Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy McCourt plus A.N Other was at the game tonight

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As posted on these very pages last week, Paddy McCourt is on trial with us this week.

That he popped along to see the game should not be much of a surprise to anyone.

This.......

I think it looks more like Mike Yardy sitting next to him.....

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Buckley out and potentially free agent Mccourt in. Other than the accountants who will be happy exchanging a significant fee and high wages for no fee and lower wages this is not a transfer that will help me get my damaged Albion mojo back. Very underwhelming. If Mccourt was seriously a high end target of ours would he not have been here on day one of pre-season for us to look at rather than a couple of games in. Smacks to me of struggling with original targets and getting desperate.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Buckley out and potentially free agent Mccourt in. Other than the accountants who will be happy exchanging a significant fee and high wages for no fee and lower wages this is not a transfer that will help me get my damaged Albion mojo back. Very underwhelming. If Mccourt was seriously a high end target of ours would he not have been here on day one of pre-season for us to look at rather than a couple of games in. Smacks to me of struggling with original targets and getting desperate.

Yeah but he had 1 good game against us ????? ?.... if that is the case what about the 10 Derby players surely they are worth a look, oh sorry my bad they would cost money

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I blame the poster on NSC who touted him in the 1st place as it seems Burko and the scouts are now nicking the collective NSC ideas

Or the person that started the thread knew McCourt was in Brighton, staying at a sea front hotel. Or his twiiter source did. Moan about our recruitment this summer, fair enough, but don't be so childish as to presume that the club scours NSC for scouting tips.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Wow. Is that it? I will be truly bloody disgusted if the club thinks it can get away with McCourt and O'Grady. If that's our level this summer, then Mr Barber, you can prepare to be 14,000 crowds Ready.

Other than a half decent keeper, we have signed nobody of any quality and that's on top of deciding that keeping Kemy was worth it. He's a lump and I would rather see the likes of Harris come through from the academy.

I have held back in the main in criticising the club but ANY club with an ambition of going up,or being anywhere near the play offs will have the best of its targets signed up by now instead of scraping about looking for the last girl at a school dance.

Bed wetting it may be, but I would rather wet the bed than sh** on the doorstep

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Thought we weren't gonna just get players for the sake of it and only buy players who can improve us with real quality. That's what the club said.

I just don't know what to believe now

Nothing inspiring is being spoken about or happening and that's why patience (as asked for over a week ago) is turning into anger

Going backwards!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wow. Is that it? I will be truly bloody disgusted if the club thinks it can get away with McCourt and O'Grady. If that's our level this summer, then Mr Barber, you can prepare to be 14,000 crowds Ready.

Other than a half decent keeper, we have signed nobody of any quality and that's on top of deciding that keeping Kemy was worth it. He's a lump and I would rather see the likes of Harris come through from the academy.

I have held back in the main in criticising the club but ANY club with an ambition of going up,or being anywhere near the play offs will have the best of its targets signed up by now instead of scraping about looking for the last girl at a school dance.

Bed wetting it may be, but I would rather wet the bed than sh** on the doorstep

Barber? I think you mean Bloom....

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's good to know that we've taken a free agent on trial for whom there will be no transfer fee if we sign him. A big well done to the club. My goodness it's exciting being a Brighton fan.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
FFS So much for " We will only sign players that will significantly improve the squad. " Someone at the club just needs to be honest with the supporters as this is a fecking tin pot move. Has this past three years all been a dream or are we still struggling in league 1?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's good to know that we've taken a free agent on trial for whom there will be no transfer fee if we sign him. A big well done to the club. My goodness it's exciting being a Brighton fan.

There will be a signing on fee in lieu of a transfer fee however...

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
could be a good member for the squad though, probably released to keep down their wages bill & if free saves us some money (how much did we make last year?)

I am sure they are now working hard to sign a couple, Tony has invested a great deal of money, he is a fan & wants us to do well.

I am still hopeful, although didn't enjoy the score last Saturday!

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Paddy McCourt signing comes down to a simple question.

Is he better than Kemy?

The answer seems likely to be a resounding yes so we may as well take him on a free. When Stephens is back Paddy might only be on the bench anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here