Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Marshy said:
So your happy for Sven to stay even if we dont qualify...... SHOCKING

if we don't qualify sven should be shot.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:
So your happy for Sven to stay even if we dont qualify...... SHOCKING

Sadly for you we will qualify, so it is not a problem.

For all the anti Sven feeling festering amongst yourself, Easy and Pavilionaire, not one of you have come up with a sensible alternative. It seems as long as they are English then it is fine by you, even if it does mean returning to the dark days of Taylor or the passion by f*** wit management of Keegan.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
i feel sven is the right man for the job, we will qualify. who else is gonna do a better job than sven in ur view marshy?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Uncle Buck said:
Sadly for you we will qualify, so it is not a problem.

For all the anti Sven feeling festering amongst yourself, Easy and Pavilionaire, not one of you have come up with a sensible alternative. It seems as long as they are English then it is fine by you, even if it does mean returning to the dark days of Taylor or the passion by f*** wit management of Keegan.

at last common sense.........their is no other alternatives that have shown willingness to take the job......

people say allardyce but i wouldnt want us to play crouch and kevin davies up front and play long ball all day.....

Every England manager of the last few years has come into fierce critisism at some point. It never seems to dawn on people that maybe the players we have aren't as good as we like to think. For all the multi million pound superstars we have only two English clubs have won the Champions League in 20 years - pretty poor really.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
sven hasnt done a bad job.

We run out of steam against brazil and a freak goal gave them the win.

Portugal.....cant fault the way he played it but i feel the players lost it when rooney came off as they had no spark.....

portugal were their for the taking that night and the players f***ed it up.....

Sven has a good record

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Against Bazil we were all over them. Then 1-0 up against 10 men we sat back and in the end couldn't get back into it. Pretty much the same goes for Portugal, and France at Euro 2004.

Last edited:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Brighton Boy said:
sven hasnt done a bad job.

We run out of steam against brazil and a freak goal gave them the win.

Portugal.....cant fault the way he played it but i feel the players lost it when rooney came off as they had no spark.....

portugal were their for the taking that night and the players f***ed it up.....

Sven has a good record

i'll go along with that.:drink:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Surprise surprise he brings owen back in - you can see why some england players get pissed off with sven.
If he brings back owen and changes formation what message does that send to the likes of Defoe.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
English choices are thin on the ground granted.

Im not against a Foriegn manager another misconception, my choice has always been Wenger if available...and i think its a lot more posible than people think.

I would be happy with Martin O'Neill also, anyone who can get Celtic to a European Cup Final is a good candidate, unfortunately losing to a Porto side that then went on to win the European Cup the following season....if you can get an extra 10% out of players Like O'Neill does, at international level that really would give us the edge.

Of the English choices, certainly not Mclaren.
Allardyce and Curbishley both deserve a mention constantly getting more than can be expcected out of the players they have.

Silent Bob said:
Against Bazil we were all over them. Then 1-0 up against 10 men we sat back and in the end couldn't get back into it. Pretty much the same goes for Portugal, and France at Euro 2004.

I agree we threw it away a bit but - sorry to use the old heat excuse here, so I'll word it another way - Brazil had the stamina!

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
Surprise surprise he brings owen back in - you can see why some england players get pissed off with sven.
If he brings back owen and changes formation what message does that send to the likes of Defoe.

thats not fair really. he played a team he thought was capable of beating a well organised wales team, we battled kept the ball well and won by the odd goal, game plan was a success. its called professionalism, ask jose mourinho. defoe will no wot sven thinks of him cos he will tell him, defoe will get his chance.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
KinkyGoebels said:

that owen is our best striker and is vital to us scoring goals?

you cant not play owen! he has a superb goal ratio and always pops up at the right times. him and rooney provide fantastic variety in our striking options

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
thats not fair really. he played a team he thought was capable of beating a well organised wales team, we battled kept the ball well and won by the odd goal, game plan was a success. its called professionalism, ask jose mourinho. defoe will no wot sven thinks of him cos he will tell him, defoe will get his chance.

I wouldnt be so sure of that all the time Beckham is running the team - and Sven can deny it all he wants but its pretty clear he is.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
You cant fault the way we played in the portugal match? we played poorly - and only about 4 players turned up

the rooney loss was huge, totally changed the whole match.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
that owen is our best striker and is vital to us scoring goals?

you cant not play owen! he has a superb goal ratio and always pops up at the right times. him and rooney provide fantastic variety in our striking options

Fair enough is owen is fit play him but the point im trying to make is that with owen out defoe should have played he was the top english goal scorer last year and he is in great form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here