Owen

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Silent Bob said:
We defended a one goal lead against an average Argentina side, and Denmark and Croatia, wow, massive games alright.
So these don't count as good games, yet you're prepared to highlight a game against Portugal in which we DREW and were robbed of a winning goal by a poor ref decision as an example of a crap one?

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:
So these don't count as good games, yet you're prepared to highlight a game against Portugal in which we DREW and were robbed of a winning goal by a poor ref decision as an example of a crap one?

But we didnt deserve to win - even tho we had a perfectly good goal dis allowed

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
But we didnt deserve to win - even tho we had a perfectly good goal dis allowed

no disputing that, and had rooney not got injured it would of been a very different game

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
with the players we have in this country an injury to one player shouldnt matter - no matter who it is

it does when vassel is put on up front:nono:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
I thought the substitution of Rooney was the issue. Vassell and Owen were so similar, it was about the only time I actually wanted to see Heskey on the pitch, scary.

Or defoe should have been there

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
Well thats svens fault

a poor decision - however, im sure the vast majority of the country would rather have seen him on than heskey

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
with the players we have in this country an injury to one player shouldnt matter - no matter who it is

But then I guess the issue with England is they have a decent starting 11, but some of the cover players are not as good. France without Zidane have looked a shadow of their former selves, so much so that he has come out of retirement.

England without Beckham often do not look as good (cue flaming), but it is true.

What England need to sort out of balancing that side and the current midfield looks too attacking and a holding player is needed.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
Or defoe should have been there

In fairness I think Sven said in retrospect he would have taken him, however he had played most of that season in the First Division. But then Owen and Defoe are the same sort of player and Defoe has yet to convince that he is ready. He did well in Katowice, but in the Wales game at Old Trafford he almost tried to hard and a couple of times did not pass the ball when he should have.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Scotty M said:
a poor decision - however, im sure the vast majority of the country would rather have seen him on than heskey

I rate Heskey as a sub - like ub said i would have prefered him than dv

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
In fairness I think Sven said in retrospect he would have taken him, however he had played most of that season in the First Division. But then Owen and Defoe are the same sort of player and Defoe has yet to convince that he is ready. He did well in Katowice, but in the Wales game at Old Trafford he almost tried to hard and a couple of times did not pass the ball when he should have.

To be fair they were smashing balls at his head!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Simply because he likes to go deep to find the ball and so is better employed behind Owen.

Thats why Teddy was and is such a good player at times he drops so deep he is in his own half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports