Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy McCourt plus A.N Other was at the game tonight

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
This.......

I think it looks more like Mike Yardy sitting next to him.....

I think it's the Burnley player Matt Taylor, John Sullivan tweeted saying he bumped into him at the ground and posted a picture of them together. If I knew how to post pictures I would.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We don't sign a player: People complain
We look like signing a player: people complain they aren't good enough having not seen them play.

Can the club win?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
We don't sign a player: People complain
We look like signing a player: people complain they aren't good enough having not seen them play.

Can the club win?

It's who we are signing though, which is either a cheap option or of questionable quality needed to give us a chance of making the top six.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I got the wrong Matt Taylor it's one that plays for Cheltenham that's in the picture.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's who we are signing though, which is either a cheap option or of questionable quality needed to give us a chance of making the top six.

If they perform well, i couldn't give a toss if they're a free or cost £5m. Plus with someone like McCourt, very few (if any) know if he's really that good or not - it's all assumption.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I can only assume that none of you moaners have actually seen McCourt play.

The guy is a quality winger with some serious skill and a bit of pace.
Played a lot of games for that crappy Scottish side, Celtic I think they are called, oh and 14 times for his country.

No, why would we want him?

Let WB stay, so that you can whinge a bit more.

FFS, its like the Priestfield and the Withdean never happened.

Reality check please, supporting this club is FUN now.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I used to think that, but this place has a habit of kicking the fun out of it.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent

Played a lot of games for that crappy Scottish side, Celtic I think they are called, oh and 14 times for his country.

Agree. 1-0 to the glass half full squad!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
FFS So much for " We will only sign players that will significantly improve the squad. " Someone at the club just needs to be honest with the supporters as this is a fecking tin pot move. Has this past three years all been a dream or are we still struggling in league 1?

To be fair, with what is left of our squad after the fire sale and general clear out of the past 6 months, he quite possibly would improve the squad*

*Assuming Buckley goes too

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
If they perform well, i couldn't give a toss if they're a free or cost £5m. Plus with someone like McCourt, very few (if any) know if he's really that good or not - it's all assumption.

Well the summary in my eyes is, we may have now, 2 players coming in from relegated Barnsley, some guy nobody knows from Grasshoppers Zurich, Hughes, who looks at best, not bad so far.

Not good reading so far for a club that has sold (inc. Buckley) the best part of £14m ish. We have spent all summer waiting and waiting and it's all a bit late to be trying to help a squad together. We should have been doing that a long while ago

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Thought we weren't gonna just get players for the sake of it and only buy players who can improve us with real quality. That's what the club said.

I just don't know what to believe now

Nothing inspiring is being spoken about or happening and that's why patience (as asked for over a week ago) is turning into anger

Going backwards!

We haven't signed McOurt we are looking at him. All clubs do this. Will probably come to nothing. God people need to calm down.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

If he's championship quality then why hasn't he been snapped up by other clubs?quality players don't go on trial's at clubs do they?
Wasn't he tipped for bury recently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here