Owlsonline preview

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I lived up North for a few years. Worked in Yorkshire for about 9 months. Evenly balanced people.....chip on both shoulders.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
His final few words made me chuckle:

Big Club 1-0 Small Club

So just the 9 or 10 thousand fewer than would be watching the match if it was at the Amex then.

Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: Dear oh dear.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Extremely myopic, perhaps had he not used the Bummers word you'd have been less uppity.

I tell you what makes me 'uppity', and I know I really shouldn't cos he just some sad little **** who thinks his thoughts deserve attention and I've only had them drawn to mine by the OP BUT, he calls us plastic. His entire 'history' of the protests through our war years is, that after the Hereford game we invaded the pitch to protest! HA!

I know, he's probably 15 and doesn't go out much, but that still winds me up.

(15 is probably generous)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Be interesting to see their gate tonight. Such a massive club be disappointed if less than our average. Reading that blog it has to be 50000 at least!!! I shall be disappointed with less.

Actually wouldn't be surprised if Albion fans don't travel. Hillsborough is the Selhurst of the North.

I would suggest that you shouldn't bother with away trips, because you will be in for an awful lot of disappointments. I reckon Hillsborough is one of the best old fashioned football stadiums I have been to. The only drawbacks, are that it is too bloody far to travel midweek and that it is quite a trek out of the city centre. Ironic really given the whining of our Northern Correspondent, about the journey from Brighton to Falmer.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Wednesday
jones.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His final few words made me chuckle:

So just the 9 or 10 thousand fewer than would be watching the match if it was at the Amex then.

Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: Dear oh dear.

I thought I would be generous and compare like for like. We played Wednesday on a Tuesday night earlier this season. Our gate was 25,725.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
As others have pointed out, the last notable trophy they won was over 70 years ago (ignoring the league cup, nobody gives a f*ck about that these days).

Recently even Sheffield United have been attracting bigger home attendances in the league below, and as noted, there will probably be around 18/19k there tonight, 10k less than we managed Saturday.

Oh, and until a few weeks back there were genuine concerns they'd be relegated again, it's a shame it hasn't materialised.

Worst thing is, i'll be making the most of their desperation for anyone to come along to Hillsborough tonight and sitting in the home stands. Having lived up here for 3 years, it's easy to see why they all seem to have a chip on their shoulder.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Extremely myopic, perhaps had he not used the Bummers word you'd have been less uppity.

People would probably be less uppity if it was a well thought out and accurate article, rather than just an outpouring of bile and stereotype.

Plus it speaks volumes that you try to defend, yet the article then becomes heavily edited.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought I would be generous and compare like for like. We played Wednesday on a Tuesday night earlier this season. Our gate was 25,725.

And they brought 755 fans to that evening game.

We took 902 to nearby Doncaster, 766 to Bolton who are a little further away, 1,135 to wigan a little further away, but they were all saturday games. Burnley on a Tuesday night we only took 248. The only other midweek evening game away we've had is v QPR where we took 1,800, but that is a lot easier to get to and home from.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
You know a piece of writing is going to be bad if it begins "I didn't know much about...". The writer is advertising his or her lack of qualifications to be discussing the subject.

I don't expect anything less from Wednesday. Even Leeds aren't filled with quite that level of self-importance (and they at least had a good team about 15 years ago).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
"Big Club 1-0 Small Club

18,217 "

good one. :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes because the views of a few supporters is reason enough eh?

Maybe if you weren't so myopic about Northerners on here......

To be honest the whole article is an embarrassment. The writer is either a WUM or severely ignorant of football history before about 1998. Then you decided to publish a homophobic comment and, when brought up on it on Twitter, you ninja edited it. The replacement is hilarious btw. 19k to watch a "big club". Ok then. Still, I bet your page views have rocketed. Have you met Mr hove boring and unread? You two would have a cracking evening together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports