Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Overseas holidays allowed from 6 July (without quarantining on return)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dont know everything but I know about 1000 heads are going

Stands/Newcastle bases are gone

LGW is losing 1 plane from airport

Routes being cut

That's a real shame. Easyjet are the good guys in my book. Always treated me fairly. And as I always tend to sit in the back row of the plane, I find I can listen in on the chatter of the mainly young kids that form the bulk of their cabin crew, I get the definite feel they're pretty happy in their jobs also. Never heard a single one them slag off their employer, even when they're say on their break and assume they're out of earshot of the punters. Have seen far more of Europe than I'd ever have seen without them. My only regret is after untold flights, I still have no jdea how to capitalise their name properly without first looking it up

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Airlines are in a perilous state at the moment - so many different circumstances conspiring to really shaft their businesses. People are assuming that once Airbridges and the Traffic Light System are announced (whenever that may be!) that it will all flick back to normal - the opposite is happening as a boat load of forward bookings for July/Aug/Sep have already been cancelled with people preferring to forego deposits and the bookings are just not there. Jet2 announced similar last week and they are cancelling loads of flights or consolidating flights to get the load factors to a point where it is economical to actually run the flight. Easyjet and BA doing the same, it's not good.

Short Haul Operators make the most of their money in the period when Covid has hit, there just aren't the destinations to entice people Nov-Apr and the Ski Season may well also be affected. These Operators fly less Sectors in this period also, so there isn't the need for a full workforce when in normal years, it is viable to retain them as they've made money in the peak season.

Expect more cancellations and consolidation of flights regardless of what is announced by the Government - confidence to book needs to happen for any type of recovery to start. Also ignore the booking frenzy being reported in the Media - the majority of these are Eurotunnel and Staycations!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Easyjet net profit 2019 = £349 million

Have you ever heard of the phrase 'past performance is no guarantee of future performance' ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have you ever heard of the phrase 'past performance is no guarantee of future performance' ?

This.

Easyjet’s profit margin in the good times was just 8.5% of the non-duty portion of each ticket.

In the “new normal” (where much of NSC for example hopes for environmental reasons that people don’t fly anymore), at a stroke their revenue has crashed.

EasyJet have had to borrow from the government scheme and raise money from shareholders to stay liquid. They’re expecting a 30% reduction in demand by Q4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here