prem apps v 295 for Upson at the top level. Hughes was always going to be an ever dependable replacement.
O'Grady/Hoskins--- I haven't said Ulloa as I sincerely hope not. Got to be better than Hoskins, as Hoskins never played.
Toko/ Andrews---- Ok Jury out but here's hoping.

It's just the fact we still need to replace,,,, Ward- El Abd- Orlandi- Lopez- Ulloa- Buckley- Barnes.... That's 7, replace those with better and we will be on fire. I would be happy with McCourt for Buckley but that still leaves 6.

Agreed, but the concern is there doesn't seem to be any sign of these players coming. I have this nagging feeling that Bloom wants a return on the stadium / academy ASAP and Hyppia is wiling to take this approach. I'd be surprised if we get 3 new signings before end of August. I fear this is the start of the transition period for the academy and we will struggle.

The flip side could be that we are not playing into the agents hands and are holding out, then nearer deadline day we fill our boots?

Either way we need a goal scorer, left back and a couple of decent wingers at the absolute minimum. A couple of injuries in the wrong places and we are royally screwed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Toko/ Andrews---- Ok Jury out but here's hoping.who nerve

It's just the fact still leaves 6.

I would suggest COG has replaced Barnes rather than Hoskins due to number of games played. Fenelon has moved up to replace Hoskins.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would suggest COG has replaced Barnes rather than Hoskins due to number of games played. Fenelon has moved up to replace Hoskins.

Either way, replacing Ulloa is the key. If we can buy/get a 20+goal a season striker, then we are in business. Without him( whoever he maybe) we are in trouble.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Either way, replacing Ulloa is the key. If we can buy/get a 20+goal a season striker, then we are in business. Without him( whoever he maybe) we are in trouble.

Ulloa never scored 20 league goals in a season though did he ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here