Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone think we will win the World Cup playing 7 matches in a month in the summer heat with just Rooney up front on his own?

Owen must start, Rooney up front as well but playing off him. Beckham in front of the back four, SWP wide right, Lampard in the middle getting forward, Gerrard on the left.

I'd drop Joe Cole because he can't shoot for toffee, his goal was fortunate, he missed a sitter and he gives the ball away too easily.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
I think Hargreaves is one of those that will always be in the squad as he can cover a few areas and he is one of Sven's favourites.

i like hargreaves, he is a good player but never seems to be given a chance for england

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Hargreaves is twice the footballer Young is - Luke Young is a sound Premiership full-back, nothing more; although he defended well enough on Saturday (against a league one wing-back who only recently left Telford), he looked completely lost with the ball at his feet. Better than Glen Johnson, granted, but that's not saying an awful lot.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Pavilionaire said:
Does anyone think we will win the World Cup playing 7 matches in a month in the summer heat with just Rooney up front on his own?

Owen must start, Rooney up front as well but playing off him. Beckham in front of the back four, SWP wide right, Lampard in the middle getting forward, Gerrard on the left.

I'd drop Joe Cole because he can't shoot for toffee, his goal was fortunate, he missed a sitter and he gives the ball away too easily.

u can't just play gerrard on the left all of a sudden, it don't work like that, this is just playing your best players without playing the best for each position, other teams dnt do it so its beyond me why it would be done, gerrard cannot play on the left, he is one of the best centre midefielders in the world.

Joe Cole was bloody awful on Saturday and won't even make the Chelsea first team this season so I'd be tempted to drop him.

Hargreaves never puts a foot wrong and will never stop chasing the ball. He'd be a good option at right back. I remember when Bayern Munich beat Man U in the Champs League a while back, ok he was right midfield but he had Ryan Giggs in his back pocket.

It is only Northern Ireland we're playing after all, we could afford to take a tiny gamble like that and Hargreaves wouldn't let us down.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Repugnant Toad said:
Hargreaves is twice the footballer Young is - Luke Young is a sound Premiership full-back, nothing more; although he defended well enough on Saturday (against a league one wing-back who only recently left Telford), he looked completely lost with the ball at his feet. Better than Glen Johnson, granted, but that's not saying an awful lot.

did you forget that giggs was playing aswell and he was down the left a fair bit......luke young is class.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Joe Cole was bloody awful on Saturday and won't even make the Chelsea first team this season so I'd be tempted to drop him

he was piss poor on saturday, but has very rarely let england down in the past when given the chance

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Hargreaves aint an international right-back simple i feel, he dont play there every week for his club, it requires totally different qualities to a right midfielder,hes good cover for a number of positions but never a international starting right back.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Brighton Boy said:
why dont we drop everyone and start from scratch......

1st on the team sheet...Hargreaves...*Sarcasm button turned on*

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

2nd on the team sheet david james

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
u can't just play gerrard on the left all of a sudden, it don't work like that, this is just playing your best players without playing the best for each position, other teams dnt do it so its beyond me why it would be done, gerrard cannot play on the left, he is one of the best centre midefielders in the world.

Agree with that. He is playing out of position in 4-4-2 as he often has to play as the deeper one as he is more talented than Lampard.

I would like to see the midfield be Beckham on the right, with Carrick and Gerrard in the middle and then probably Cole on the left, although I would like to see Downing given a couple of games. Also by playing Carrick it does give us the option of going back to the diamond midfield as both Neville and Cole can get decent balls in as full backs.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Agree with that. He is playing out of position in 4-4-2 as he often has to play as the deeper one as he is more talented than Lampard.

I would like to see the midfield be Beckham on the right, with Carrick and Gerrard in the middle and then probably Cole on the left, although I would like to see Downing given a couple of games. Also by playing Carrick it does give us the option of going back to the diamond midfield as both Neville and Cole can get decent balls in as full backs.

were getting somewhere, i totally agree with stuart downing when he is fit again and given a proper run in the england team he has all attributes needed, reasonably pacey, good dribbling skills, runs well at ppl, and YES hes got a LEFT foot! wooooooooooohoooooooooooo! happy days.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Brighton Boy said:
Starting to get some shape to this new look england side.

gk.James
Rb.Hargreaves.

i wanna chuck darren anderton in their

gk james
rb hargreaves

lm gerrard

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Uncle Buck said:
It will not happen unless he walks as it would cost the FA about £8m.

I do not think that will be an issue as we will qualify and it comes back to the fact that there is nobody better out there that can do the job, certainly amongst the English managers.

Answer the question.....do you think he would deserve the sack if it happened.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:
Answer the question.....do you think he would deserve the sack if it happened.

As there seem to be no obvious candidates available I do not see the point in him going. If the FA could get Guus Hiddink in then fine off you go, but replacing him with the dross that is an English manager at present would be counter productive. So sadly you are going to have to deal with a foreigner in charge until 2008.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here