Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over 23000 Sold for the Arsenal Game

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The club do make gestures re: pricing/tickets regularly. Remember offering ST holders free tickets for the Hull City replay last year ?
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-fans-treated-to-replay-tickets-1367144.aspx
And they're always flexible re: pricing for cup games depending on the opposition. Cheltenham was 12 quid earlier in the season.
But like it or not Arsenal are in that top 6 of clubs in the entire country in terms of opposition. (Man U, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool).

The game will certainly sell out.

And of course who could forget the free pint at the Middlesbrough (was it?) game.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Am I right in thinking the only people who can now buy tickets until 0900 on Monday are Bronze members (I don't know any of these - are there many) and STH's who have not yet or chose not to secure their own seat?

Although I'm sure this will sell out fast it does seem curious to give what I'm sure is a very limited group of people a 96 hour window. Surely 24-48 hours would have been sufficient?

Yes you're right. This does seem a strangely disproportionate amount of time for the Bronze members to get tickets? surely just a 24 hours window would have sufficed.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I'm a bronze member just got my ticket was easy! Still loads of tickets left for sale around the ground :smile:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I see Sheff Wed tickets are on sale, the club clearly feel they won't be in the 5th round then, bit of a risk as I won't be able to go to Sheffield on a Tuesday night

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I see Sheff Wed tickets are on sale, the club clearly feel they won't be in the 5th round then, bit of a risk as I won't be able to go to Sheffield on a Tuesday night
Wednesday are out

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Was the Palace crowd lower due to higher segregation issues 29,518 isn't far short of Wolves

I think that's right - the official capacity is 30,500 but some seats will always be used for segregation, and obviously more for Palace than Wolves. Even Wolves was 30,003 - so almost 500 short of capacity.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think that's right - the official capacity is 30,500 but some seats will always be used for segregation, and obviously more for Palace than Wolves. Even Wolves was 30,003 - so almost 500 short of capacity.
As I understand it the current capacity is 30,750 with limited scope to squeeze in a few more seats in places.

Agree that this figure will never be reached for a football match due to segregation requirements. Assuming all tickets get sold for this Arsenal game then presumably we will find out the "maximum" crowd.

The announced crowds for the no-segregation Rugby World Cup sell-outs will be interesting.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Of course the 30,003 was not bums on seats, so the Palace game was almost certainly the biggest crowd at the Amex to date.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Of course the 30,003 was not bums on seats, so the Palace game was almost certainly the biggest crowd at the Amex to date.

I always think the 30,003 was contrived so that it exceeded the magic 30k the same season all of the extra seats were in place. Were stewards going round Falmer at half time finding waifs and strays to put into spare seats as they were a few short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here